thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

Exclamation Free speech/1st Amendment viciously assaulted!(VIDEO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFIaG_B6298

Because of the previous videos and the debates over them, I hope to END the debates with this video. Several members of WeAreChange staged a small protest, on a PUBLIC WALKWAY, completely within their rights to do so, in front of the NYC Port Authority Building.

You will notice in this video that several undercover Port Authority officers come and harass the protesters. The most noteable part of this video is when one particular officer in plain clothes says....

"I think I see wires in your bag, you might have a bomb in there or something, check this guy I think he's got a bomb"....

then he goes on to say... "I dont know you, you look like what a terrorist might look like. . ."

Of course these were all lies, and the guy KNEW he was lying. This video is a GREAT example of how the "War on Terrorism" is USED TO SUPPRESS YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!.... Take note...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    As much as i would love to argue i cannot. I hate this guys as much as i hate the religious freaks that yell their beliefs out on the streets but is it legal ? yes, do i like it ? hell no.

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    I totally agree. The US authorities have the right to hold people indefinitely, without charge and allow torture (by definition) all under the suspision of terrorism. And theres alot of scary evidence that point to the 911 attacks being set up. I am not arguing either way but interesting none the less.

Gators is offline Banned
    I dunno, i don't agree w/ the way they were treated, one of the great things about this country in the right to dissent. As far as the Patriot act, i don't know anyone, nor heard of anyone, who the PA hurt?

Truth is, we are at war w/ a enemy that wants to kill us all, finding the balance between protection / finding terrorists and our constitutional rights is a tough thing.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    As much as i would love to argue i cannot. I hate this guys as much as i hate the religious freaks that yell their beliefs out on the streets but is it legal ? yes, do i like it ? hell no.
    Same here, to me it shows no class, or respect for those lost in 9/11...

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    I dunno, i don't agree w/ the way they were treated, one of the great things about this country in the right to dissent. As far as the Patriot act, i don't know anyone, nor heard of anyone, who the PA hurt?

Truth is, we are at war w/ a enemy that wants to kill us all, finding the balance between protection / finding terrorists and our constitutional rights is a tough thing.

I am quite sure you wouldn't "hear" anything of some one who PA hurt. If they ever decided to admit they were wrong and released a person who was unjustly held...I'm sure they'd slap an injunction on the basis of national security on them to shut them up.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I agree as well, The only problem with those who are the most outspoken about constitutional rights is that they often are part of some conspiracy theory group which blows any legitimate argument the rest of us have against such things as the Patriot Act, and the idea of the living constitution. They only hinder those of us that are for constitutional rights. Just may humble opinion though, who knows maybe Bush secretly wanted to destroy the Twin Towers so that a building in his honor would be constructed on that very site where the towers once stood.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Loser college kids need a job.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    So as long as it doesn't effect you, which it very well could (especially being on this site), you're fine with the erosion of civil liberties? The Patriot Act doesn't make you any more safe, all it does is reduces the governments checks and balances and greatly increases the potential for governmental abuse. It's also completely unconstitutional and it exponentially increases the powers of government, which, unless you're a liberal, is not a good thing. Even if you believe that this administration isn't abusing the Patriot Act or FISA Act, what makes you so sure that future presidents won't?

No, actually, it's not a difficult thing to find a balance between protection and constitutional rights. In fact, following the constitution would maximize liberities, while simaltaneously keeping us safe. There's even a clause that provides for the capture of terrorists without engaging in war and it should've been followed. The cloak of "national security" does not justify ignoring the constitution nor does it give the goverment unlimited powers to implement any misnamed act that they like.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal Cracker View Post
    Loser college kids need a job.
    You've greatly contributed to the thread...

