Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Evil christians (Religious/gay discussion)

This is what i don't understand. Ok listen, i understand that you bible thumpers don't like gay people right ? Then why when the city is having a peaceful gay rights day where people from all around come (with their children) these bashers decided to come and tell everyone they are going to hell ? What kind of message does that send to others about their own religion ? Sounds like a cult, like its my way or the highway type deal.

Do you see me going to churches and yelling on a mega-phone that i think they are wrong ?

Here are a couple of quick pics i got with my phone.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    as much as i wanna get into this its just gonna get locked man, cause it wont stay civil.... but i agree these nuts are of the mentalitty that its there way or the highway...

Blog Entries
    I mean this is how i see it. I don't like church so guess what ? I DON'T GO !
    I don't try and get people to join my "side."

you tried to recruit me the other night....

ya i agree 110% but not everyone is as enlightened as you and i...

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I've never been to a straight rights day to see if the gays show up with signs of protest so I don't know if what they're doing is right or wrong? Oh, wait. Straight people don't celebrate and promote their sexuality by having large pointless parades. I'm not homophobe or anything I just never understood the point of the thousands of parades gays put on.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't understand it either...bible is very clear even if you do think that it is a sin... TURN THE OTHER CHEEK. I also don't see a point in celebrating your sexual preference but i suppose if I had to act like some one else all my life...i might just want to flaunt it a little when I am finally able to be honest with everyone.

Either way... what good does all that business do? I mean if they want to help the "sinners" then why don't they be civil and try it as a friend? Makes no sense to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    I've never been to a straight rights day to see if the gays show up with signs of protest so I don't know if what they're doing is right or wrong? Oh, wait. Straight people don't celebrate and promote their sexuality by having large pointless parades. I'm not homophobe or anything I just never understood the point of the thousands of parades gays put on.
    So then do you disagree with black history month ?

Its a day where a group of people who are discriminated against daily get the chance to speak their minds, publicly enjoy their partners company and be happy. Who is that hurting ?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    as much as i wanna get into this its just gonna get locked man, cause it wont stay civil.... but i agree these nuts are of the mentalitty that its there way or the highway...
    agreed.....the religious crazies are just that.....CRAZY

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Do you see me going to churches and yelling on a mega-phone that i think they are wrong ?
    Well if you decide to, I'll come watch.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    They preach old testament to others and believe the new testament is their own salvation. One speaks of a wrathful God and another one of pure salvation. i am a Christian, but it is hard to say I believe in all practices my church addresses. I use birth control methods, and I respect gays for example. I just don't know where these people think they have the right to play God, that is no where in the religion. Their passage is supposed to be to purely educate. It would be different to say, "here is what I believe God's word is". But they choose to react negatively and persecute.

Blog Entries
    So then do you disagree with black history month ?

Its a day where a group of people who are discriminated against daily get the chance to speak their minds, publicly enjoy their partners company and be happy. Who is that hurting ?
    I don't know how I feel about black history month just like I don't know how I feel about gay rights parades. I don't get either. If you're trying to get "rights" and be treated equally you must act as an equal yourself and not promote your sexual preference. I don't mean to offend you by any means, I just don't get it. Even one of my co-workers who is gay laughs at these things because they don't do anything productive in getting "rights". He also said many gays treat these events as a dating tool to meet others which totally negates the purpose of said gay rights event in the first place.

B-STRONG is offline Junior Member
    Everybody has a right to voice their opinions and promote what they believe in...that's one of the reasons you don't get banned from this site for continually making homosexual comments and jokes to other members. The free speech enjoyed by one is enjoyed by all, regardless of location. If you can parade down Mainstreet, why can't they do the same promoting their beliefs? BTW not really religious at all, just seems to be a bit of a double standard, not tryin to hate on you DSM

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I'm sorry but LMAO @ gay people parading that they are gay. Makes no sense at all, who gives a ****?

What's next, a straight rally?

I would post more but I gotta make some calls and return emails because I am organising a straight rally, we feel its important people understand our sexual preference.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    I'm sorry but LMAO @ gay people parading that they are gay. Makes no sense at all, who gives a ****?

What's next, a straight rally?

I would post more but I gotta make some calls and return emails because I am organising a straight rally, we feel its important people understand our sexual preference.

Sign me up. If you need any help making posters/signs/banners that proclaim how straight we are let me know. I'll bring the steaks and beers.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    I mean this is how i see it. I don't like church so guess what ? I DON'T GO !
    I don't try and get people to join my "side."
    DSM, This is a very small portion of the population. These people are hypocritical idiots. I am a Christian, and I don’t care about other people’s sexual orientation. If you are happy I am happy for you. I understand that you don’t want people to judge you or discriminate against you. Nobody wants to be subject to abuse and I don’t want that for you. Hopefully you don’t let people like that bring you down to their level by making you judge and stereotype people that believe in Jesus.

It’s the work of the devil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    I don't know how I feel about black history month just like I don't know how I feel about gay rights parades. I don't get either. If you're trying to get "rights" and be treated equally you must act as an equal yourself and not promote your sexual preference. I don't mean to offend you by any means, I just don't get it. Even one of my co-workers who is gay laughs at these things because they don't do anything productive in getting "rights". He also said many gays treat these events as a dating tool to meet others which totally negates the purpose of said gay rights event in the first place.
    You promote your sexual preference all the time without even realizing it ! When you and your girl are walking down the street and you give her a kiss, hold her hand, or flirt with each other in public you are promoting it.
    Do straights get laughed at , yelled at, beat up for holding hands walking down the street ? If i am not treated as equal how do you expect me to act like an equal ?

