Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

300 Pound Inmate Sues Over Weight Loss

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=4738491

An inmate awaiting trial on a murder charge is suing the county, complaining he has lost more than 100 pounds because of the jailhouse menu. Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," Laswell wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."

But Laswell then goes on to complain that he undertakes little vigorous activity.

"If we are in a small pod all day (and) do next to nothing for physical exercise, we should not lose weight," the suit says. "The only reason we lost weight in here is because we are literally being starved to death."

The suit also asks that the county be ordered to serve hot meals. The jail has served only cold food for years.

The meals, provided through Aramark Correctional Institution Services, average 3,000 calories a day, jail Capt. Hunter Petray told The Morning News of northwest Arkansas for a story Saturday.

A typical Western diet consists of 2,000 to 3,000 calories a day.

Laswell's suit was filed without a lawyer in U.S. District Court in Fayetteville.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    give that fat ****er the letheal injection and put the tax payers money to good use
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

They should fatten up all criminals. That way when they get out of jail and commit another crime they can't run away.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I'm with Stocky on this one.... Inject his ass or make him ride the lightning!!!!

You Carlos, hows NYC bro? From Poughkeepsie originally!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    I'm with Stocky on this one.... Inject his ass or make him ride the lightning!!!!

You Carlos, hows NYC bro? From Poughkeepsie originally!!
    Things are well here. Starting to warm up.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Typically I'd be with the rest of you on this but my concern is he has not been convicted of anything yet and till then punishing him by depriving him of food seems unnecessary, if convicted then tough sheezt! I have a hard time being on his side since I dislike obesity I just question the governments rule in forcing non convicted people to a limited calorie cold food diet.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    they should send his ass to Africa and have him get eaten by starving ppl, fat fvck.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I don't doubt that a 400 pound man can't mantain his size on 3000 calories a day. They did him a favor though, so no lawsuit. Fat boy needed a diet, and if he can't afford to bail himself out, oh well. When they throw you in jail on high bail or remand, they usually have the right guy. The system of throwing you in jail to keep you where they want you until trial, is not on trial here, not saying it's right. Bottom line is prisioners awaiting trial are the same to prision staff as those found guilty, no extra plates of food for fatties imo.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    Typically I'd be with the rest of you on this but my concern is he has not been convicted of anything yet and till then punishing him by depriving him of food seems unnecessary, if convicted then tough sheezt! I have a hard time being on his side since I dislike obesity I just question the governments rule in forcing non convicted people to a limited calorie cold food diet.
    I wouldnt call 3000k depriving him of food. Should jsut feed them like an all you can eat buffet?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I wouldnt call 3000k depriving him of food. Should jsut feed them like an all you can eat buffet?
    I am not trying to go to bat for the guy and I can ensure you I dislike fat people. No, an all you can eat buffet is not the answer. History has shown numerous times, the legal system has arrested the wrong person and he should not be convicted before recieving a fair trial. I understand the no bail/high bail in capital cases but I also understand not every single man has the same calorie intake. 3000kcal to one maybe a feast while to another it's famine. We have all undergone diets and know that it can affect you, to this lard arse it probable is almost debilitating, how can someone going through that effectively assist in his defense? It will certianly have an impact. If he is a murderer he will suffer but are we convicting him of that crime or are we convicting him of being fat?

FYI, most prison(I thought all did) allow for extra calorie diets with permission from the prison doctor, they are the ones let into the cafateria first and last to leave which takes away their rec yard time but they get extra helpings of food.

thats just great gixxerboy, you made me sound like the bleeding heart liberal and you sound like the die hard conservative! How did that happen? p.s. where have you been?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    thats just great gixxerboy, you made me sound like the bleeding heart liberal and you sound like the die hard conservative! How did that happen? p.s. where have you been?
    I didnt want to give you the chance to redeem yourself so im keeping quiet

kfrost you bleading heart liberal, "oh, poor fat man, deprived of enough food to maintain his beautiful big body just the way he likes it."

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    LIBERAL!!!!!!!!!!!

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Haha, ironically enough preserving personal liberties is a conservative trait. So don't worry.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Haha, ironically enough preserving personal liberties is a conservative trait. So don't worry.
    Economic liberties perhaps, but personal liberties. How do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker View Post
    Um...that's a trait of all true conservatives.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    haha holy crap.. i live in benton county. i never even heard this story..

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Um...that's a trait of all true conservatives.
    I was equating your use of the word conservative with encompassing the modern division of politics.