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    these kids are being dicks. They were asked nicely to turn the cameras off and they were being watched until they leave. Thats how law enforement works. Then when the comment was made about how they might be terroists the guys got all offended. How bout if you would have listened to them and shut the cameras off and cooperated things would have been fine. It irritates me to know that people are protesting in front of a place where thousands of people lost their lives, go find somewhere else to protest. And of course the security for the area is going to be more tight after that incident.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    godfather, you may have knowledge of this already but if not look into a group called the shac7 . I dont subscribe to their beliefs either but what has been done to them mimics this to a tee, they were animal activists that are now being held as terrorists in terrorist prisons and all for the "economic terrorism act" pretty much a law that tells you if you F up a corperations profits or insight a boycott of their goods/services you have commited a terrorist act!!!! they were merely protesting peacfully, someone unrelated to the group all together caught wind of their mission to help protect animals and took it upon himself to black fax and a bunch of other illegal stuff, so because they carried the message this kid was persuaded by they are being held as terrorists!!! i highly suggest you read about this

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    these kids are being dicks. They were asked nicely to turn the cameras off and they were being watched until they leave. Thats how law enforement works. Then when the comment was made about how they might be terroists the guys got all offended. How bout if you would have listened to them and shut the cameras off and cooperated things would have been fine. It irritates me to know that people are protesting in front of a place where thousands of people lost their lives, go find somewhere else to protest. And of course the security for the area is going to be more tight after that incident.
    I agree 100%... This hits home with me, as I know many who were lost in 9/11, and I find it rather tasteless for someone to protest in such a manner. All this hating on the US government lately, and our country, makes me wonder WHY NOT JUST LEAVE?? If you hate it that much then pack up and leave.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    All this hating on the US government lately, and our country, makes me wonder WHY NOT JUST LEAVE?? If you hate it that much then pack up and leave.
    I would tend to agree with you on the leaving part, however that is a defeatist attitude. I do not believe all this conspiracy theory stuff and i certainly do not think that the US government is all bad. What I do think is that the more global theme of the protesters is that our rights as citizens are being stripped little by little and the US government uses the Vial of 9-11 to gain more power underneath us.

if a person stops and thinks about some of the parts of the Patriot Act, which is not all bad entirely, The warrant-less searches, to the suspension of Habeas Corpus. We lose inch by inch, year by year and the whole time it moves so slowly that one day we are not the country the founding fathers had envisioned for it to be. The constitution is for the most part cut and dry, yet the popular thing to do is to say that the Constitution needs to reflect modern times and modern situations.

Is the Constitution outdated and needs to adapt to the modern day America. The answer should be no, absolutely not. Why, because the Constitution is the law of how this country is to act and conduct its self as a political entity.
    The Constitution has shown us the way throughout our history. Just because we think we are more advanced than our forefathers, does not mean the lessons of their day do not reflect in the lessons of today.

History really does repeat itself time and time again, yet we are so narrow minded and ignorant maybe of the past that again we see no correlations between past events and the ones of today. A simple example of how history has repeated itself over again in near modern times is the hysteria created my Senator Joseph McCarthy during the fifties when he saw Red Communist around every corner. People were rounded up and interrogated for being labeled Communist. If anyone remembers his famous Wheeling Speech in 1950 I believe. He stated that he had in his hand a list of x amount of people who where communist agents working within the state department after and exhaustive investigations This doesnt sound anything like The Mitchell Report, right?

Ok it sounds a lot like the Mitchell report but it doesnt stop there as far as a history lesson. Today you hear The new hot button word (Terrorist). This act though it walks the line of being constitutional and un-america is needed to fight the Terrorist that could be living in your own back yard. To me that is no different than what was being said in the 1950's. Where virtually the same words were used accept the word Communist was inserted in said comment.

Every now and then a respected scholar will get a 20 or 30 second sound bit on a CNN, Fox News, ect. They will talk about us forgetting the past and will argue that such and such event is no different than what happened in such and such year. That is the only history perspective we get on important issued today.

So I say I am not being UN-America for wanting to preserve the ideals of the country that I love. I say I question with extreme scrutiny some of the decisions that are being made today because I saw how those decisions have turned out in the past.

I am not picking on you KMAN or directing this post directly or indirectly at you. You brought up a excellent point and I am/was expanding on your original Idea for all to share in.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-15-2008 at 10:58 AM.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    AGREE 1000%

Gears is offline Member
    I pretty much agree with MuscleSci, I just hope people wake up to obvious facts before it becomes too late to do anything about it.

Thread Information