mr_man is offline Associate Member

Ladies who have had breast augmentation.

Me and my soon to be wife are thinking very hard about getting her breast augmented. Could you please enlighten me on the pros and cons of this operation? What was the deciding factor on what Dr. you picked? I know the before and after pics but you know that he is not going to show you the bad ones. By the way I live in Oklahoma so the Dr.’s are limited. I was looking at a Dr in Cali. done 375,000 breast augmentations in 2007 but now the way the air line prices are that is out. I just don’t want her to go in and come out looking like Frankenstein, Not just for me but for her and her self esteem as well. It would hurt me a lot knowing that if she came out looking wrong, and her have to go though looking at the mistake for the rest of her life. So anyone with any good info or anything that can help I would love to hear.
    Thanks,
    mm

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_man View Post
    Me and my soon to be wife are thinking very hard about getting her breast augmented. Could you please enlighten me on the pros and cons of this operation? What was the deciding factor on what Dr. you picked? I know the before and after pics but you know that he is not going to show you the bad ones. By the way I live in Oklahoma so the Dr.’s are limited. I was looking at a Dr in Cali. done 375,000 breast augmentations in 2007 but now the way the air line prices are that is out. I just don’t want her to go in and come out looking like Frankenstein, Not just for me but for her and her self esteem as well. It would hurt me a lot knowing that if she came out looking wrong, and her have to go though looking at the mistake for the rest of her life. So anyone with any good info or anything that can help I would love to hear.
    Thanks,
    mm
    How could he have done 375,000 boobjobs in a year. That's over a thousand a day!! No way.

And since a tit-job (my ex had one done) costs in the $5000-$8000 range, I don't think I'd limit myself to using whatever crappy doctors are local because I dont want to buy a $200 airline ticket. Although, I doubt she'll feel like flying (or doing anything) for a week afterwards.

g0dsend is offline Member
    Ill give her a phyical if she wants, then we can go from their...

Sorry that was a typo.
    Top Five Surgical Cosmetic Procedures in 2007
    1 Breast Augmentation (347,500)

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Get the family size boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by g0dsend View Post
    Ill give her a phyical if she wants, then we can go from their...
    all good if you are a Dr. but not. And no plastic surgeon going to be able to reconstruct your face after a .45 goes through it.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Ask WEBB who did his.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Ask WEBB who did his.
    Stop picking on him......he will get maddd at u.

Sorry that was a typo.
    Top Five Surgical Cosmetic Procedures in 2007
    1 Breast Augmentation (347,500)
    That's how many were done TOTAL in the US last year, not by that one doctor.

Look for reviews of doctors online

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Had a girfriend used to be a stripper. Had boob job b4 I met her. They just did'nt feel natural to me. They were nice to look at, but they were pumped up ALL the time, and just did'nt feel natural... I like real ones, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ecto9 View Post
    Had a girfriend used to be a stripper. Had boob job b4 I met her. They just did'nt feel natural to me. They were nice to look at, but they were pumped up ALL the time, and just did'nt feel natural... I like real ones, lol.
    Sounds great to me... i need to go rub one out now.

Fake boobies are the best!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How about some mature comments for this guy, instead indulging teenage fantasies all the time?

I'm no expert, but do you have any friends that have had the op? Im guessing not if you're asking here for some advice? Try this link? It shows you the two main types, saline and silicone, and some pros and cons of such an operation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_implant

It should also be noted, that if she goes ahead and has an op, theres a good chance your wife may have to have additional ones in the future...
    Last edited by Flagg; 05-26-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    How about some mature comments for this guy, instead indulging teenage fantasies all the time?

I'm no expert, but do you have any friends that have had the op? Im guessing not if you're asking here for some advice? Try this link? It shows you the two main types, saline and silicone, and some pros and cons of such an operation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_implant

It should also be noted, that if she goes ahead and has an op, theres a good chance your wife may have to have additional ones in the future...
    Thank you I was starting to wonder if their were any grown ups still on this site.

Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member
    Thank you I was starting to wonder if their were any grown ups still on this site.
    no (I like boobies)

Keep in mind too there are a bunch of ways to have the implants put in...

Under the muscle / Over the muscle: Under = more natural looking, more healing time; Over = more "classic fake" looking, heals faster

Put in via the nipple, armpit, or under the boob. Just preference on where the scar is, but by putting in through the nipple (scar heals to just look like the edge of the areola) she can temporarily lose feeling in the nipple, & may not be able to breastfeed.

