Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch

22,000+ Killed in storm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...one/index.html
    Absolutely ridiculous, how the hell is there any form of justification spiritually for this? 22,000 ALREADY confirmed dead, 40,000+ missing, millions homeless and thousands more will die from starvation and diseases.

I think it's even worse that here in America no one even really gives a shit, granted 99.94% of people never even heard of Myanmar, (I had to google it to see where it was) can you imagine what would happen if a tragedy like this happened domestically, can't even imagine

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    That is pretty insane.

Just another reason I have a hard time following "God"

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    That is pretty insane.

Just another reason I have a hard time following "God"
    Sure, blame god. Typical response from an idiot.
    It's gods fault"..the ultimate scapegoat.
    ***No source checks!!!***

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    They are now saying that 250,000 have potentially died. The problem is compounded because of the military junta that is running to country will not allow any body in to help. Myanmar used to be called Burma before the Military Coup.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I never said it was God's fault. Hell, I dont even believe in a God, so how could I say its his fault?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    can you imagine what would happen if a tragedy like this happened domestically, can't even imagine
    Katrina.....

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ya i dont understand how people can blame god, and ask him "why"...he is god he has a plan for all of us and this was his plan, he doesnt do it outta spite, he does things for a reason and true believers will know this....it is an absolute shame but i know they are in a better place with God and i am sure they are happy....my prayers go out to them...

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    They are now saying that 250,000 have potentially died. The problem is compounded because of the military junta that is running to country will not allow any body in to help. Myanmar used to be called Burma before the Military Coup.
    wow! That's a lot...

Last edited by Kale; 05-06-2008 at 06:31 PM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    ya i dont understand how people can blame god, and ask him "why"...he is god he has a plan for all of us and this was his plan, he doesnt do it outta spite, he does things for a reason and true believers will know this....it is an absolute shame but i know they are in a better place with God and i am sure they are happy....my prayers go out to them...
    That statement is just down right scary.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Katrina.....
    Katrina like 1,800 people died, Kale just said 250,000+ people could be dead here

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    thats ****in crazy....goddamn...

Katrina like 1,800 people died, Kale just said 250,000+ people could be dead here
    trouble is people tend to disregard mass deaths in 3rd world counties as just a fact of life. If 250,000 people were killed in the USA, Great Britain or Australia the entire world would be on there door step offering assistance

trouble is people tend to disregard mass deaths in 3rd world counties as just a fact of life. If 250,000 people were killed in the USA, Great Britain or Australia the entire world would be on there door step offering assistance
    that's kinda what i mean, its sad how worthless people view others lives

Blog Entries
    that's kinda what i mean, its sad how worthless people view others lives
    While you are up there on your high horse, can i ask what you are doing to help ?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    That statement is just down right scary.
    Why?????

Blog Entries
    Why?????
    I would ask you to say the same thing to their families and see how they feel about that.

We just have different believes so i don't want to drag on about it too much.

i totally agree, but everyone offers condolences adn i am sure it rarely offers any sort of relief to the family...

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    While you are up there on your high horse, can i ask what you are doing to help ?
    i never meant it like i'm on a high horse, i was the same way, I heard about it, and nearly brushed it off, its just ****ed that we think that way

and you wondered what it would be like if it happened here. hence Katrina.

and you wondered what it would be like if it happened here. hence Katrina.
    yeah but multiply Katrina by like 200x

Blog Entries
    yeah but multiply Katrina by like 200x
    Thats 360,000

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    It's just the nature rebelling against the human disasters

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Very very very true.

