Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    women (and men) that hog machines to do countless sets and reps for like 10 or 15 minutes.

people that don't offer to allow you to use a machine in between their sets, esp when the machine is the only one of its kind in the gym

guys that try to chit chat to me about the news while I'm doing HIIT cardio

trainers that have people doing weird exercises, especially when it takes up alot of room and gets in people's way

people that use the dumbells without stepping away from the dumbell rack so other people can grab other dumbells

and, well, guys that are smaller than me that can lift more than me

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toooosmall View Post
    women (and men) that hog machines to do countless sets and reps for like 10 or 15 minutes.

people that don't offer to allow you to use a machine in between their sets, esp when the machine is the only one of its kind in the gym

guys that try to chit chat to me about the news while I'm doing HIIT cardio

trainers that have people doing weird exercises, especially when it takes up alot of room and gets in people's way

people that use the dumbells without stepping away from the dumbell rack so other people can grab other dumbells

and, well, guys that are smaller than me that can lift more than me
    Dont let that one bother you unless you are going for strong man competition. I have had guys ask me why it is they are using a lot more weight than me but I am 2x their size? I tell them straight up; because I have better form, I dont swing, jerk or throw my weights. I do SLOW focused reps and make every one count and I'm not into injuring myself like they will eventually do and be out of it for 6 months if not forever. I also tell them becaue there is no need to go that heavy if you do it right. It's not about trying to get as big as you can in 3 or 4 months out or the year but it's about consistency 12 months out of the year.

I hate FAT people who will walk to a machine, sit down for 10 minutes and do NOTHING, then move to another machine or bench, still doing NOTHING!!! WTF? Of course you only see them 1 or 2 times then they are gone.

I hate the fat guy I use see in the cardio room who would just sit on a bike the whole time I was in their watching TV and never doing 1 rotation of the pedals. LOL Honestly I saw him like 3x doing nothing for over 30 minutes.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-14-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    how 'bout this one....

guys shooting snot rockets all over the equipment

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    this one guy comes in and does arms everyday it seems.. hes got great arms and nothing else.
    Same thing in the gym I am at the lad is tiny and just does arms nearly every night and pissy benching 1/4 reps and they think they are great.

The Rock! is offline Junior Member
    I hate the old guys that walk around the locker room bare ass naked like nothing is going on. And I'll agree with the cell phones in the gym thing... man that f*cking gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Dont let that one bother you unless you are going for strong man competition. I have had guys ask me why it is they are using a lot more weight than me but I am 2x their size? I tell them straight up; because I have better form, I dont swing, jerk or throw my weights. I do SLOW focused reps and make every one count and I'm not into injuring myself like they will eventually do and be out of it for 6 months if not forever. I also tell them becaue there is no need to go that heavy if you do it right. It's not about trying to get as big as you can in 3 or 4 months out or the year but it's about consistency 12 months out of the year.

I hate FAT people who will walk to a machine, sit down for 10 minutes and do NOTHING, then move to another machine or bench, still doing NOTHING!!! WTF? Of course you only see them 1 or 2 times then they are gone.

I hate the fat guy I use see in the cardio room who would just sit on a bike the whole time I was in their watching TV and never doing 1 rotation of the pedals. LOL Honestly I saw him like 3x doing nothing for over 30 minutes.
    that's awesome to hear, man, because this is what I've been practicing lately too! slow, controlled movement, deep (careful) stretch, perfect form, holding peak contractions for a second, aiming for full range of motion safely. I rarely see this with others in the gym, though I feel it to be most effective for me. So it was good to hear what you said! As for the fat dudes, wow, that's really weird. Our fatties at least try to look like they are trying.

I hate seeing people do cardio and not even sweating or breathing heavier than normal. what a waste of time. and then there's the chatty soccermoms doing "cardio" together.

and, last but NOT least,...I hate the FKN POP MUSIC THEY PLAY in the gym!!!!!! (and my ipod is stolen.)

mike954 is offline Member
    Bump

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I hate metrosexuals doing biceps curls in a squat rack with empty 25lbs bar.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    little fvckin teenies with all the light dbells at their feet

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    People leaving barbells out on the floor and not restacking your plates.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    personal trainers taking up multiple machines n weights while training clients

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i hate everyone, and everything at my gym.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    personal trainers taking up multiple machines n weights while training clients
    this!!! i ran into this problem yesterday!

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    People who get pizzed off at the gym only to come home and bump a 3 and 1/2 year old thread to complain about people at the gym that pizz them off.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    1) Teengers

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    when im practicing my ninja skills and people get in the way of my nun-chucks

xxd1v3r is offline New Member
    I hate it when the same 2 dudes come in everyday an do the same routine and then say i daont know y i cant get any bigger.....lmao

xxd1v3r is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike954 View Post
    old damn dudes in dasiy dukes doing like 10 sets of a 1000 reps with 5 pounds on the peck deck when there is a ton of people waiting wtf!!!!! hate that crap
    or the old dudes on the row machine with NO weights doing 100 reps

bigboy67 is offline Associate Member
    when two people go to the gym together and squat on a machine for like 20 minutes

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    when some one farts and wont man up to claim it

out of shape trainers getting paid to teach stupid exercises

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    So I went to the gym for my monthly workout and was doing my usual chit chat with everyone.

And what do I see... a chick doing squats.... on the squat rack! I was livid!

Everyone knows that squat rack is my bi curl station!

So I went over and started to talk to her . Well she wasnt havin it. Miss rude was too into her gym session.

