Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

doxmaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Corporate buyouts...
    For christmas I got the gift of lifetime fitness. My gym was bought out and a team of super douches moved in... the staff looks like a frat party from the jersey shore minus the muscles.. The pt's look like a flock of bronzed110lb greased up, collar poppin pretty boys that have never picked up a weight.. fvckin clowns..
    On top of that my membership price more than doubled!
    There are 4 personal trainers at my gym ones an old guy in his late sixties another some kid I dont even think is 18 and does look like he weighs 100 lbs, one bald guy in his thirties and is in good shape, and another guy who weighs 195 and is 8% bodyfat so at least theres one decent pt who cares about how he looks.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    There are 4 personal trainers at my gym ones an old guy in his late sixties another some kid I dont even think is 18 and does look like he weighs 100 lbs, one bald guy in his thirties and is in good shape, and another guy who weighs 195 and is 8% bodyfat so at least theres one decent pt who cares about how he looks.
    yeh that guy in his sixties..should be ashamed

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    Ipod dying 15 mins into lift.
    ...or getting to the gym and realizing you left your headphones at home. Damnit!

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    ...or getting to the gym and realizing you left your headphones at home. Damnit!
    Oh dear..my headphones, this happens to me daily...

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    yeh that guy in his sixties..should be ashamed
    Im sorry I shouldnt have included the old man he just got tied into the list he actually a pretty nice guy.

Im sorry I shouldnt have included the old man he just got tied into the list he actually a pretty nice guy.
    lol
    when i typed that i wondered if it would be taken out of context...i meant geeeeeeeeez THE GUY IN HIS SIXTIES SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR BEING 60

joking ofcourse but going along with your rant
    lol

lol
    when i typed that i wondered if it would be taken out of context...i meant geeeeeeeeez THE GUY IN HIS SIXTIES SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR BEING 60

joking ofcourse but going along with your rant
    lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    When there is piss all over the bathroom floor.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Ca$tro is offline Member
    People coming standing in front of you when training, the smaller boy who pushes more, the girly tunes playing in the gym, weights left on machines, smelly changing room, machines not working, people hogging machines whilst not using them just sitting there looking at the wall, people lifting 5 kg and screaming the roof off, gym opening late on sat and Sunday, people not willing to spot. Some people don't observe simple gym etiquettes.
    When it comes to showers and changing rooms, I just go home and have a shower now, only live ten mins away from the gym, avoid the dirty smelly cockroach infested changing rooms...
    Today this guy practically trained legs, shoulders, arms, chest, back, abs and thought he was a bad man... I just keep my head down and lift what I can whilst trying to help others and be observant making sure I am not annoying any one. Ohh one more thing, windows and doors closed when it's boiling hot outside...

Charly Rivers is offline Junior Member
    i dont really care if u are skinny old fat or wever but the f gym it s to workout leave your f... cell phone in the f looker room

sorry imma take my cell phone every fn place i go...if my peeps need to get ahold of me or something happens and need to get ahold of me i'm not going to say sorry i was benching wtf i love the gym but its not the end all

more dumbell doucheyness:
    this rat takes 6 or 7 SETS of db's and owns them by his 2 benches that he either uses or has his towel and/or drink on NOT SUPERSETTING with them either resting normally in between sets

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    sorry imma take my cell phone every fn place i go...if my peeps need to get ahold of me or something happens and need to get ahold of me i'm not going to say sorry i was benching wtf i love the gym but its not the end all
    i agree. i dont leave mine either.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Charly Rivers View Post
    i dont really care if u are skinny old fat or wever but the f gym it s to workout leave your f... cell phone in the f looker room
    Ha! I take my phone with me in the gym for two reasons...that is where my music is, and I will answer important calls (wife will only call me at the gym if it is important, so I answer). The difference is I will not inconvenience anyone while I am on the phone. I would never talk on the phone while dominating equipment. I will also walk toward the locker room or cardio area if the phone call is going to take longer than a minute. Oh yeah, and I learned years ago that YOU DON'T NEED TO YELL WHILE ON THE PHONE. Why do people do that?

