Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

doxmaster is offline Associate Member
    Speaking of new years people yesterday was great for me I was doing 30lb curls I finished my 2nd set put the weights down by my feet some skinny little B*tch kid walks over doesn't ask if im finished, doesn't check the rack to see the other 4 30's just takes ONE of mine , blindly picks up 25 without even looking at the rack to see what it was walks over to the flat benches stands over the bench wide stance and begins to curl to curl over the damn thing while rocking back and forth like a crazy person because he can't handle the weight . I walk over to tell him thats improper form and asks him if he knows those are 2 uneven weights he get mad tells me he would know if the weights were uneven without even looking and that he doesn't need advice , five minutes goes by another person tells him its uneven he looks doesn't say a word to me walks over outs the 25 back on the rack and takes another 30 . I'd say I kept my cool anyone else got some new years resolution people stories I could use a nice cup of rage for the day XD

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^^^^^ We were all inexperienced and insecure at one point. Having said that, I don't remember being a complete idiot like some of these people!

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdetermined View Post
    Girls who :
    1. Wear their hair down
    2. wear makeup
    3. Come to the gym and think its a social gathering and start talking to me about dumb shit
    4. Seeing people on the treadmill day in day out
    5. who suss me out and try competing with me
    6. Fat girls wearing midriffs
    7. Seeing a sweaty ass
    8. who wear the wrong shoes .. (hitops as a fashion statement)
    9. Girls who hang around the male section and don't do jack shit

Why do some women have their hair down? Don't they sweat? I braid my hair because ponytails give me headaches...Just do SOMETHING with your hair without letting it flop around!

I saw something that pissed me off the other day. A chubbier girl was on the leg extension machine....on her phone! She continued to do the leg extensions with like 10lbs or some crap because it looked like she was just doing the motion without even thinking. Then she stopped and talked on the phone while she sat there! Geez it annoyed me so much that I had to just shake my head.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I didn't have a towel and left a butt sweat spot on the bench.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

I was never insecure inexperianced yes but I had a slightly different start than some people i started as a skinny kid in the school weightroom and then join the football teams off season workouts so i always had a coach to instruct me and the team if i had a problem would always correct me in a proper and respectful manner its were I learned weightroom ettiquette and I'm a nice person especially when I give advice I don't treat people like there idiots even if they are because no one likes to be treated like an idiot when there starting out its discouraging but if there gonna be douchebags and landwhales its on them. These people are complete disrespectful idiots not even trying to better themselves they just want to make it look like they are so all there little friends or fellow pod members can give them a pat on the back and a participation trophy . I realize yeah theres baby steps to diet and excercise, for some people its rough starting out but theres a big difference between starting out and just being inconsiderate and a dick. If you want to better yourself be respectful and more importantly train like it dont pedle a baby bike for 1 minute and complain don't occupy machines and weights if your not going to use them or take advice if your doing an exercise improperly dont chew people out , look at your diet and see maybe I shouldnt eat 2 lbs of bacon and piece of cake for breakfast then go "workout" then for postworkout go to mcdonalds and order 10 burgers off the dollar menu and go around telling people I'm trying to lose wieght or tell people you have greatest diet in the world and eat like a horse when you eat nothing and wonder why you dont grow trust me alot of my family if not 90% of them are fat and filled with excuses show me a person whos willing to put in a good effort to be healthy and I'll sit there and cheer all day .

rant over also sorry Johnny its not directed at you its just pent up rage .

Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    I was never insecure inexperianced yes but I had a slightly different start than some people i started as a skinny kid in the school weightroom and then join the football teams off season workouts so i always had a coach to instruct me and the team if i had a problem would always correct me in a proper and respectful manner its were I learned weightroom ettiquette and I'm a nice person especially when I give advice I don't treat people like there idiots even if they are because no one likes to be treated like an idiot when there starting out its discouraging but if there gonna be douchebags and landwhales its on them. These people are complete disrespectful idiots not even trying to better themselves they just want to make it look like they are so all there little friends or fellow pod members can give them a pat on the back and a participation trophy . I realize yeah theres baby steps to diet and excercise, for some people its rough starting out but theres a big difference between starting out and just being inconsiderate and a dick. If you want to better yourself be respectful and more importantly train like it dont pedle a baby bike for 1 minute and complain don't occupy machines and weights if your not going to use them or take advice if your doing an exercise improperly dont chew people out , look at your diet and see maybe I shouldnt eat 2 lbs of bacon and piece of cake for breakfast then go "workout" then for postworkout go to mcdonalds and order 10 burgers off the dollar menu and go around telling people I'm trying to lose wieght or tell people you have greatest diet in the world and eat like a horse when you eat nothing and wonder why you dont grow trust me alot of my family if not 90% of them are fat and filled with excuses show me a person whos willing to put in a good effort to be healthy and I'll sit there and cheer all day .

rant over also sorry Johnny its not directed at you its just pent up rage .
    Holy crap that's a long sentence!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Holy crap that's a long sentence!!!
    Run-on...
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