Its not even front cover on a lot of the papers here....

thats a nice plan a so called loving father had

im an athiest, but if my parents decided to drown me violently, id b pretty pissed off

it is hard to understand why any god would possibly want to do this to anyone? a plan? why not just plan for those people to not waken up from their sleep the night before? a plan that involves a violent death means it was thought through, so god should be tried for murder

(when i refer to god, i mean all gods, but i no mainly about the christian god)

its rly not nice to think that these people living in this part of the world have to worry about this all the time. it wasnt that far away from where the tsunami hit in 2004 (think thats when it was!) and it killed roughly the same amount of people- half a million people in one small area overall!!!!!

i believe that the only thing that controls us is something that has no mind of its own- nature. we live in a world that is completely overpopulated, so it 'controls' this with disaster. our planet is violent regardless of humans existing or not, and we cant control it at all, it will always win, and it will be here longer than man

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    i agree....everything happens for a reason

ultra40 is offline Associate Member
    Thank you for that Webb, I don't think it could be put any better.

no one ever goes to God on prom night. they only go to him when they've messed things up beyond repair.

horrible tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20 View Post
    thats a nice plan a so called loving father had

im an athiest, but if my parents decided to drown me violently, id b pretty pissed off

it is hard to understand why any god would possibly want to do this to anyone? a plan? why not just plan for those people to not waken up from their sleep the night before? a plan that involves a violent death means it was thought through, so god should be tried for murder

(when i refer to god, i mean all gods, but i no mainly about the christian god)

its rly not nice to think that these people living in this part of the world have to worry about this all the time. it wasnt that far away from where the tsunami hit in 2004 (think thats when it was!) and it killed roughly the same amount of people- half a million people in one small area overall!!!!!

i believe that the only thing that controls us is something that has no mind of its own- nature. we live in a world that is completely overpopulated, so it 'controls' this with disaster. our planet is violent regardless of humans existing or not, and we cant control it at all, it will always win, and it will be here longer than man

Sometimes i just wish God would go ahead and return today. Just to prove so many people wrong.

What do you have to lose? You can go your whole life Believing in God and having faith , while making the same mistakes you would as an athiest and still be forgiven Bc GOD IS FULL OF GRACE and spend you whole afterlife in heaven

Or you can decide just to believe in nothing and return to the ground whenever you die.

If God ends up being a lie made by man, you don't lose anything because when your 6 feet under you won't know you wasted your time believing....

But say you end up being right, and God is REAL. You gain EVERYTHING.

Oh well, I know I'm just gonna get a smartass response, but thats just something that really bothers me.

I just find too many examples in my life that there is a God and he is Gracious and Amazing. Even in times if trajedy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra40 View Post
    Sometimes i just wish God would go ahead and return today. Just to prove so many people wrong.

What do you have to lose? You can go your whole life Believing in God and having faith , while making the same mistakes you would as an athiest and still be forgiven Bc GOD IS FULL OF GRACE and spend you whole afterlife in heaven

Or you can decide just to believe in nothing and return to the ground whenever you die.

If God ends up being a lie made by man, you don't lose anything because when your 6 feet under you won't know you wasted your time believing....

But say you end up being right, and God is REAL. You gain EVERYTHING.

Oh well, I know I'm just gonna get a smartass response, but thats just something that really bothers me.

I just find too many examples in my life that there is a God and he is Gracious and Amazing. Even in times if trajedy like this.
    GOD IS FULL OF GRACE and spend you whole afterlife in heaven

so full of grace that in the space of 3 and a half years he would violently drown half a million people and kill them?
    why spend eternity in heaven praising some guy who is so insecure that he needs millions of new people tell him how good he is every year? the giuys supposed to be perfect, so why is he jealous/insecure?

iv lived from the ground all my life, so i would gladly return to it. honestly, if i could decide what happens to me when i die, it would be to be thrown in a hole and let other life consume me. i would give back to the earth what it has given me

if god is a lie and i dont believe, it wont make a difference. but what if he is real? my argument is this-

i live my life in such a way that i obey what is MORALLY correct. morals were made my man, the same man that created the bible. if i was the only ahtiest in the world and everyone else was christian, no one would know i wasnt religious because of the respect and attitude i have for this world that i live in. i dont screw people over, i dont go out of my way to hurt, i help people as much as i can. i do everything the bible asks, so..

what happens to me when i die? will i go to hell? but why, god was supposed to love me no matter what. besides, if god had a so called plan for me, then his plan was for me to be an athiest, argue against him, then do what he wants. i have no control over that. and if u say its called free will and i can do what i want, i pity the confusion that runs amoke in ur brain. he has a plan, but its sort of a plan because u dont have to stick to it, but if u dnt, then u go to hell how do you know your ever sticking to gods plan?

can u please elaborate on how you see gods good from this crisis in bhurma???