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    If you keep the call short or walk away that is fine. I keep my phone in the gym because I am on call from work and I also keep my training routines on my phone.
    The people that are on the fvcking phone for the full 30-40 minutes that they are on the treadmill gabbing about whatever crap they need to talk about are the ones that kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    The people that are on the fvcking phone for the full 30-40 minutes that they are on the treadmill gabbing about whatever crap they need to talk about are the ones that kill me.
    ...especially when they sit on a piece of equipment while they talk. I will start with pointing to the equipment with the "can I get in?" look and escalate to asking "can I jump in while you are on the phone?" which will almost always get them to turn over the equipment or get off the phone. I stopped angrily pacing while waiting for them to wrap of their call years ago.

Agree phone use shouldn't interfere with others workouts/gym experience I'm not a talker usually I prefer testing but I have tobtake calls to give quotes for customers that call but that's brief if in gym or anywhere mind you but if u quit forgetting your headphones at home ppl's convos won't bother u cuz youl be jammin to your Neil diamond right

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    When the gym closes at 8 on the weekends. 8?? Are you kidding me?

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    When the gym closes at 8 on the weekends. 8?? Are you kidding me?
    My gym closes at 7PM on Sundays which I hate. There have been many times I feel like going in to do a bit of cardio late Sunday after they close.

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    This isn't in the gym but when skinny shits that have been gyming for a week think their big so they go out in their gym singlets gaaaaaaaah! Does my head in My mate who's pretty big naturally recently told one off at the beach he was walking with a female and he told him he looks like a gay**** and he should take the singlet offncause his nothing but a joke hahaha

dooie is offline Senior Member
    This may be only an Australian problem, but I hate skinny fvcks that watch Zyzz's videos, go to the gym a few times, (talk like him) and all of a sudden think everyone is 'jelly' and 'mirin' their aesthetics! **** I could kill some cvnts

I'm only just noticing how many of these lads there are!

Spears88 is offline New Member
    What grinds my gears haha is the same as all of you

The people hogging sh**

The kids that always ask are you on gear why the fu** dose it matter

People making fun of the fat kids there at the gym for a reason leave them be

The stares

The skinny kids that flex and act buff at the gym but can't even curl 25lbs

The people that won't spot you I know it may look like a lot of weight but I got this if not I just need a lil help. The spot is for my safety

People asking to buy gear who said I was on it leave me alone

Ok I'm done there's still a lot but you know I'm hungry lmao

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spears88 View Post
    What grinds my gears haha is the same as all of you

The people hogging sh**

The kids that always ask are you on gear why the fu** dose it matter

People making fun of the fat kids there at the gym for a reason leave them be

The stares

The skinny kids that flex and act buff at the gym but can't even curl 25lbs

The people that won't spot you I know it may look like a lot of weight but I got this if not I just need a lil help. The spot is for my safety

People asking to buy gear who said I was on it leave me alone

Ok I'm done there's still a lot but you know I'm hungry lmao
    I have to LOL every time I see a post about that. I guess every gym has one. I use to call him jumper. Honestly this tall skinny kid would go from one machine to another, do 3 or 4 reps with BAD form and spend the next 5 minutes going from one mirror to another hopping back and forth flexing his non existent biceps, pulling up his shirt to look at his non existent abs and chest that resembled a 6yr old girl. LOL No joke he would look at himself flexing for several minutes and spend 30 seconds or less on a machine. You would have to see it to believe it. I was trying to figure out for a while if maybe he was SPECIAL or??? No, he was just an idiot...

Iamdetermined is offline Female Member
    Girls who :
    1. Wear their hair down
    2. wear makeup
    3. Come to the gym and think its a social gathering and start talking to me about dumb shit
    4. Seeing people on the treadmill day in day out
    5. who suss me out and try competing with me
    6. Fat girls wearing midriffs
    7. Seeing a sweaty ass
    8. who wear the wrong shoes .. (hitops as a fashion statement)
    9. Girls who hang around the male section and don't do jack shit

moseley2004 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dooie
    This may be only an Australian problem, but I hate skinny fvcks that watch Zyzz's videos, go to the gym a few times, (talk like him) and all of a sudden think everyone is 'jelly' and 'mirin' their aesthetics! **** I could kill some cvnts

I'm only just noticing how many of these lads there are!
    Fkn love it lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have to LOL every time I see a post about that. I guess every gym has one. I use to call him jumper. Honestly this tall skinny kid would go from one machine to another, do 3 or 4 reps with BAD form and spend the next 5 minutes going from one mirror to another hopping back and forth flexing his non existent biceps, pulling up his shirt to look at his non existent abs and chest that resembled a 6yr old girl. LOL No joke he would look at himself flexing for several minutes and spend 30 seconds or less on a machine. You would have to see it to believe it. I was trying to figure out for a while if maybe he was SPECIAL or??? No, he was just an idiot...
    Or maybe he was flexing for five mins hoping they where going to get bigger lmao