One personal trainer at my gym tells people that eating more than 1 banana a month is severly unhealthy and that eating most fruits is unhealthy.this guy is a FVCKING 190 lb 5'6" chubby guy who never lifts weight at all and was eating an entire tray of pork fried rice and other chinese food. Seriously were do they find these people when fat people who have no idea about diet or working out except reading off a sheet of paper are personal trainers things are messed up. I wish I could own a gym I'd put a sign out in big bold neon front no fatties and no pathetic losers. I swear if I could afford more equiptment and had more than an 8'x14' room I would stay home and workout.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    LOL at fat trainers they should be fired immediately when they approach 20% bf or say don't eat banannas lmao

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate people with big upper body's that have never squatted a day in their life and get loud while doing shit form upper body workouts... I hate it when I have to ask the guy at the squat rack if hes done curling! I hate it when people look shocked that I'm squatting.... I hate know it all trainers who dont know shit about bodybuilding and cant get a 40 year old woman in good enough shape to go the club. Half ass wanna be trainers with paper certs that I could wipe my ass with... all of their clients are fat middle aged women who dont seem to make any progress. Mostly their fault partially the clients fault.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    LOL at fat trainers they should be fired immediately when they approach 20% bf or say don't eat banannas lmao
    Ive never understood those.. I guess the ones over 50 you could give a pass on the basis they probably aren't trying to look good to get laid anymore.

My gym peeve is this young guy who comes in and loads 4 plates on each side. The whole gym kind of stops to see what he's going to do. So he squats about 3 inches a few times and racks the weight. Its kind of like watching a beautiful woman take her clothes off and shes got a dik.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Ive never understood those.. I guess the ones over 50 you could give a pass on the basis they probably aren't trying to look good to get laid anymore.

My gym peeve is this young guy who comes in and loads 4 plates on each side. The whole gym kind of stops to see what he's going to do. So he squats about 3 inches a few times and racks the weight. Its kind of like watching a beautiful woman take her clothes off and shes got a dik.
    lmao talk about going from a lover to a fighter in a second

Blog Entries

....hot.

I will say this shit again... 99.9% of people will fall into the too big a ***** to ever really work legs category... These guys just fall into the sub category of Im a big ***** but I wanna brag about some bullshit...

The trainers 26 so theres no pass I know guys in theres 60s that arent on trt and they look better than most people . Also I agree with that barely bending the knees bullshit I have a torn meniscus in my knee and I still suqat ass to heels and all I get is "well thats bad for your back" or "your gonna blow out your knees" or you shouldnt be squatting blah blah blah. How about thos guys who load 1000-2000 lbs and barely bend there knees meanwhile I bury it deep with 400-500 and get looked at like im weak yeah pal keep telling yourselves that your strong .

rant over

The trainers 26 so theres no pass I know guys in theres 60s that arent on trt and they look better than most people . Also I agree with that barely bending the knees bullshit I have a torn meniscus in my knee and I still suqat ass to heels and all I get is "well thats bad for your back" or "your gonna blow out your knees" or you shouldnt be squatting blah blah blah. How about thos guys who load 1000-2000 lbs and barely bend there knees meanwhile I bury it deep with 400-500 and get looked at like im weak yeah pal keep telling yourselves that your strong .

rant over
    i'd like to be that weak

only been back working out for 14 weeks after being out for 2 years injured man so im not that bad

only been back working out for 14 weeks after being out for 2 years injured man so im not that bad
    just please dont dont do your stretching or pop your pimples at the db rack

just please dont dont do your stretching or pop your pimples at the db rack
    Im not very good judge of sarcasm but I do none of those things sir I'm there to get my workout in and go home.

AllAmerican-PCS is offline Junior Member
    -people who don't squat and blame it on knee problems or back problems
    -people who bench more than they squat
    -people who don't squat at all
    -people who squat with a smith machine
    -people who don't squat properly (DEPTH BITCHS!!!!)
    -HOLIDAY MUSIC (WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    -Grunting loud as **** when your not lifting shit
    -NOT PUTTING YOUR FUC*ING WEIGHTS BACK YOU LAZY B*TCH!!!! (this is the biggest for me)
    -I could go on!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican-PCS View Post
    You obviously don't have serious injuries. I was out of the gym for six years with a spinal injury and got back to the gym January of last year. In probably October, I tried squats for the first time (on the Smith machine, and lighter than my bench) and my fingers felt like needles were being pushed into them after every set. My hands were numb for a couple of days after. I will try again in six months...so I currently don't squat at all, and when I do it will be on the Smith machine at less than my bench. They will probably be one legged squats so I only have to deal with half as much weight compressing my spine, but promise to go deep, just for you.

You sound like you are in your 20s, and I envy that.

Blog Entries
    I have learned there are movements that some people just aren't built to do. Even Jay Cutler said he can't do BB squats. I myself cannot do BB flat bench press.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    -NOT PUTTING YOUR FUC*ING WEIGHTS BACK YOU LAZY B*TCH!!!! (this is the biggest for me)
    -I could go on!!!!!
    Having had both knee and back injuries i can tell you squatting is not the best feeling. I personally have recovered enough to feel safe doing it again but many people still deal with issues and i see no problem not squatting when this happens.

