SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch

training puppies

man my dog is still only a puppy, 3 months old and it still barks when we put it in the cage to sleep at night...so hard not letting him out and sleep in my room but we gotta train him =(

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    thats a great story...compelling and rich...hahhaha

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Just do what I did to your mom to train her.

Stick a cock in its mouth.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post

BWHAHAHAHA....OWNED....

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    have two doberman puppies. Hate their crying, the male one wakes my ass up at 5 am for the fun of it.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    thats a great story...compelling and rich...hahhaha

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, I'll answer seriously.. first what kind of dog is it?

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength View Post
    ok, I'll answer seriously.. first what kind of dog is it?
    Golden Retreiver

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    just let em sleep with ya. i have an english bulldog (my second one) i picked him up from the breeder and my wife drove i put him on my chest, leaned my seat back all the way and that little shit slept for 3 hours on my chest. we got home that night and i had gotten a rubbermaid tub to put him in next to the bed. i put him in there and he cried, as soon as i put him on my chest in the bed........right to sleep. and he has slept with us ever since. and i wouldnt have it any other way. dogs are the best friends you can have.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    I have a Little Chihuhua that sleeps with me and he a very good dog. Love that little thing..

"yo quiero taco bell"

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    man my dog is still only a puppy, 3 months old and it still barks when we put it in the cage to sleep at night...so hard not letting him out and sleep in my room but we gotta train him =(
    So pretty much he's telling you what he wants and you're complying. It should be the other way around whether he likes or not. You absolutley need to train him to sleep in the crate, but it has to be his crate an area where he goes to feel comfortable. If he does something bad don't punish him by putting him the crate because he'll associate his crate wih negativity. After you get him crate trained than you can have him sleep in your bed, but it has to be you that gives him permission to sleep there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    So pretty much he's telling you what he wants and you're complying. It should be the other way around whether he likes or not. You absolutley need to train him to sleep in the crate, but it has to be his crate an area where he goes to feel comfortable. If he does something bad don't punish him by putting him the crate because he'll associate his crate wih negativity. After you get him crate trained than you can have him sleep in your bed, but it has to be you that gives him permission to sleep there.
    nice post, my first bulldog would just go and sleep in his cage on his own. and he enjoyed it.

what kind of cage is it? i find that many dogs like to lay under things, however an open type metal cage does not have a protective effect. if it is this type of metal cage i found that draping a blanket over and around it gives it a protective type environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Yeah we only put him in the cage at night...he was totally fine last night, he fell asleep in my bed and I just carried him into the cage he slept through the night no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    what kind of cage is it? i find that many dogs like to lay under things, however an open type metal cage does not have a protective effect. if it is this type of metal cage i found that draping a blanket over and around it gives it a protective type environment.
    The top of it is covered...it's a black metal cage

It's weird he was behaving totally find a few weeks ago, and now all of a sudden he's acting up again... oh well we'll see what happens

pump.joe is offline Associate Member

great post!

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    Golden Retreiver
    ok well I have an 11 month old black lab that just won "best trained"... Both labs and retrievers are easy to train. Once its established that your the boss, work on ensuring they know what simple commands mean.. When she would whine at night (and it was obvious it was not for bathroom purposes) I would get up and un-cover the crate (we kept it in the bedroom) and talk to her, calming her but wouldnt take her out of the cage! If she started up again she would get a firm, deep voiced NO. Once a dog learns the word NO, training becomes quite easy

Also, if you havnt done so already, pick up a training book directly related to retrievers

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    Honestly I hate to say this but I have seen my grandfather have almost 10 different dogs from retrievers to german shepards to collies. They were perfectly behaved because any time they would act up he would give them a smack across the nose. I know its like cruelty to animals, but tell that to a 87 yr old that has seen 2 wars and raised 4 kids during a depression and shit. Its just a softer society today.

Or watch the dog whisper alot

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    just let em sleep with ya. i have an english bulldog (my second one) i picked him up from the breeder and my wife drove i put him on my chest, leaned my seat back all the way and that little shit slept for 3 hours on my chest. we got home that night and i had gotten a rubbermaid tub to put him in next to the bed. i put him in there and he cried, as soon as i put him on my chest in the bed........right to sleep. and he has slept with us ever since. and i wouldnt have it any other way. dogs are the best friends you can have.

bullies are the best feind you can have!!!!

1down5up is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like hes training you to let him out of the cage

Quote Originally Posted by 1down5up View Post
    Sounds like hes training you to let him out of the cage
    doh'
    He's been behaving again

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    I have a 10 month old rottweiler and when he was a pup i use to have to get up around 3-4 times a night so he could use to bathroom, but as they get older they stop the whinning. I also never put him in a crate he sleeps on the floor next to my bed or the front door, hes definity a guard dog.

realmafia is offline Junior Member
    Very well put. Dogs hate to be alone.

Thread Information