partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

Hey Canadians.bye Bye Montreal Expos!!

the only thing the expos were ever good for was phillipe alou finding great talent, letting them play in montreal for a few years, then they all moved on the make real $$$ in other cities in the USA!!MONTREAL EXPOS:THE FARM TEAM FOR THE MAJOR LEAGUES,HAHAHA

IT'S OK BECAUSE MINNESOTA IS GOING BYEBYE TOO!!!THAT TEAM HASN'T BEEN SHIT SINCE KIRBY PUCKETT

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm not upset about the Expos because it's the province of Quebec that's losing a team, not Canada. Don't even get me started with my political views towards that fascist province!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Excess, I have no love for the PQ and seppies either but I love Montreal...beautiful city (besides, that's where Roberta is from). However you will find no sympathy from me for the fickle Montreal fans.
    PBNYC, you're right the Spo's had the best farm system in the majors, it's just too bad they considered the big team part of the farm system. They had a lousy outdated stadium (even worse than Minnesotas) that was built for track and feild and football. Yet every year Phillipe churned out great young talent. It looked like they were the NL team to beat in 94 when they were at 72-40 when the strike happened. Just look at the players who have come from the Montreal system:
    Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Wetland, Carlos Perez, Mel Rojas, Dustin Hermanson, David Segui, Henry Rodriquez, Cliff Floyd, Dilino DeSheilds, Mark Grudzalanek, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou, Larry Walker, Rondell White and two current blue chippers Jose Vidro and Vladamir Guerrero (teams are going to be chomping at the bit to see who gets Vladdy)

oh i know pete you are right on w/ that!!

i don't feel bad for the players and fans as much as i feel bad for the people who work the vendors, stadium crews, people in the expos offices.all those people will lose their jobs.plus the 200+ minor league guys are gonna have to go somewhere.fuck the players making millions.there will be alot of hardworking people out of work.that sucks.

i remember when the NBA season was cut short in the strike and players were bitching!!!i'm like, what about the guy who sells beer at the game who makes shit and supports his family on that and now has to tell his wife and kids daddy lost his job because of the fuckign greedy millionaire players and owners!

Word on that PBNYC. The guys who are already at a major leagure level will be much better off because they will end up in a big market town making those Benjamins...ya heard? But the poor vendors and stadium workers are left with jack!! At least in Minneapolis they still have the Vikings. In Montreal the Allouettes(CFL) don't even play at Olympic Stadium anymore. It's a damn shame.

I hope Vladdy ends up on a contender...he's one of the best young talents in the league.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Too many teams...thinning out talant and brining too many young players up that should not be. IMO it just makes the game less fun to watch. I say cut the whole league down to 4 teams per division.

IMO DB it's not so much that the teams are thinning out it's just that the talent is not spread out. It all ends up in the organization with the most money (Yankees, Indians, Braves, Dodgers....) I guess that's the way it is, was and always will be but I'd love to see 4-6 penant races every year instead of teams clinching their division in mid August.

Pete

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The Dodgers are great at spending money, but not so great at choosing who to give it to.

Yeah Pete I agree about who spends the money but don't you think if their were not so many expansion teams then many of the guys who play now would still be in AAA?

Just a though.

Good point DB...I agree whole heartedly. But again it all comes down to the allmighty dollar. These expansion teams are popping up because investers are infusiong money into stadiums, and the new baseball exclusive stadiums are absolutely breathtaking, but it's getting to cost a fortune to take a family to a game. It seems it's more about business and less about baseball, which I consider to be one of the purest sports out there.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Just send em over to the dbax....

Just playin, ya it does blow all those guy without jobs, but that doesnt make headlines on ESPN...so it's all..."what are those player gonna do?! "
    Well, they're going to be spread out among other teams and go make a killing. That's what.

primodonna is offline Female Member

Pete- you just have to know the right people and you'll never have to pay for it again

(a game that is)
    What happens here, stays here

Pete brother you're right I've seen a few new stadiums and then I've seen some (like Comiskey) which is new but really is not very nice, and then of course there is Wrigley, which is an Icon. Now Turner is talking about a possible new stadium for the Braves. What's the matter with these people. If the owners and investors forget the fans...there will be another hard period like after the strike.

IMO

another strike is gonna hit this spring.MLB may only be being played on your xbox's and playstations this spring!!!

Hey at least it would be interactive.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Don't even get me started with my political views towards that fascist province!
    hmmm.... Being from Quebec, i got one thing to say.

Ah ben Tabarnack! Nous autres des "fascist" j'en revien pas!!

And for the expo issue well.. hmmm.. ill miss the Nordique more then the expo.

you i knwo what you mean,hahaha

the NHL just doesn't seem like the NHL w/o the Nordiques ,hahahaha.just kidding.i personally think they should just take every NHL team and move them all to canada anyway, but there are way too many rednecks in the US who like watching a bunch a white dudes w/ sticks beat the shit out of that black puck.so i guess it's here to stay.

Thread Information