Receiver84 is offline Associate Member

Mail Box Baseball.

The wife just called me to let me know that some little punks had a game of mail box baseball on our mailbox last night as well as all the neighbors. GOD would I love to catch them in the act and play mail box baseball with their heads! $50 and about 30 minutes of install ahead of me for a new one only to have them laugh and do it again next week at 2am. Hate those ba$tards!!!

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Little Punks.... Thats a felony Brother

I know. They would be fortune to have me call the cops on them though. You know it's a bunch of 17 YO duesch bags.

I like this......can you say shattered wrist!

How to Build a Safe Mailbox

Begin making your mailbox baseball proof mailbox with a regular plastic mailbox from the hardware store. Also purchase a large sized mailbox designed to hold newspapers and packages. You will also need a stout post and a bag of cement.

Begin by removing the door from the smaller mailbox. You can throw this door away as you will not need it for the finished project. Slip this inside the larger mailbox while it is standing on end. Make sure the door of the large mailbox can close tightly over it. If your mailbox has bolts to attach it to the mailbox post, fit these into the holes in the bottom of the large mailbox.

Then, follow the directions on the bag of cement to mix up a small batch. Keeping the small mailbox straight in the center of the large one, pour in the cement so it fills the cavity between the mailboxes. Allow this to dry thoroughly.

After the cement is dry, it is time to mount your heavy mailbox on the stout post. A four-by-four wooden post works, although a metal on will last longer and is more difficult to destroy. Plant the post deep in the ground, using cement if you wish. Some mailbox posts are now made with a large metal spike that is meant to stick into the ground. This works well if you have very dense soil.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Yeah, it could also be some of the young punks just graduating, going out to celebrate. I did stupid crap like that when I was young. I live out in the middle of nowhere now, so it wont be long until I go to check our mail and find a bashed box of my own. Prob deserve it from my past stupidity. But you better believe if I caught them, I have plenty of land, good for burying if you know what I mean.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Receiver84 View Post
    I like this......can you say shattered wrist!

How to Build a Safe Mailbox

Begin making your mailbox baseball proof mailbox with a regular plastic mailbox from the hardware store. Also purchase a large sized mailbox designed to hold newspapers and packages. You will also need a stout post and a bag of cement.

Begin by removing the door from the smaller mailbox. You can throw this door away as you will not need it for the finished project. Slip this inside the larger mailbox while it is standing on end. Make sure the door of the large mailbox can close tightly over it. If your mailbox has bolts to attach it to the mailbox post, fit these into the holes in the bottom of the large mailbox.

Then, follow the directions on the bag of cement to mix up a small batch. Keeping the small mailbox straight in the center of the large one, pour in the cement so it fills the cavity between the mailboxes. Allow this to dry thoroughly.

After the cement is dry, it is time to mount your heavy mailbox on the stout post. A four-by-four wooden post works, although a metal on will last longer and is more difficult to destroy. Plant the post deep in the ground, using cement if you wish. Some mailbox posts are now made with a large metal spike that is meant to stick into the ground. This works well if you have very dense soil.
    I say Go for it

Thread Information