Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore

Preparation H to show defintion in muscles??

I was listening to the radio show I always tune into. And they brought up that women use Preparation H on the bags under their eyes to get rid of the puffy look. Then someone said that bodybuilders use it right before a contest on troubled spots, such as obliques/abs to help get rid of puffyness and give them better definitionm, to look more ripped. I guess one of the main chemicals is a vasoconstrictor that reduces blood and fluid from entering the area you apply it to, therefore shrinking the skin and tissues, making your muscles stand out more.

Question is... have any of you used it?? I think its crazy. It is a vasoconstrictor meaning it will in turn mess with your blood pressure due to constricting blood vessels. Especially if your applying all over your abs. Ill just stick to correct diet to look ripped.

NS
    NS is offline Associate Member
    i take the fact that no one ever answered this is because no one on here has ever used it like this?

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    as i type this i have preperation H all over my body...
    i feel slimy and the smell is getting to me, but man i can feel it working, im gonna be shredded....

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i heard that before also

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's funny cause I read about this in a bodybuilding magazine about 8 months ago. I was thinking if you were to go into a CVS and buy a few jugs of this stuff the hottie behind the counter will think you have MAJOR issues. HAHA

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    I use it as tanning lotion at the beach, you won't believe the amount of hotties I get.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    I was listening to the radio show I always tune into. And they brought up that women use Preparation H on the bags under their eyes to get rid of the puffy look. Then someone said that bodybuilders use it right before a contest on troubled spots, such as obliques/abs to help get rid of puffyness and give them better definitionm, to look more ripped. I guess one of the main chemicals is a vasoconstrictor that reduces blood and fluid from entering the area you apply it to, therefore shrinking the skin and tissues, making your muscles stand out more.

Question is... have any of you used it?? I think its crazy. It is a vasoconstrictor meaning it will in turn mess with your blood pressure due to constricting blood vessels. Especially if your applying all over your abs. Ill just stick to correct diet to look ripped.
    I know this is an old trick for fat boy's in the Army. The Army uses measurements off of your waist and neck for BF%. The fat boys would put Prep H all over there stomach, then wrap their stomachs in saran wrap before they had to take the test. It does shrink the skin temporarily, but I have only seen it used on fat people, so I don't know if it will make someone with definition look more defined.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I've heard that it temporarily helps with stretch marks for similar reasons that you mentioned.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post

Isn't about 'looking ripped'. Stepping on stage is a whole 'nother ballgame.

You guys who are only interested in having an average 6-pack for the beach have no ideas what competitive athletes have to tweak to get the maximum stage effect.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Isn't about 'looking ripped'. Stepping on stage is a whole 'nother ballgame.

You guys who are only interested in having an average 6-pack for the beach have no ideas what competitive athletes have to tweak to get the maximum stage effect.
    Well said.. Its a sport, and you want to win so you are going to use evrything you got to help you win.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's true but they took out the ingredient that did this for the USA brand, you have to buy it in Canada for it to work anymore.

Cloe85 is offline Female Member
    so it only works temporarly... that sux!

Question: if it does help with toning the skin, than can one assume that working out in the gym more often will also get the same effect over time???

Thread Information