firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member

iphone sold out online.

So I'm waiting for the new iphone to come out since I have verizon and my palm sucks. So i read the news today that they have sold out online. Now the closest imac store is like 1hr a way. Good luck for me getting one, once they release them.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/ptech/0....ap/index.html

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    Since you have verizon are you trying to buy one of the unlocked ones or are you switching to att

switch to att. What would you recommend? i think att has better plans that include online surfing. I need it to check my email and properties online.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i still dont see the hype behind the iphone.

I think its a really easy phone to use and it has almost everything u need. I really wasn't a apple guy until I got the ipod. It was so easy to use that now I'm looking into buying a imac ang selling my new hp windows vista pc that I just got like 8 months ago. They just make better quality products.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I'm waiting for the new Blackberry. I suggest checking it out before buying the iPhone.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2304255,00.asp

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2304416,00.asp

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    I'm waiting for the new Blackberry. I suggest checking it out before buying the iPhone.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2304255,00.asp

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2304416,00.asp
    This phone looks and sounds like it has it all. My only complaint with the iphone is with the touch screen. I borrowed my brothers for the weekend and I must tell you texting is a nightmare, especially with big hands!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    This phone looks and sounds like it has it all. My only complaint with the iphone is with the touch screen. I borrowed my brothers for the weekend and I must tell you texting is a nightmare, especially with big hands!!!!

It has everything available in a cellphone plus some. It will likely be the iPhone killer.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    The 3G iPhone is coming out in June. Compare the screen size of the Blackberry Bold and the iPhone. The screen on the Blackberry is TINY!!! Also, the Blackberry Bold won't ship until October. You plan to wait that long?

I'm sticking with an iPhone.

Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

It has everything available in a cellphone plus some. It will likely be the iPhone killer.
    How so? the screen on the Blackberry is a 3rd the size of the iPhone screen. SCROLL! SCROLL! SCROLL! SCROLL! I don't want to scroll forever just to read a web page.

Blog Entries
    The Blackberry Bold comes out in July.

I do agree that the iPhone screen is nicer but it's actually only 1 inch larger than the Bold but they have the same resolution.

http://www.betanews.com/article/RIMs...rks/1210608986
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ief_rival.html

If all the experts think it's going to rival the iPhone, why don't you? It's going to be a great product, regardless. The iPhone is a better media player but that's where it ends. Just wait...

Blog Entries
    The pictures you posted of the two phones aren't to scale, either.

The Blackberry Bold comes out in July.
    There is no firm date for the new Blackberry. They claim "summer." On Engadget they said October. RIM made the announcement now to try and get the jump on the 3G iPhone but the new iPhone will be in customers hands before the Bold.
    If all the experts think it's going to rival the iPhone, why don't you? It's going to be a great product, regardless. The iPhone is a better media player but that's where it ends. Just wait...
    The experts have been claiming every new phone as an iPhone killer since last year and they're always wrong. They don't understand the appeal of the iPhone. Our company uses Blackberrys. But now that the new iPhone supports Exchange push mail they want to move to iPhones. We actually have test models from Apple to beta test with our Exchange server.
    The pictures you posted of the two phones aren't to scale, either.
    Yeah, I know. I tried to find picts to scale but couldn't. I don't see how the Blackberry can be similar screen size since half of the phone space is taken up by the keyboard. On the iPhone you can view the entire screen except for about a half inch at the bottom where the home button is.

iPhone rumor:

3G avail in silver, black, white, 32GB max, GPS and video conferencing (with front-sided camera) and Mobile TV functionality.

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Carlos! Do you know if the iphone ever plans on allowing multimedia messaging and video ability with the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood080 View Post
    Hey Carlos! Do you know if the iphone ever plans on allowing multimedia messaging and video ability with the camera?
    It's possible. The units we're beta testing don't have it but we didn't get full retail units.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    i was going to get a blackberry and it is prob more functional but it does not look as nice so i got an iphone and love it. well worth it.

Gators is offline Banned
    I just got a blackjack II as i have to send my iphone off, have a dead area on the touchscreen, 7, 8, and 9 key area. I got the blackjack for free, and i will switch back to the Iphone when i get it back. Wish it could be compatible w/ Excel and Word. The touch screen is very user friendly.

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    I just got a blackjack II as i have to send my iphone off, have a dead area on the touchscreen, 7, 8, and 9 key area. I got the blackjack for free, and i will switch back to the Iphone when i get it back. Wish it could be compatible w/ Excel and Word. The touch screen is very user friendly.
    I believe in the new software that is coming out in June it will be compatible with excel and word.

Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    You can view excel and word email attachments on an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood080 View Post
    I believe in the new software that is coming out in June it will be compatible with excel and word.
    You can do that already.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    When they have sorted the 3g version properly, ima grab one, until then Ill get over not having one.

I looked at the blackberry at the stores, the current model and I couldn't deal with the scrolling. I love the resolution and probably the plan that aT&t has to offer. Plus mac is always coming out with new software updates and has excellent products.

Thread Information