I then preceeded to stand in between her and the mirror and do my jumping jacks.

Had to stop and adjust my head band a few times. Thing is too tight.

Well she gets all in a huff and goes tells the manager.

I dont take kindly to ppl saying that Im a perv and shouldnt be allowed in the gym.

Everyone else there likes me. They always smile at me with their headphones on while I talk.

But theyre some quiet folk. Guess they dont have much to say.

Anyways... the manager asked me to leave.

So I took my free tootsie roll and left!!!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Not much really bothers me anymore..... stupid people are everywhere. If I can't get on a machine i'll get pissed but thats about it. The proof is in the pudding..... I don't care what exercises people do or how shitty their routines are. I do my own thing and i'm happy with my progress so far so.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    im sick of all these abacrombie and fitch dudes doing there way over-thought workouts thinking that there the shit...they never get any bigger and cant figure out why....i swear knowbody keeps it simple anymore with heavy compound movements to help build a solid base of muscle...its all this unilateral shit whil balancing on a ab ball type of crap...wtf?....

jelly is offline Associate Member
    - Don't like guys walking around with beaters on strutting around like they are the top shit of the gym. These guys who are completely full of themselves (good looking and big muscles OR sometimes not) annoy me. Cocky mofos, I'd knock them out if I got in a fight with them, knowing that is good enough for me to keep my thoughts to myself.

- Don't like this hispanic guy at the gym that is always doing tricep pushdowns on the cables and makes all these tough guy faces and lifts too much weight and with horrible form. Then he seals it off by letting the stack of plates slam down so everyone knows he lifted that shit and then he struts in cicles like a cocky rooster. His arms are about 3-4 times the size of his calves. Freaken dumbass. One good sweep or knee trap and he would be hitting the floor HARD!

- Don't like girls that are between ugly and pretty good looking that make faces at me (the "as if" face) if I happen to look in their direction while I'm working out, when my girlfriend is a stripper and is 20 times hotter than them!!! What? I'm aloud to look around. I don't have to just sit on a machine and not look at people or stare straight ahead all the time you know!

EVERYTHING ELSE mentioned by other people is what makes me WANT to go to the gym. I usually love to chuckle and watch people with horrible form. Or watching the fat guy shadowboxing with 10lb dumbells in his hands (saw that on Monday). You see alot of funny and crazy crap at the gym! Live entertainment.
    Last edited by jelly; 09-30-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    1) Teengers
    they should all be shot at birth.

wait, that doesnt work..............

Blog Entries
    Last edited by dec11; 09-30-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    - Don't like guys walking around with beaters on strutting around like they are the top shit of the gym. These guys who are completely full of themselves (good looking and big muscles OR sometimes not) annoy me. Cocky mofos, I'd knock them out if I got in a fight with them hmmm, kinda ironic?, knowing that is good enough for me to keep my thoughts to myself.

- Don't like this hispanic guy 4th word necessary? at the gym that is always doing tricep pushdowns on the cables and makes all these tough guy faces and lifts too much weight and with horrible form. Then he seals it off by letting the stack of plates slam down so everyone knows he lifted that shit and then he struts in cicles like a cocky rooster. His arms are about 3-4 times the size of his calves. Freaken dumbass. One good sweep or knee trap and he would be hitting the floor HARD!

- Don't like girls that are between ugly and pretty good looking that make faces at me (the "as if" face) if I happen to look in their direction while I'm working out, when my girlfriend is a stripper and is 20 times hotter than them!!! What? I'm aloud to look around. I don't have to just sit on a machine and not look at people or stare straight ahead all the time you know!

EVERYTHING ELSE mentioned by other people is what makes me WANT to go to the gym. I usually love to chuckle and watch people with horrible form. Or watching the fat guy shadowboxing with 10lb dumbells in his hands (saw that on Monday). You see alot of funny and crazy crap at the gym! Live entertainment.
    bolds.

you sound 16

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    pussies that drop the db after a press set.. if you can't control the downward or recovery you are lifting too much and not building strength or muscle..

makes me want to roll a db on their ankle to make the point...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    pussies that drop the db after a press set.. if you can't control the downward or recovery you are lifting too much and not building strength or muscle..

makes me want to roll a db on their ankle to make the point...
    yeah i get you, im in a very small gym atm, really nice friendly attitude in it, theres this one complete plank who screams with every rep and throws dbells all over the bloody place. hes so bad i can hear him whilst listening to slayer etc full boot on my ipod!!
    Last edited by dec11; 09-30-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: dodgy spelling, again!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    when someone picks up the towel and walks away from a still loaded bar.. i'll yell after them..

"Hey, you done with this?? "

must have given it all and too tired to take off the 35 lb weights.. yep.. pisses me off..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

they actually play shit like Beiber and Lady gaga at my gym. wtf. how does that pump anyone up?! I HATE pop.

15 pages of complaints? Damn were a whiny lot are we? lol

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    When someone steals my sweater.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    When people only lift on the concentric phase of every exercise they do

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    when they run out of toilet paper and i have to use some guys sweater

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    when they run out of toilet paper and i have to use some guys sweater
    Lol.

juice box is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Trainers that are small as shit and use the same workout for everyone they train.
    Dudes in the gym that think they are strong because they can bench 315. ( I see it and I think dude everyone can lol....... )
    People who think being on gear is the only reason am big.....

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not one hot girl at the gym I go to.

Fatties or old crones galore.

Thread Information