Another thing that grinds my gears is the high school kids that way 154 and out bench me <<<joke

Sailor Moon is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdetermined View Post
    Girls who :
    1. Wear their hair down
    2. wear makeup
    3. Come to the gym and think its a social gathering and start talking to me about dumb shit
    7. Seeing a sweaty ass
    Oh my! haha!! I was just about to say all of these!!!!!!!!! cant forget the girls with their boobs pouring out of their tank tops!! and the girls that wear a real bra under a sports bra! wtf!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    Oh my! haha!! I was just about to say all of these!!!!!!!!! cant forget the girls with their boobs pouring out of their tank tops!! and the girls that wear a real bra under a sports bra! wtf!!
    I disagree with you on both of those things! Well, the first one at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spears88 View Post
    Or maybe he was flexing for five mins hoping they where going to get bigger lmao

Another thing that grinds my gears is the high school kids that way 154 and out bench me <<<joke
    my 15 year old brother weighs 156 and benches 225 and almost got 230 yesterday need to step your game up as do I XD

Sailor Moon is offline Female Member
    I disagree with you on both of those things! Well, the first one at least.
    of course you do....... lol

Iamdetermined is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    Hahaha yes ! last night there was a girl who had her face plasted in makeup with those flicks happening on the end of her eyes, she looked like a cat, meow ~

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Girls who :
    1. Wear their hair down
    2. wear makeup
    7. Seeing a sweaty ass
    I don't know what a girl is when I'm working out.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I hate the new year resolution gym-goers.

There was this guy at the gym today dressed in a black sweatsuit and some wannabe gangster looking hat that looked like an early 90's Raiders cap. He had a huge chain like Flava Flav around his neck. This is Orange County...... and you're white. Jesus.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post

There was this guy at the gym today dressed in a black sweatsuit and some wannabe gangster looking hat that looked like an early 90's Raiders cap. He had a huge chain like Flava Flav around his neck. This is Orange County...... and you're white. Jesus.

hahahaha that's funny

tlash88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536

It's so true though, the week after new years the gym memberships roll in and all these people will work out for a month or so then back to the old life style

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Hahaha yes ! last night there was a girl who had her face plasted in makeup with those flicks happening on the end of her eyes, she looked like a cat, meow ~
    sounds hot to me
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tlash88 View Post
    It's so true though, the week after new years the gym memberships roll in and all these people will work out for a month or so then back to the old life style
    While I hate the congestion, I cheer for those people a little bit. A few stick with it and I will occasionally tell them, "hey, you are getting in much better shape" in case their friends and family are being dickish because they are working out.

The past few years I have seen a lot of mother-daughter pairs. That makes me happy, but none of them seem to make it past a few weeks.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by tlash88 View Post
    Without those guys, gyms would probably have a rough time staying afloat. They make January a little irritating, but they'll be gone in a few weeks. And they basically are subsidizing our use of the gym equipment for the rest of the year.

What really pisses me are the ****ers that come up to you and try to start conversation while you're trying to workout.

tlash88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

Without those guys, gyms would probably have a rough time staying afloat. They make January a little irritating, but they'll be gone in a few weeks. And they basically are subsidizing our use of the gym equipment for the rest of the year.

What really pisses me are the ****ers that come up to you and try to start conversation while you're trying to workout.
    Yea I had a lady the other day talk my ear off for almost a hour about her life and the gym, I was like come on lady! I go to the gym to get my workout in, if you want to chat ask me out for coffee or something and waste that time but not my gym time. "Not now chief I'm in the f***ING zone!"

While I hate the congestion, I cheer for those people a little bit. A few stick with it and I will occasionally tell them, "hey, you are getting in much better shape" in case their friends and family are being dickish because they are working out.

The past few years I have seen a lot of mother-daughter pairs. That makes me happy, but none of them seem to make it past a few weeks.
    Some people try like you said and don't last a few weeks I think there problem is there just lazy or they just don't have the right mind set. It always makes me happy seeing new members that stick with it. But it's really stupid when you get a three year membership and work out twice I guess they like paying a "fat tax" but hell I guess if we could all stay huge and fit without working out I think we would.

Thread Information