Your not offending me, you can share your opinion and i can share mine . If we all act as adults the thread wont get locked.

Quote Originally Posted by B-STRONG View Post
    Everybody has a right to voice their opinions and promote what they believe in...that's one of the reasons you don't get banned from this site for continually making homosexual comments and jokes to other members. The free speech enjoyed by one is enjoyed by all, regardless of location. If you can parade down Mainstreet, why can't they do the same promoting their beliefs? BTW not really religious at all, just seems to be a bit of a double standard, not tryin to hate on you DSM

I totally understand where you are coming from. My point is that if you hate gay people, why following them around and tell them that every chance you get ? That i don't understand.
    Like i said before, i don't believe in religion and at the same time i am aware that church has mass every Sunday so guess where i am NOT at on Sundays ! Get where i am going ?
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 05-04-2008 at 06:22 PM.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    This is what i don't understand. Ok listen, i understand that you bible thumpers don't like gay people right ? Then why when the city is having a peaceful gay rights day where people from all around come (with their children) these bashers decided to come and tell everyone they are going to hell ? What kind of message does that send to others about their own religion ? Sounds like a cult, like its my way or the highway type deal.

Here are a couple of quick pics i got with my phone.

ok i cant see the person holding the second sign but look at the fool holding the first...

need i say more to prove my point?

those are ignorant people, i mean if somone walked arround here looking like that; we would probably protest their sense of fashion and education. Screw their sexual orientation.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Your always going to have those religious people who take things to the extreme.

Im with you on this one DSM, but thats how religion is. "my way or the highway"
    Then, the extremists will follow you everywhere, just being a complete ass.

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    The Bible does have clear views on this but that is old test, the bible also says "judge not lest ye be judged" or "let him that is without sin cast the first stone" or "why do you strain at a gnat in anothers eye when you have a log in your own eye" in other words worry about your own probs before you even think about others. the old testament is merely a guide where people were forgiven thru sacrifices and followed unrealistic laws. So God sent his son so that we could be saved by Grace so that ANYONE may be saved.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    It's okay, half these people don't even know their own bible, if they did, they wouldn't mention the word Hell, seeing as how it exists no where in the original greek.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    My city just had there 27th gay pariade. Rainbow flags flying every where. I just stay away from the down town area for that weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa95 View Post
    My city just had there 27th gay pariade. Rainbow flags flying every where. I just stay away from the down town area for that weekend.
    Thank you.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you.
    For what ???????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa95 View Post
    For what ???????
    For doing what you did.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I really do not care one way or the other.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    DSM4Life I'm mad because I wasn't invited! I always miss out doing gay shit. I guess that's what I get for living around straight people. I've been assimilated.

Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    DSM4Life I'm mad because I wasn't invited! I always miss out doing gay shit. I guess that's what I get for living around straight people. I've been assimilated.

Your gay card has been revoked.

feanixco is offline Banned
    I am a Christian and I don't dislike gays at all. One of my good friends is gay and I treat him no different form anyone else. God doesn't love me anymore than he loves you.

Your gay card has been revoked.
    Lets go to straight weddings this summer and hold up God hates straight signs!!!

Blog Entries
    Lets go to straight weddings this summer and hold up God hates straight signs!!!
    We can hate and work on our tans at the same time !

dood Carlos has a great tan already...he must picket outside all summer or something.....hahahahahaha

dood Carlos has a great tan already...he must picket outside all summer or something.....hahahahahaha
    I go to a tanning salon year around. If you want to see my real color I'd have to show you my penis

B-STRONG is offline Junior Member
    I totally understand where you are coming from. My point is that if you hate gay people, why following them around and tell them that every chance you get ? That i don't understand.
    Like i said before, i don't believe in religion and at the same time i am aware that church has mass every Sunday so guess where i am NOT at on Sundays ! Get where i am going ?
    Yeah I see where you're going, it's a sticky situation because both sides to this debate have some serious argumentative leverage IMO. However, our country has been founded as such that freedom of speech is highly protected, so in reality they can do whatever they want and I respect that...at then end of the day you have to justify it however you can, whether to you it be ignorance, hatred, bigotry, etc. Instead of making this a situation you strive to understand, I think it best to simply recognize the fact that it happens and do your best to ignore it. I don't support everything people say, but I can certainly respect that fact that they can say it.

Damn tough topic to debate

Blog Entries
    I go to a tanning salon year around. If you want to see my real color I'd have to show you my penis
    Why do you use the sock trick ?

YARF...just puked in my mouth a bit...i am outta here....hhahahah

Why do you use the sock trick ?
    Shh.. that was just for you on cam.

YARF...just puked in my mouth a bit...i am outta here....hhahahah

Blog Entries
    Shh.. that was just for you on cam.
    cam ? Your a train ride away. Ill put on some rice/chicken, see you in an hour

ill come over if your gonna cook...

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have no issues with gay ppl. i personally dont care what or who you do. but i figure if gays can protest well so can anti-gay organizations. now i do personally think that having gay perades and such is retarted but to each there own. being made fun of becasue your gay is no diff then ppl makeing fun of ppl becasue they are fat or because they are ugly or dont dress worth a damn. it will never go away. i dont judge anyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information