magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Recent movie reviews...

Here we sit amid the beginning of this summer's blockbuster onslaught. Let's see still to come off the top of my head there's "Wanted", "The Dark Knight", "Hancock", "Hellboy 2", "The Guru", "Meet Dave", "X-Files: I Want to Believe", "Get Smart", and several other more segmented notables. Obviously, it should be a great movie-going summer. Now let's see where we are thus far:

The Happening, the latest thriller from M. Night Shyamalan, gotta love the name. If you're a fan of his films such as "The Village", "Lady in the Water", "Signs", "Unbreakable", and "The Sixth Sense" you'll absolutely love this one. Oh and guess what, it's so good that none of the above really matters...this is a great suspenseful thriller, but a lot more gory/bloodier than is typical of him.

The Incredible Hulk is a good view for true blue (or in this case green) Marvel fans, but only a decent movie in general. It develops slowly and meanders through some necessary waterways to get to the muscle of the movie which is filled with testosterone , er ah gamma rays. Again not really an autonomous film, in that you need to already love the character/storyline, because of which I can't whole-heartedly recommend it to the general populous as I did Spiderman, and to a lesser extent Ironman.

Kung Fu Panda is a good laugher, but will hold great appeal only for the martial arts fans. This one didn't make the kids (or adults) burst at the seams as anticipated, but it is very humorous throughout. However, if you're not into kung fu, certainly take a pass.

You Don't Mess With The Zohan was extremely funny, and just what you'd expect from Adam Sandler, but it also has some definitive political overtures that make for an unusual aside...still very funny though, and incredibly well cast.

The Fall is an unusual film even by independent standards, but its Sci-Fi/whimsy combination make for a worthwhile viewing if you’re into festival films. The trailer is indeed true to form so let it be your guide in this case.

Son of Rambow is another independent (artsy foreign comedy) film that is quite traditional, and loaded with adult humor from a kid's perspective. It's a good one to see without feeling you've lost ninety minutes of life and is kid-friendly to boot...so go ahead and take them, fun for the whole family!

Sex and the City, the big screen conversion is always questionable even with a built-in fan base. Not a fan of the show, and never having really seen a full episode while surfing through, I still had to see it because well...that's what I do! Anyway, if you owe her one or want to go one up, this is a good choice as its doable. There are obviously going to be slow estrogenic scenes, but even these are made bearable by the constant threat of impending eroticism, in truth a decent film.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont mess with the zohan definately had some horrid political crap in it. But it was ok, i love any happy madison film

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    zohan was a decent movie. it was funny but dumb. just as expected. The happening i saw it lastnight. overall i would say it was good. its not a must see, but it def kept my attention in wanting to findout whats going to happen next. good movie to netflix.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    Dont mess with the zohan definately had some horrid political crap in it. But it was ok, i love any happy madison film
    What kind of political crap did it have in it?

g0dsend is offline Member
    I havent been to the movies in along time, and I decided to go see zohan. I know why I havnt been to the movies in a while. Zohan sucked so bad I think. Some parts were funny, like the part in the board meeting at the office.

But besides that I think it was to fake to be funny. If they would have made cool scenes like him slitting peoples throats and acting like a real spy then it would have been more funny I think. Unlike his superpowers which just wasnt funny at all and really unbeliveable.

Thread Information