I was equating your use of the word conservative with encompassing the modern division of politics.
    I know what you were you doing. I just pisses me off that the people who claim to be conservatives today are so far from the true definition of conservative that's it's almost scary.

this just makes me ashamed to be from northwest arkansas. haha.

Means gvmt out of my life and in my wallet as little as needed. Security of the nation and economy should be their main concerns.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by Odpierdol_sie!; 11-20-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odpierdol_sie! View Post
    In a way he does have a valid argument like an alcoholic would do too. They give smack heads drugs to ween them off it but what bout Freddie fatty fat fvck and alchie al the alcoholic? They dont get shit.....

All in all guys this thread is one of the best ive read on this site! its too funny!
    Due to sheer comedy I think I'll move it to the lounge.

The dude's picture is worth 1,000 words, looks like his face is attached to the side of his neck.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Carlos... Going to N.Y. this weekend. My friend is a personal trainer in NYC so the next time I go down we gotta hang

bigt10 is offline Member
    This is stupid, just someone trying to make money off nothing.

thats like a fat guy going in and complaining he gained fat cause the food wasn't healthy. stupid.

It seems stupid, lol the guy wants to be 400 + pounds.

His pic says it all.

LOL they need a new hungry man commercial, big bad criminals stay full on hungry man. then have him there in a jail cell eating hungry or man or like that miracle whip commericial in jail.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    is it ignorant to say 'what a fat c*nt' and he deserves what he gets!?

He ain't staying at the hilton for christs sake, he has committed a crime so needs punishment.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    is it ignorant to say 'what a fat c*nt' and he deserves what he gets!?

He ain't staying at the hilton for christs sake, he has committed a crime so needs punishment.

Well the point of argument that I can understand is that he's only been accused of the crime. He has not yet been convicted and proven guilty.
    It technically could be cruel to deprive him of food if he truly were innocent.

Most of us turn to the dark side to get big, right? What if this guy truly was happy at 400+ pounds? Wouldn't it piss you guys off too if you were thrown in a cell and deprived of food forcing you to lose weight and be unhappy?

I can also understand the opposing point too, however. From a person that likes to work out and be physically fit point of view, this man was a disgusting blob and needed to lose weight.

Just my two cents.

jada64 is offline Senior Member
    you cant really argue he was deprived of food, a 3000 cal diet isnt some weird lean amount, it is your slandered diet.

hell he should be thanking them for his weight loss.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jada64 View Post
    you cant really argue he was deprived of food, a 3000 cal diet isnt some weird lean amount, it is your slandered diet.

3000 calories a day is not standard for someone that is 400+ pounds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaulz View Post
    3000 calories a day is not standard for someone that is 400+ pounds though.
    It is still a standard healthy amount of cals. Just goes to show you that anything can be used to sue over now days. I am gonna go get fat then get locked up, lose weight and sue because of it. Not like i like to work anyway, haha.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Thanks, my eyes are bleeding now.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Only in America! This country makes me want to ****ing puke more each day. The mere mention of such a lawsuit should be laughed at at not even filed.

Let that fat **** go to prison in a country that actually treats prisoners like prisoners, lets say Russia for example. He would have lost 200lbs in a Russian prison if not commited suicide for the conditions they have in their prisons.
    ***No source checks!!!***

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Only in America! This country makes me want to ****ing puke more each day. The mere mention of such a lawsuit should be laughed at at not even filed.

Let that fat **** go to prison in a country that actually treats prisoners like prisoners, lets say Russia for example. He would have lost 200lbs in a Russian prison if not commited suicide for the conditions they have in their prisons.
    so true...

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    hell he should be thanking them for his weight loss.
    exactly. at 400 pounds he would most likely have a heart attack while being sentenced if hes found guilty.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=4738491

An inmate awaiting trial on a murder charge is suing the county, complaining he has lost more than 100 pounds because of the jailhouse menu. Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," Laswell wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."

But Laswell then goes on to complain that he undertakes little vigorous activity.

"If we are in a small pod all day (and) do next to nothing for physical exercise, we should not lose weight," the suit says. "The only reason we lost weight in here is because we are literally being starved to death."

The suit also asks that the county be ordered to serve hot meals. The jail has served only cold food for years.

The meals, provided through Aramark Correctional Institution Services, average 3,000 calories a day, jail Capt. Hunter Petray told The Morning News of northwest Arkansas for a story Saturday.

A typical Western diet consists of 2,000 to 3,000 calories a day.

Laswell's suit was filed without a lawyer in U.S. District Court in Fayetteville.
    All he is going to get is laughed at.

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    Stick him in a great big frying pan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information