Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kfrost06 is offline Banned

economic stimulus, $600 is on it's way!!!

We should start recieving our $600 economic stimulus deposits next week. Let's here what you're going to do with yours?

Sorry, this is for us "I hate taxes" USA citizens only.

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    Buy gold coins. **** the dollar.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    im gonna buy gear with that money

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    We should start recieving our $600 economic stimulus deposits next week. Let's here what you're going to do with yours?

Damn, we're still the most taxed citizens (Italians) in the world and never had any of these stimulus.
    WTF?!?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    ummm... some are receiving it TODAY...

check irs schedule

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    paying off my credit card....

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    where the hell is my free money

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    its actually our own money we're getting back......the government just wants us to respend it somewhere else.....

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1 View Post
    its actually our own money we're getting back......the government just wants us to respend it somewhere else.....
    either way, i want a refund

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Stimulus is the last thing this should be called. All this does is make you temporarily happy about getting some money but meanwhile it drives the dollar down even more making our money worth less and less...

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I have a real estate business that lost money last year. And I deducted 25 grand off my income just in milage alone.

I deducted so much off my taxes, I only made like 6 grand last year on paper. I paid 503 dollars in tax, so with the rebate, I make a profit this year lol.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Got raped on my state taxes though, they don't let you deduct all that crap.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member

Buy gear from overseas! Thanks US government!

To bad I won't get mine for a few more weeks because of my ss#.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk3624 View Post
    Buy gold coins. **** the dollar.
    I wish I had done that a loong time ago.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    Stimulus is the last thing this should be called. All this does is make you temporarily happy about getting some money but meanwhile it drives the dollar down even more making our money worth less and less...
    Yup. It's just a temporary solution. Infact I wouldn't even call it a solution... more like a temporary wool over people's eyes.

^^seems more like buying votes to me.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I could use a little wool today.

jaydub is offline Senior Member
    i'm gonna buy one tank of gas... if that $600 will cover it.... right back into the pocket of our government leaders... f*cking bastards

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I could use a little wool today.
    +1, anyone that doesn't want theirs, send it my way!

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    going in savings so when they indian give and take it back i still got it

^^you're probably better off spending it than losing it to inflation.

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    I wish I had done that a loong time ago.
    Buying anywhere between 750 and 850 is probably good entry point. Within a year from today, will most likely be over 1500 imo.

Zipper is offline Associate Member
    Gonna use it to pay for the gear i just ordered!

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I may buy some gold panning stuff.. or some more scuba equipment and do some diving at old wreckage sites. FIND my gold

bigt10 is offline Member
    i cant believe people think think this a good thing.

wealth doesn't come from a printing press. it just makes crap worse in the long run.

there is no such thing as free money. where do you guys think this is coming from. they just print more paper. so stupid.

and the dollar loses value again. I wish they would make a bill to make the dollar compete against gold and silver. good by run away inflation, good bye the government wasting money. When you print it doesn't matter. You cant counter fit gold though. I hate how people think crap like this is the solution, it ignores the major problem in the first place.

and why the fed is just allowed to do this out of thin air is beyond me. What the dollar is worth 4 cents now to what those clowns started with in 1913 and it just keeps goin lower.

This constant bubles and inflation/deflation is why we have problems like today. When you trade gold coins or have money based on gold this isnt an issue in the first place. And its always the people on fixed incomes, poor and middle class that get robbed. This kind of shit just contributes to inflation and depressing the value of the dollar while the few elite at the top benefit. Im no economist but common sense please. And im not even going to say his name the only one that realizes it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    and why the fed is just allowed to do this out of thin air is beyond me.
    The fed is not allowed to do this, it was voted on in congress and sent to the senate in a bipartisan collabration and signed by the President. The money isn't being printed to come up with the refunds, it's a rebate to the tax payer because both parties fill the original owner of the money, the tax payer can spend it and stimulate the economy as opposed to the governments wasteful spending on worthless programs.

