Gears is offline Member

Steroids and Sports

Hey guys,

I wanted to know what all of you think about steroids and sports, and the fact that most call it cheating.

I can`t believe people call it unfair when you have others that were born as genetic duds, and others turn out to be 7ft tall and dominate in basketball because of it (not fair eh)? Like the doc A-rob quoted, you`d pretty much have to ban all advantages (e.g. better training coaches, equipment ect).

Thoughts?

Manorexic is offline Associate Member
    i think it keeps sports interesting.... a great ball player is a great ball player... steroids dont give you talent... talent is something youre born with.

Gears is offline Member
    I agree, I want to see some good ole "Do what it takes to win" action. Enough of these handycaps that dull the sport.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Yea that was a really good Injected video [ the one you are reffering to were A-rob quoted Dr Fost ] .. Apr 24 2008 - Don't Take My Word For It

www.steroid.com

Merc.

Manorexic is offline Associate Member
    exactly

Atomini is offline Banned
    When it comes to sports, there's not even such thing as cheating anymore. The notion of 'cheating' dissapeared at least half a century ago.

How in the world is using anabolic steroids cheating when athletes do the following?

- Train with better coaches than their opponent athletes/teams
    - Have access to better and better exercise equipment than they had 50 years ago or better than an opponent athlete/team
    - Utilize ergonomically improved suits, equipment, tools, etc. (such as bats, sticks, and so on and so forth)

Why can athletes enhance the equipment and tools they play with yet they can't enhance their own bodies? The same people who today are saying "BAAAH SPORTS IS BORING TODAY! THOSE ATHLETES NEED TO BREAK MORE WORLD RECORDS AND ACHIEVE MORE SUPERHUMAN FEATS!" are the same people who go around all anti-steroid saying that performance enhancing drugs is cheating and they don't want it in sports. Well, the human body with it's own hormonal limits can only achieve so much. If you want those superhuman feats and record breakings, your athletes are going to have to use performance enhancing drugs.

I think performance enhancing drugs are an evolutionary part of sports, and sooner or later people will have to accept that they are a part of sports and that it's the future.

Once gene doping is widespread, THEN people will be crying for athletes to use anabolic steroids again, you just wait.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    ok you guys only look at the bitch sports. sterois give you a great advantage in sports. you can run longer, be stronger, be heavier. so your ganna tell me that 2 line men the same skill, 1 takes steroids and the other doesnt. whos ganna be better. obviously the 1 that does because heel be heavier and stronger. do you ever here about steroiids in basketball? no because its not nesssicary unless you a cnter like yuo ming who needs to gain another 50 pounds. shot put your obviously ganna throw farther if you no the technique and you use steroids . you guys are looking at it all wrong. like the guy who says everybody is not natrual.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    ok you guys only look at the bitch sports. sterois give you a great advantage in sports. you can run longer, be stronger, be heavier. so your ganna tell me that 2 line men the same skill, 1 takes steroids and the other doesnt. whos ganna be better. obviously the 1 that does because heel be heavier and stronger. do you ever here about steroiids in basketball? no because its not nesssicary unless you a cnter like yuo ming who needs to gain another 50 pounds. shot put your obviously ganna throw farther if you no the technique and you use steroids. you guys are looking at it all wrong. like the guy who says everybody is not natrual.
    AAS could definitely help in basketball when it comes to the endurance-enhancing effects of AAS. Why do you think Lance Armstrong used testosterone ? By the same logic you used, one could say AAS is useless in the Tour De France... but you're wrong.

In any case, whether it's cheating or not, people are going to have to accept they're an evolutionary part of sports and athletics.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    exacly. its crazy. my cousin and i are really close hes young but we still talk about stuff. hes very mature. and he tells me how kids on the football team are already using steroids . he can match them but hes not better. the next season it will be the same way. so ppl that have more talent dont get to play because they no steroids at a young age are bad

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Let's have some fun! All sports should be like bodybuilding and embrace excess. Let them all shoot up and let's test the limits of the human body.

Thread Information