Thread: Sleep Talking

shootdeep is offline Member

Sleep Talking

Anyone here have girlfriends that sleeptalk? My girlfriend talks all night and occasionally wakes up yelling and screaming! The other night she woke up at 4am SCREAMING her head off. Obviously, I woke up terrified and thought there was someone in the room. It turned out to be her frickin pants hanging from the curtainrod and creating a perfect silhouette of a set of legs. I was so freaked out I couldn't even remember her name! The best part is that she never remembers it in the morning.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    OMG! My wife will sleeptalk every now and then, but her big thing is when I wake her up, and she is not totally awake, and starts talking about something she was dreaming about, but she doesn't realize she is awake. She flipped out on me one night when she started asking me about some reflection in the pond that reminded her of the 1980's.... she does it all the time, I have to act like I don't hear her so she won't get mad when I look at her like she is freakin' crazy or something.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    haha dude ditch her before you wake up with her holding a knife over you..

Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    ya know,...that's kinda what i was thinking! She does this ALL THE TIME!!! she was just doing it, that's what made me start this thread.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I sleep f*ck sometimes. Im not being facetious, Im dead serious.

G4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    That would be funny to be the last thing you mention to one of your buddies that crashes at your place sometime...... haha, last words out of your mouth before you turn off the lights, "Oh yeah, I should warn you......"

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by going4ripped View Post
    That would be funny to be the last thing you mention to one of your buddies that crashes at your place sometime...... haha, last words out of your mouth before you turn off the lights, "Oh yeah, I should warn you......"
    Lol nice! ha ha

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_talking

Somniloquy or sleep-talking is a parasomnia that refers to talking aloud in one's sleep. It can be quite loud, ranging from simple sounds to long speeches, and can occur many times during sleep. Listeners may or may not be able to understand what the person is saying.
    Sleep-talking usually occurs during transitory arousals from NREM sleep, which is when the body does not move smoothly from one stage in NREM sleep to another, and they become partially aroused from sleep. Further it can also occur during REM sleep at which time it represents a motor breakthrough (see sleep paralysis) of dream speech, words spoken in a dream are spoken out loud.
    Sleep-talking can occur by itself or as a feature of another sleep disorder such as:
    • REM sleep behavior disorder (RBD) - loud, emotional or profane sleep talking
    • Sleepwalking
    • Night terrors - intense fear, screaming, shouting
    • Sleep-related eating disorder (SRED)
    Sleep-talking is very common and is reported in 50% of young children, with most of them outgrowing it by puberty, although it may persist into adulthood (about 5% of adults are reported to talk in their sleep). It appears to run in families.
    Sleep-talking by itself is harmless; however, it can wake up others and cause them consternation—especially when misinterpreted as conscious speech by an observer. If the sleep-talking is dramatic, emotional, or profane it may be a sign of another sleep disorder (see above). Sleep-talking can be monitored by a partner or by using an audio recording device; devices which remain idle until detecting a soundwave are ideal for this purpose. In order to prevent sleep-talking a mouthguard may be worn.
    One famous sleep talker is Dion McGregor, a man who became somewhat of an underground celebrity when his roommate Michael Barr recorded his nightly soliloquies (which were often hilariously detailed), which were then released as a series of albums in the 60's.

(more links are at the Wikipedia website)

lol..yeah well so far its only been while in the same bed. I haven't actually gotten out of bed and f-ed somebody.....yet. So unless the guy is sleeping in the same bed(which raises other question all together) I dont think he has anything to worry about....yet.

The weird thing is that sometimes my ex-gf thought I was awake and complied with the ummm vaginal stimulation..until she noticed I just stopped or mumbling something. Shed hit me to get me to keep going but Id wake up all surprised and ask her wtf.
    Last edited by Prada; 06-03-2008 at 01:08 AM.

G4R
    lol..yeah well so far its only been while in the same bed. I haven't actually gotten out of bed and f-ed somebody.....yet. So unless the guy is sleeping in the same bed(which raises other question all together) I dont think he has anything to worry about....yet.

The weird thing is that sometimes my ex-gf thought I was awake and complied with the ummm vaginal stimulation..until she noticed I just stopped or mumbling something. Shed hit me to get me to keep going but Id wake up all surprised and ask her wtf.
    BOLD ^^^^^

Dear god, I can only imagine if it does happen, I will be paranoid for the rest of my life. Lying in bed with my wife, only to be waken by a sound outside the window....... "Oh $h!t...... I think its Prada......"

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    HAHAHAHA. That made my day. Thankyou nate.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ HAHAHA PURE GENIUS, and SO matter of fact.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Hahah

That would suck if she starts talking about all teh other guys she has been banging.

BOLD ^^^^^

Dear god, I can only imagine if it does happen, I will be paranoid for the rest of my life. Lying in bed with my wife, only to be waken by a sound outside the window....... "Oh $h!t...... I think its Prada......"

That sounds like Hollywood material right there.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    My BF sleep talks all the time, I can have a conversation with him and he doesn't even remember it. Last night alone, he was doing it twice, once he was apologizing for ordering me the wrong prescriptions(lol...I have no idea where that came from) and then later on he was flipping out because he thought he spilled chocolate on the bed and was trying to clean it off before i sat in it???
    I get a good laugh out of it. It doesn't bother me much.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    My BF sleep talks all the time, I can have a conversation with him and he doesn't even remember it. Last night alone, he was doing it twice, once he was apologizing for ordering me the wrong prescriptions(lol...I have no idea where that came from) and then later on he was flipping out because he thought he spilled chocolate on the bed and was trying to clean it off before i sat in it???
    I get a good laugh out of it. It doesn't bother me much.
    That's how my girl is. She says the most off the wall things and it's usually at the top of her lungs!

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Thanks for that encouraging pic. Maybe I'll stop untying her when we're done and make her sleep like that. It's not the knife I'm worried about, it's waking up with a 23g "1.5 buried in my eye!

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    It have to say there crazy. lol

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i use to talk about crazy shit when i was half way awake/asleep but that was back when i didnt get any good rest. would talk about the damndest things and then when i woke up i would be imbaresed because shit made no since lol

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member

I've done this too. I woke up once to find that I was ramming the sh!t out of my wife. She was all into and stuff and I just said "WTF is going on here!!" Funny! Happened 2 times over the years and ironically I was on gear both times.

uncgboro is offline Associate Member
    My previous girlfriend told me i talk in my sleep. And that i grind my teeth. My dentist said it might be the before bed protein and told me to cut it out and the grinding/talking might stop. Needless to say, I still have my shakes before bed and probably still grind my teeth and talk.

I wouldn't know because my gf and i are not together anymore!

Thread Information