"besides, if god had a so called plan for me, then his plan was for me to be an athiest, argue against him, then do what he wants.[/B]"

Your not Dead yet, I don't know Gods plan for you, It obviuosly could still be a work in progress. Some ppl Don't turn to God until their death beds. This doesn't make you a lost cause.

"i pity the confusion that runs amoke in ur brain"

You don't need to waste your time pitying me. Its Okay. I promise.

can u please elaborate on how you see gods good from this crisis in bhurma???

I Dont see Gods purpose in it yet, and i might not ever.
    All i said was i still find God gracious and Amazing in times of trajedy, not just when things are going my way.
    I was involved in and know many ppl affected personally by Katrina and even they have found good out of that trajedy. People found Love and Unity that some didn't know existed.

I know your going to disagree with everything i say, and thats really fine with me, I'm just speaking my mind. Sorry if my stupidity offends you.

no im not saying ur stupid. look i love these discussions, the majority of my friends (like 8 out of 10!) are very christian and i get on great with them.

but

any death will bring people closer, because we all realise that we dont know when its our time and we have to make the most of it. iv had friends pass, wer not christians, but i felt the same thing. cant u just see that this love and unity is something that man has within himself and does not require some ET being to give us? we are pack animals, same as lions, elephants etc, we mourn when one dies and protect when others are in danger, its just instinct

I completely respect your opinion and i just think that that love we feel is a God thing, not a man thing. I believe God blessed us with that love feeling your speaking of. An instinct that God gave us.

We have the same feelings its just a difference on why and where these feelings come from.

What your saying about love makes complete since, so of course i'm not going to tell your wrong, its just the difference in opinion.

Either way, One of the good things i see God has already brought from this is the ATTENTION that this area of the world. There are good people (Christian, Atheist, etc...) That have never heard of this country and probably never would of but they will help and impact people lives all over Myanmar now. I know its just a little tiny bit of good amongst a huge trajedy, but thats better than nothing...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    alright- how about my argument

-pretend that God does not exist. We cannot comprehend why or how the universe was created. Or why it does what it does

-lets pretend God does exist. We cannot comprehend why or how God created the universe. Or why he does what he does.

You see- humans, even Christians, are not meant to have the ability to comprehend everything that God does.

but people cnt just pretend to believe in god, u have to honestly do it

u cant just say "believe in him because u lose nothing if he isnt real" because he would know if i was honestly believing in him.

there is no reason for life, there is no reason for the earths creation, it just happened

even the most basic understanding of astrophysics can explain how our planet came together!

as far as the God comments go, it's about faith. not understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20 View Post

even the most basic understanding of astrophysics can explain how our planet came together!
    Yeah, If God creating the universe seems to be a stretch, How can this not?
    We evolved from single cell organisms that were anerobic to humans.....Hmm...I'd rather believe I have more of a purpose than that.
    The basic timeline is a 4.6 billion year old Earth

4 billion years of simple cells (prokaryotes),
    3 billion years of photosynthesis,
    2 billion years of complex cells (eukaryotes),
    1 billion years of multicellular life,
    600 million years of simple animals,
    570 million years of arthropods (ancestors of insects, arachnids and crustaceans)
    550 million years of complex animals
    500 million years of fish and proto-amphibians,
    475 million years of land plants,
    400 million years of insects and seeds,
    360 million years of amphibians,
    300 million years of reptiles,
    200 million years of mammals,
    150 million years of birds,
    130 million years of flowers,
    65 million years since the non-avian dinosaurs died out,
    200,000 years since humans started looking like they do today.

If this is what we evolved from, How do you explain how humans are the only creature that can look 7 miles at one time, and then focus on a grain of sand in their finger instantly.

We just evolved that ability...

as far as the God comments go, it's about faith. not understanding.
    Yesir it is

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    wow - reading on the news that experts put the death toll at a possible 500,000 after famine and disease set in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information