dedic8ed1 is offline Banned

Job offer from company with potential for advancement.

I'm currently at 16.77 at my current job.I applied at a job my buddy works and they can see I'm a worker and that I'm very mature and am a driven and determined individual.I told this company that I will need my current rate to start with them and am very excited to work with a company that has the potential for 20$ + advancement.The problem is with this fuel crisis I'll be driving 3x as much as I am now and I won't be able to work my second job from May to October cause this job is 1st shift.But I'll have weekends off and be done work at 3:30.I'm supposed to call them back today and discuss the fine print.What do you guys think I should do?
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 05-16-2008 at 05:55 AM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dedic8ed1 View Post
    I'm currently at 16.77 at my current job.I applied at a job my buddy works and they can see I'm a worker and that I'm very mature and am a driven and determined individual.I told this company that I will need my current rate to start with them and am very excited to work with a company that has the potential for 20$ advancement.The problem is with this fuel crisis I'll be driving 3x as much as I am now and I won't be able to work my second job from May to October cause this job is 1st shift.But I'll have weekends off and be done work at 3:30.What do you guys think I should?
    Well first of you should have ask for more money. Alway ask a little over of what you expect to get paid. You have to calculate if you can live without the extra job/extra income and go from there. Its nice working for a company where you know there is room for advancement.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Well first of you should have ask for more money. Alway ask a little over of what you expect to get paid. You have to calculate if you can live without the extra job/extra income and go from there. Its nice working for a company where you know there is room for advancement.
    Honestly it's been said by my brother who worked there before that there's no way I would get the rate I currently get.They hire there driver's for less then my current rate.

But I will have to sacrifice a little bit to get with a company with potential advancement,better benefits and better hours.I can live on a little less but it's all in the path for advancement so it's worth it.
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 05-16-2008 at 05:50 AM.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    can your buddy and you car pool? That might help a bit

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    can your buddy and you car pool? That might help a bit
    Yeah that's what I was just discussing with the owner.They offered me 16.00 which is what I'm getting now less my shift differential.So June will be the hallmark for the next chapter in my life,I'm moving in my new apartment on the 1st starting a new job with 20$+ dollar opurtunity.Great stuff.

Thread Information