Oh yeah... I love boobies!

notus is offline Member
    I train one of the best plastic surgeons in West Florida he has gotten plastic surg. of the year two years in a row. See if the dr. will do what ever size no matter how big she wants it. The dr. should sit down with her (and you) and help determin what is going to look best on her by her frame, skin, previous size, fat carried in the area and so on. Find out where he will insert the implant from this will make a difference in the future. I would want to know how many people the dr. turns away or if he will operate on everyone. My client will only operate on those that he thinks will have good results. He turns people down a lot. Know she will eventually have to get another one they don't last forever. The don't feel natural. I see him on wed. if you have any other questions let me know and I will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by notus View Post
    I train one of the best plastic surgeons in West Florida he has gotten plastic surg. of the year two years in a row. See if the dr. will do what ever size no matter how big she wants it. The dr. should sit down with her (and you) and help determin what is going to look best on her by her frame, skin, previous size, fat carried in the area and so on. Find out where he will insert the implant from this will make a difference in the future. I would want to know how many people the dr. turns away or if he will operate on everyone. My client will only operate on those that he thinks will have good results. He turns people down a lot. Know she will eventually have to get another one they don't last forever. The don't feel natural. I see him on wed. if you have any other questions let me know and I will find out.
    Does he have a web site. or be willing to contact me via email? maybe send him a few pics to see what he thinks. PM me if he wants me email. Thnkas for you help
    Last edited by mr_man; 05-26-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by D-Unit 39 View Post
    Keep in mind too there are a bunch of ways to have the implants put in...

Under the muscle / Over the muscle: Under = more natural looking, more healing time; Over = more "classic fake" looking, heals faster

Put in via the nipple, armpit, or under the boob. Just preference on where the scar is, but by putting in through the nipple (scar heals to just look like the edge of the areola) she can temporarily lose feeling in the nipple, & may not be able to breastfeed.

Oh yeah... I love boobies!

going in the armpit. and probably under the muscle. just depends on what the Dr. says.

BuiltForThis is offline Associate Member
    My wife had it done about 8 months ago and it ran her $6,500. There are a few variables that can affect the price though. I know going through the armpit can cost up to $1,000 more then under the breast and can also add to the recover time.

As far as choosing a doctor you should definitely do your research. It is something that is going in your soon to be wife's body so you want to make sure it is done correctly. If she knows anyone who had it done she could ask them who they used and then begin your research from there. That's how we found our doctor and it's been 8 months in with no complications at all. Good Luck.

firenwire is offline Junior Member
    Thanks,
    mm
    If you are around the Lawton area, avoid Dr. Duece (sp). I've seen several of his operation turn out with less than desirable results. OKC would be the best bet.

Just my .02

sassbs11 is offline Banned
    boobies

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Just because a Dr. did a lot of surgeries doesn't really make him good. I got mine done by a facial and hand reconstructive surgeon, and compared to all of my friends, mine look and feel the most natural. If the Dr can completely reconstruct nerves and ligaments in much minute areas, he can do a simple surgery like a breast augmentation. There is a difference between the surgeons, some are very meticulous (like the one I had) and some just do the easiest surgeries, like breast augmentations because it's the fastest way to make money.
    I know because I've worked in the ER with plastic surgeons, it's worth it to look around and speak with references, see what kind of post of care they give and how willing they are to talk you out of the surgery. A good Dr will try to talk you out of it unless there is a serious ailment that needs to be corrected.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Just shop around

Ask a lot of questions

Sometimes you can contact people who have it done previously with that doctor.

See who you feel more comfortable with

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    All my past ex;s have had them. Silicone feel much better then saline. There are different shape implants that like more natural or you can go for the fake look. My ex had hers redone in feb by a very good dr in NYC and it was 11k.

PM me i might have a good way for you to find a good dr in your area.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Dude is that your wife in your Avatar?
    Gix, hook me up with some of your leftovers for Jersey Brother!!!

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Hey Gixxer, my gf is planning on getting hers done by the end of summer and is currently looking at different doctors in the new york area. What was the name of the doc ur recent ex just used?

chopper9451 is offline Associate Member
    im all about em. my wife is gonna have them done as soon as we are done havin kids

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Make sure to do you homework before deciding on a Doc... Here's a site I use to check em out:

http://www.medbd.ca.gov/lookup.html

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Hey Gixxer, my gf is planning on getting hers done by the end of summer and is currently looking at different doctors in the new york area. What was the name of the doc ur recent ex just used?
    i text her and ask. i dont remember. I'll pm you the answer when i get it

Thread Information