boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Help needed with mother's dog

My mother is going to get rid of her dog because it keeps pisin in the house. A little info on him - he gets looked in the passage part of the house all day which is about the size of a kitchen and gets taken out the back for a piss and walked at night. My brother has adhd and always winds the dog up the other side of the babies gate between the passage and the dinning room and my mother's childish b/f also winds the dog up and tells him off for doing nothing so the dog aint exactly learning right from wrong. Is there anyway or tips to stoping the dog from pissin in the house. He's 3 years old, is it to late.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    My mother is going to get rid of her dog because it keeps pisin in the house. A little info on him - he gets looked in the passage part of the house all day which is about the size of a kitchen and gets taken out the back for a piss and walked at night. My brother has adhd and always winds the dog up the other side of the babies gate between the passage and the dinning room and my mother's childish b/f also winds the dog up and tells him off for doing nothing so the dog aint exactly learning right from wrong. Is there anyway or tips to stoping the dog from pissin in the house. He's 3 years old, is it to late.
    Ahh, I well I have had a few labs in my day, and I have never had a hard time training my dog to piss out side. Seems like animal abuse over there. Just let the dog out a couple times a day.

crazyhorse1960 is offline Associate Member
    usually its best to train a dog not to piss in a house while its just a pup,however its like you said its 3yrs to late but than it is never to late,a dog should be brought out for walks 3 times a day w/daily exercise. also its best to have a kennel that fits the dogs size and weight for when you do leave the house or just to go to bed for the night it can be trained to sleep in the kennel w/the kennel door shut.a dog will not potty w/he/she sleep.

So how is the best way to train the dog.

Bump

well first bro,if he only goes out for walks at night and than sits all day in a room about the same size of a kitchen witch i am thinking the size of averaged kitchen is about the size of cell block C in the county LOL!..anyway thats not healthy for a pet,but potty train can be taught w/a dog kennel by leaving it open for him/she to get used to going in and rest when he/she wants ,and b-4 going to bed have it lock (a dog or pup will not go where he/she sleeps)and than when let out take it for its walks.but keep in mind taking the dog only out at night will not be able to train it properly or even be healthy for any animal.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds to me that they are the one in need for training not the dog. Its is not the dog's fault he pisses in the house if he is only going out twice a day!!! I would tell them to come up with a schedule, and write down when he is walked, and he pisses in the house, etc. Repetition is the key!!! Praise him for peeing outside, and encourage them to take the dog for long walks. Caesar Milan said it best''Exercise,discipline, affection'', in that order!!!!

So when he pisses in the house what should be done.

When he gets walked he always go nuts when he see's other dogs and cats and they use that as an excuse not to walk him much and not for long i would say that he only has about a 30 min walk in the night and thats not every night.

why don't you take responsibility for the dog yourself and make a project out of it!..

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    So when he pisses in the house what should be done.
    As soon as he pisses in the house take him outside immediately. There are others things to look into, as he might be marking his territory, or he could have a urinary infection. Sounds to me though like he just needs to be on a regular walking schedule, and he will be fine. As far as him go crazy around other dogs while on the walk, a sharp correction with the leash is what is needed. A trainer might be in order cause there is a technique to leash corrections. I would get a respectable dog trainer, to help evaluate your dog. Just a tip for you though,,,these dog trainers love to spend hours with you and your dog, and are not cheap!!! I would just say you want a 1 or 2 hour session, and that you will work with the dog after, IMO it is worth the 50-80 bucks to have a pro help you out..Best of luck

Thread Information