Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Posted on Wed, May. 28, 2008
    The Associated Press

NEW YORK --New York Gov. David Paterson has told state agencies to start recognizing gay marriages performed where the unions are legal.

Paterson spokeswoman Erin Duggan says the governor's legal counsel sent a memo to all the state's agencies telling them they could be violating state human rights law if they don't start recognizing the marriages.

The move is one of the strongest steps the state can take short of action by the Legislature.

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Yayyyy me and Gsxxr can now be official

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Cool . . . Planning a trip to California in the near future, Carlos?

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Good. We'll start getting more tourist revenue. I'm surprised Vegas hasn't moved to legalize gay marriage. They'll do anything to bring in tourists.

That's gayer than 8 dudes FN nine dudes lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    babysteps

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Cool . . . Planning a trip to California in the near future, Carlos?
    Not anytime soon but eventually.

I plan to have a steroid wedding. Everyone who cycles sits on the left. All natties on the right. My gift registry will be at a GH clinic. GH, test or cash the preferred gifts.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Maybe a Village People cover band!

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Let's see here, the people have voted against it, the state legislature has rejected it multiply times, the state supreme court has rejected it, federal laws reject it but an UNELECTED governor gets to force it on the people??? So much for Democracy.

lol kfrost where you think you live

In CA where 4 judges get to override the people and the constitution, the governor and the state senate. It's shame that such a small percentage of people can divide the whole coutry for their own selfish needs.

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    Let's see here, the people have voted against it, the state legislature has rejected it multiply times, the state supreme court has rejected it, federal laws reject it but an UNELECTED governor gets to force it on the people??? So much for Democracy.
    The majority of Californians favor gay marriage

SACRAMENTO - For the first time ever, a statewide survey reports a majority of California voters favor gay marriage - a finding that pollsters describe as a milestone driven by younger people.

The Field Poll result, released today, shows the highest level of support in more than three decades of polling Californians on the hot-button issue of same-sex marriage laws. The poll found 51 percent of registered voters favor the idea of allowing gay and lesbian couples to wed, while 42 percent disapprove.

What's driving the dramatic shift upward toward support for inclusion? You guessed it:

Californians age 18-29 favor the idea of allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry by a greater than two to one margin (68% to 25%). Those in the 30-39 age group also approve of such marriages by 24 percentage points. However voters age 65 or older disapprove by a wide margin (55% to 36%).

The next generation doesn't simply approve of gay marriage; it does so by a massive majority. The poll suggests an Obama-Clinton-style generation gap - and an Obama candidacy this fall will surely increase the number of these demographics in the California voting this fall.

The key to the shift can be seen among independents. They fall much closer to the Democrats than to the Republicans on this issue (61 percent of independents and 67 percent of Democrats back marriage equality, while 69 percent of Republicans oppose it). And the attempt to label this reformist measure as "far left" has not caught on.

Voters who describe themselves as middle-of-the-road in politics approve of allowing same-sex marriage 53% to 35%.

In CA where 4 judges get to override the people and the constitution, the governor and the state senate.
    The judges did not over ride anything. The judges interpreted the state's constitution and found a ban on gay marriage unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    The majority of Californians favor gay marriage
    We don't go on your biased polls but rather the actual votes themselves and in 1977 and AGAIN in 2000 the voters overwelmingly voted to make marriage between one man and one woman. However I am sure if the polls showed next year they were against it you will be happy to have the new law repealed, right? Who gets to do the poll your group or mine? Obviously voting shouldn't count. I know Obama doesn't think so, look at FL.

The judges did not over ride anything. The judges interpreted the state's constitution and found a ban on gay marriage unconstitutional.
    The judges overrided the voters, the governor, the state senate and the will of the people! There is no where in the constitution that calls for the destruction of the family.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    The judges overrided the voters, the governor, the state senate and the will of the people! There is no where in the constitution that calls for the destruction of the family.
    Judges have relatively limited powers compared to the legislative branch and the executive branch of most republics. This includes California. Their main purpose is to uphold and interpret the state constitution. They concluded that the ban is unconstitutional, which it is, so they removed it. It's all about checks and balances, allowing no branch, including the people, to get too powerful is crucial.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^stop being such a drama queen KFrost! There are no families being destroyed because of this! If you so emphatically think this is the case, please provide statistics that show a rash of divorces (thus actually destroying families) since this was done.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    you could always come to vancouver to get married carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    Good. We'll start getting more tourist revenue. I'm surprised Vegas hasn't moved to legalize gay marriage. They'll do anything to bring in tourists.
    New York State's decision to recognize all Massachusetts's civil marriage licenses - which make no distinction between straight and gay - propels even more momentum to the marriage equality movement. Notice what this isn't: New York is not obliged under any precedent or DOMA to recognize marriages from other states. It has chosen to do so. Next month, California will also issue thousands of marriage licenses to couples previously barred from civil equality - and those licenses have no residency requirement. So if New York will recognize them as well, Arnold has what he wants: a massive new and lucrative wedding industry in California for all the gay couples in New York State. Once civil marriages are equally available in California, Massachusetts and New York, marriage equality will reach around 40 million Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    ^^stop being such a drama queen KFrost! There are no families being destroyed because of this! If you so emphatically think this is the case, please provide statistics that show a rash of divorces (thus actually destroying families) since this was done.
    @ drama queen!

@ drama queen!
    Carlos I don't think you should be calling anyone a queen

Dennis Rodman? Nice attempt at humor. Lets meet and I'll show you how much of a *queen* I am. Your ass will be hurting. My dick isn't small.

Nice attempt at humor. Lets meet and I'll show you how much of a *queen* I am. Your ass will be hurting. My dick isn't small.
    aww did I hurt your feeling carlos...why don't you go cry for another banning your good at that

Now that is funny.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    aww did I hurt your feeling carlos...why don't you go cry for another banning your good at that

But i love the new avatar.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 05-29-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Carlos I am with you..

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

But i love the new avatar.
    Totally Agree

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...e-00cd871b6726

You know the fight against marriage equality has been lost when even Bill O'Reilly has run out of legitimate reasons to opposed it. So has his guest Don Schweitzer who can't seem to come up with anyting either, and he's against it!

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Haha, good stuff.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    All I'm asking Kfrost is for any real evidence that same sex marriage directly effects you negatively and/or destroys families.

All I'm asking Kfrost is for any real evidence that same sex marriage directly effects you negatively and/or destroys families.
    Gay marriage destroyed his avatar.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd like to see if he has any evidence -- even bogus evidence -- that shows that same sex marriage destroys heterosexual marriage . . .

Thread Information