Thread: Nitromethane

shootdeep is offline Member

Nitromethane

Nitromethane........does it get any better than that? Who else is addicted to 8,000hp, 330mph quarter mile missiles? I would give BOTH of my balls to drive one of those things for a living!!!

Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member
    I dont know exactly what you are talking about, but my childhood remote control car ran off of Nitromethane......(i believe it is rocket fuel, no?)

when I was like 9, my dad bought me this $400 RC car I didnt even really want (now that i am almost 30, I think its pretty cool), and its engine siezed up. Basicly to this day, it is a family example of the x-mas where my dad bought ME what HE wanted for x-mas.

Anyone help me get it working? its my childhood toy and it went like 35 mph.......sounds like a nice project for me and MY son, since he wont want it and it will really all be for ME. (history repeating)

yes, the nasty little car ran off of nitromethane.......mean little bugger, had a pull start like a mower

chopper9451 is offline Associate Member
    that much torque would give me a woody...

Quote Originally Posted by Diary of a Mad-man View Post
    I dont know exactly what you are talking about, but my childhood remote control car ran off of Nitromethane......(i believe it is rocket fuel, no?)

when I was like 9, my dad bought me this $400 RC car I didnt even really want (now that i am almost 30, I think its pretty cool), and its engine siezed up. Basicly to this day, it is a family example of the x-mas where my dad bought ME what HE wanted for x-mas.

Anyone help me get it working? its my childhood toy and it went like 35 mph.......sounds like a nice project for me and MY son, since he wont want it and it will really all be for ME. (history repeating)

yes, the nasty little car ran off of nitromethane.......mean little bugger, had a pull start like a mower
    think of the power those little engines make with a piston the size of a pencil eraser. now make it 500cubic inches, supercharge it to 50psi and that's why we love 'em. one look at my avatar says it all

Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep View Post
    think of the power those little engines make with a piston the size of a pencil eraser. now make it 500cubic inches, supercharge it to 50psi and that's why we love 'em. one look at my avatar says it all
    yeah, I see your point. That is some power.

I've seen a jet car melt a school bus at the school bus demolition derby before, but it was in neutral...lol

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Meh, to short of a shot to really comprehend wtf is going on!
    Give me a 04' KB'd Cobra pushing nearly 600rwhp now that's what I'm talking about!
    Last edited by SVTmuscle; 05-27-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    Meh, to short of a shot to really comprehend wtf is going on!
    Give me a 04' KB'd Cobra pushing nearly 600rwhp now that's what I'm talking about!
    totally different league. it would take 13 of those mustangs to ALMOST equal the fuel car...or let me put it this way; 1 cylinder makes almost twice the horsepower as all 8 in the mustang.
    besides, the adrenaline rush starts LONG before you even get into one of those things and lasts long after too.

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep View Post
    totally different league. it would take 13 of those mustangs to ALMOST equal the fuel car...or let me put it this way; 1 cylinder makes almost twice the horsepower as all 8 in the mustang.
    besides, the adrenaline rush starts LONG before you even get into one of those things and lasts long after too.
    Well I know it's only a fraction of the power, but I think 'real' car power is cooler, those funny cars or whatever they are called are just ridiculous

Thread Information