jsinur7 is offline Member

figuring body fat %

How Would Someone Do That On Their Own? Figuing Body Fat I Mean... Thats Me In The Avatar 3 months or so ago.. maybe even 6 months... I am way leaner now...

thats me at 5'11" 195 - 200 pounds

now i'm down to 185 -190

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    If you can get some calipers, that would work best. You can also check out this.... http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

PaintPimp is offline Junior Member
    Ok multiply your height times the amount of big macs you eat in 3 days, then divide that by the size of your socks, then add the amount of calories you burn fighting with your women and you should get your number. No the best way is calipers and just find the formula online, or go find the expensive scales at a store and just jump on one, or sometimes the gym you workout at will have someone that will do it for 10 or 20 bucks

3dgamer is offline Junior Member
    Bro-

Even the cheapest gym in STL has a computerized hand-held gizzmo to give detailed compositional info...Swing by, act like your going to join, then JOIN!!!

being fat hurts the low back and the ego- I could write a friggin book...

lol... i just realized we have one of those body fat scales... has metal foot pads to stand on and sh!t.. we'll see.. thanks guys..

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    well now i'm curious on how it turned out. I was thinking about getting those calipers too but i heard they really don't work that good

i dont know how accurate self tests can be...

sugarfreebig is offline Associate Member
    yeah I used to have a handheld one and I think it read higher than skinfold calipers by about 4%. Also if you are a guy who is 240 lbs and fairly lean, it will still wanna tell you that ur fat like 22%. skinfolds would be ideal.

fujitsupalm is offline Associate Member
    i mean i just spent $200 on a new body composition scale, and it gives me body fat % with faults by about 1 - 2 %, you can be a 17% this time and next second you are a 19%, those are guides only and not so accurate.

Read somewhere on the net that mentioned about the water composition and fat ratio of the bottom half of the body could affect the accuracy of results, if someone is a 10% but most fat is in lower part of body, it will read a higher body fat because the lower body's fat is blocking the current through the body, hence affecting the readings.

sometimes it tells me i have bone weight of 7lbs, sometimes it's 10.x lbs, some times i have 138 lbs muslces sometimes 145, so, those are great way to get an idea, but never accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by fujitsupalm View Post
    i mean i just spent $200 on a new body composition scale, and it gives me body fat % with faults by about 1 - 2 %, you can be a 17% this time and next second you are a 19%, those are guides only and not so accurate.

Read somewhere on the net that mentioned about the water composition and fat ratio of the bottom half of the body could affect the accuracy of results, if someone is a 10% but most fat is in lower part of body, it will read a higher body fat because the lower body's fat is blocking the current through the body, hence affecting the readings.

sometimes it tells me i have bone weight of 7lbs, sometimes it's 10.x lbs, some times i have 138 lbs muslces sometimes 145, so, those are great way to get an idea, but never accurate.

yeah, i'll have to try again after a shower or something... i'm not buying this thing saying i'm nearly 30% bodyfat... says dirty feet and wearing clothes can effect it... like i said thats me in the avatar, and that was 5-10 pounds ago... i'm leaner now... no where nere 30%... i'll have to try again..

Thread Information