I personally cannot BB Incline Bench due to shoulder issues. I can use dumbells and I can BB flat bench but when it comes to incline i cant handle it. But its something that doesnt bother me because i have a well defined chest and can bench over 425 pounds so i will stay away from it

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Having had both knee and back injuries i can tell you squatting is not the best feeling. I personally have recovered enough to feel safe doing it again but many people still deal with issues and i see no problem not squatting when this happens.

I personally cannot BB Incline Bench due to shoulder issues. I can use dumbells and I can BB flat bench but when it comes to incline i cant handle it. But its something that doesnt bother me because i have a well defined chest and can bench over 425 pounds so i will stay away from it
    i dont see how anyone does this without a spotter anyway....seems like the rack is way behind where the lift begins...doesnt make sense...i use only db's for incline work

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    -I could go on!!!!!
    People who worry more about what others are doing instead of worrying about themselves.

pikenat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer
    I hate people with big upper body's that have never squatted a day in their life and get loud while doing shit form upper body workouts... I hate it when I have to ask the guy at the squat rack if hes done curling! I hate it when people look shocked that I'm squatting.... I hate know it all trainers who dont know shit about bodybuilding and cant get a 40 year old woman in good enough shape to go the club. Half ass wanna be trainers with paper certs that I could wipe my ass with... all of their clients are fat middle aged women who dont seem to make any progress. Mostly their fault partially the clients fault.
    I second this (haven't had time to read the whole thread yet). One problem with trainers at my gym (not all trainers out there some are incredible) is they are afraid to push people past their comfort zone as they actually might get sore and the weak minded wouldn't return. All they care about is the $, I don't blame them. Another add on is no one does dead lifts at my gym, you should see the looks you get when you do them.

How the f--k do people not squat or dead lift, and they wonder why they can't weigh over 170lbs.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Lately, I've been really getting angry by those people who are in the gym that stare at you lifting. I really don't care if they want to waste their time, that's their business. But it's like if you want to watch me workout, start paying some of my membership fees.

Quote Originally Posted by pikenat View Post
    I second this (haven't had time to read the whole thread yet). One problem with trainers at my gym (not all trainers out there some are incredible) is they are afraid to push people past their comfort zone as they actually might get sore and the weak minded wouldn't return. All they care about is the $, I don't blame them. Another add on is no one does dead lifts at my gym, you should see the looks you get when you do them.

How the f--k do people not squat or dead lift, and they wonder why they can't weigh over 170lbs.

They look at you like you have three ****in heads when you drop a bar to the floor

manmanman is offline Associate Member
    I agree. People watching annoys me.

So do people who look at what I'm
    Lifting then go 1 up and attempt a set like they have never heard of form. Then proceed to look at me like I'm
    Going to be impressed

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Lately, I've been really getting angry by those people who are in the gym that stare at you lifting. I really don't care if they want to waste their time, that's their business. But it's like if you want to watch me workout, start paying some of my membership fees.
    Awesome. Im gunna use that one!

-I could go on!!!!!

I'm probably guilty of this....Compared to the guys I obviously don't lift much, but I do make noises when lifting...It's unconsciously though...I sure hope it doesn't bother anyone...I'm not like weirdly loud. I just can't help it. It helps me lifts better.

oohrahbrent is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    I hate the fat out of shape asses giving advice losing weight. Like they are superior to all things in the gym. Here is advice for you fat asses that fall in that catagory. The first thing you need to do is learn to push the plate away! Then after a work out don't go to your local bar and grill and order the first page of the menu.

oohrahbrent is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    I hate when people don't wipe off the equipment when they are done with it
    Also people who walk around in the shower room barefoot

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    Awesome. Im gunna use that one!
    Seriously, if they're going to turn going to the gym in to a spectator sport, I want to get paid.

bubsy is offline Junior Member
    To many women at my gym and its getting to me..
    wanna move to muscle works!

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    People standing around a piece of equipment talking

Quote Originally Posted by oohrahbrent View Post
    I hate the fat out of shape asses giving advice losing weight. Like they are superior to all things in the gym. Here is advice for you fat asses that fall in that catagory. The first thing you need to do is learn to push the plate away! Then after a work out don't go to your local bar and grill and order the first page of the menu.
    They know so much about losing weight because they have read countless diet books...but lack the willpower to do what they say. Bwhaahaaaa.

i dont see how anyone does this without a spotter anyway....seems like the rack is way behind where the lift begins...doesnt make sense...i use only db's for incline work
    I work out alone and do them on the Smith machine so I don't kill myself.

Razor is offline Banned
    I hate seeing people doing barbell curls the wrong way, Idiots.
    People on the cell phone
    People lifting to heavy of a weight and then doing the wrong form so they can somewhat do it.
    Last edited by Razor; 02-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    I hate seeing people ding barbell curls the wrong way, Idiots.
    People on the cell phone
    People lifting to heavy of a weight and then doing the wrong form so they can somewhat do it.
    Eh, I don't care about how other people train as long as they're not interfering with my workout. The cellphone thing does irritate me though.

Thread Information