Are you arguing in favor of a gold standard? Gold too fluctuates in value in fact it's more then tripled in the past few years, deflation is worse then inflation, in fact deflation is so bad the last time it happened it was called the depression because everyone except the super wealthy were depressed.

bigt10 is offline Member
    well i am trying to say common sense what does printing money do for everyone.

having currencies compete against each other would solve alot of problems.

it doesnt help just to make more.

im not sure how you can really make more Gold or "counterfit/print it"

i think the whole thing is stupid why we are here in the first place. the same people who put us here are now trying to save it by putting out more money. and its the inflation that is the worst.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    buy corn mill to feed my baby chicks..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    HAHAHA 600 bucks that it....in Alberta Canada we get gas and electric rebate checks twice a year and they total around 1500...but good for you little fella's....hopefully it will help the US get out the ressesion/depression....

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Woooot PS3 and 5 Blue Ray dvd's! thank you very much China!

oh and did i mention that starting in 2009 there will be no charge for full health care in the province....0$ fro health insurance....nice

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    oh and did i mention that starting in 2009 there will be no charge for full health care in the province....0$ fro health insurance....nice
    Pssst, Disney is considering buying Canada did you hear that?

crappy laptop time..

bigt10 is offline Member
    HAHAHA 600 bucks that it....in Alberta Canada we get gas and electric rebate checks twice a year and they total around 1500...but good for you little fella's....hopefully it will help the US get out the ressesion/depression....
    nice to hear. in alberta their PROSPERITY is soaring. i saw an article today the income of the middle class grew 10 %. this isnt fiat money, its based on the actual prosperity of the province and how well they are doing.

hey Webb you close to calgary or edmonton. i heard the weather isnt bad in calgary.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1 View Post
    paying off my credit card....
    exactly what i am doing... itll end up saving me a lot more than 600 considering my interest is high as snoop dog.

i was in Calgary actually but i moved to north easten BC to work and its gonna be crazy...they have found the largest deposit of natural gas on earth up here....its a license to print money...hahaha

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    God bless America! Damn it Australia we do everything else America does!

The fed is not allowed to do this, it was voted on in congress and sent to the senate in a bipartisan collabration and signed by the President. The money isn't being printed to come up with the refunds, it's a rebate to the tax payer because both parties fill the original owner of the money, the tax payer can spend it and stimulate the economy as opposed to the governments wasteful spending on worthless programs.
    The money is not a rebate from your taxes and the goverment hasn't done any cutting of federal spending, which only serves to compound the problem. Your rebate check is debt-financed, probably borrowed from the Chinese, and it just adds to the national deficit.

Rebates are great, but they're essentially pointless unless spending cuts are also made. Not to mention, the stimulus checks are really only beneficial if the money is spent on US produced goods and services. We all know, as evidenced by this thread, that most people will either buy foreign goods (including gear), pay off some debt, or save it. After all is said and done maybe a fraction of that money will go back into our economy to help stimulate it, but the effects wouldn't even be seen until months after the recession has ended. Sounds more like a recipe for increased inflation because there won't be a significant increase in the amount of goods produced, yet they'll be more dollars floating around to spend.

Are you arguing in favor of a gold standard? Gold too fluctuates in value in fact it's more then tripled in the past few years, deflation is worse then inflation, in fact deflation is so bad the last time it happened it was called the depression because everyone except the super wealthy were depressed.
    It's not just the price of gold that's gone up, it's that value of the dollar that's gone down. In fact, the devaluation of the dollar is where most of the value of gold has come from. Gold does fluctuate, but not as drastically as or as unpredictably as fiat money.

Both inflation and deflation are poor monetary policies. Currently we're contending with high inflation rates. However, deflation with gold is historically benign whereas deflation with fiat currency has been drastic (ie the depression). So while the gold standard does have it's limitations, it's far more stable than our fiat system and competing currencies would prove that. Ironically, even Alan Greenspan was/is an advocate of the gold standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Currently we're contending with high inflation rates.
    You must be very very young if you think we are contending with high inflation rates, take a look at real inflation in the mid 70s to early 80s, know what the mortgage rate was for a house? 18-20%!! Now it's under 6% even 5%. We are at a "healthy inflation" around 3% as opposed to 12-15% in the Juimmy Carter years.

nothings free, you are still paying for it and if your working you are paying for yours and all the lazy bums that don't want to work but I am sure they are very happy for your labor. Me, I prefer to pay my $20 every other week and actually get to see a doctor when I am sick as opposed to the 17 week waiting peroid that Canada has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information