Johnny_Rotten is offline Associate Member

Changing Perceptions

I've always been a part of the Alternative music sort of crowd. Never lifted a single weight in my life till about a year or so ago.

All thru high school i was the skinny kid who hated gym's & all bodybuilders. I guess is was an insecurity about body image thing. We always used to make fun of people who worked out & i always thought bodybuilders were all meathead, vain, jock, macho male f#cktards.

That all changed at last year when i made friends with a personal trainer who was huge but was a super good dude too. It really tripped me out because in my experience most people that worked out were jerks.

Anyway thru hanging out & getting to know this guy, i started getting into weights & today i'm totally addicted.

The point of this thread however is that actually getting into bodybuilding myself totally changed my perception of the people who participate in & love this sport.

In all the gyms i've been too & also 95 percent of people on this site are some of the nicest, most intelligent, most poetic & individuals i've ever met.

It's awesome to see most huge guys that aren't your stereotypical meathead jerks. Nearly everyone here are just normal dudes from all walks of life just trying to better themselves physically thru pumping iron.

Most of you guys here are super cool guys, lots of people doing their own thing, we have some serious dudes, some funny dudes, some less than fortunate, struggle alot dudes, some cocky dudes etc but you guys are heaps suppourtive of one another & it's really great to see.

I wish Steroids weren't legal so we wouldn't have to be so secretive bout our identities & whatnot.

Guess i just want to say thanx to everyone who's made me feel welcome here, sometimes if i have a problem it's so much easier to just post it here & there's always someone who tries to give helpful advice, it's awesome.

Thanx bros.

& long live bodybuilding!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rotten View Post
    I've always been a part of the Alternative music sort of crowd. Never lifted a single weight in my life till about a year or so ago.

All thru high school i was the skinny kid who hated gym's & all bodybuilders. I guess is was an insecurity about body image thing. We always used to make fun of people who worked out & i always thought bodybuilders were all meathead, vain, jock, macho male f#cktards.

That all changed at last year when i made friends with a personal trainer who was huge but was a super good dude too. It really tripped me out because in my experience most people that worked out were jerks.

Anyway thru hanging out & getting to know this guy, i started getting into weights & today i'm totally addicted.

The point of this thread however is that actually getting into bodybuilding myself totally changed my perception of the people who participate in & love this sport.

In all the gyms i've been too & also 95 percent of people on this site are some of the nicest, most intelligent, most poetic & individuals i've ever met.

It's awesome to see most huge guys that aren't your stereotypical meathead jerks. Nearly everyone here are just normal dudes from all walks of life just trying to better themselves physically thru pumping iron.

Most of you guys here are super cool guys, lots of people doing their own thing, we have some serious dudes, some funny dudes, some less than fortunate, struggle alot dudes, some cocky dudes etc but you guys are heaps suppourtive of one another & it's really great to see.

I wish Steroids weren't legal so we wouldn't have to be so secretive bout our identities & whatnot.

Guess i just want to say thanx to everyone who's made me feel welcome here, sometimes if i have a problem it's so much easier to just post it here & there's always someone who tries to give helpful advice, it's awesome.

Thanx bros.

& long live bodybuilding!

Who are you calling cocky you mother ***** j/k

You meant to say were (above in bold)?

Welcome bro . Also stay away rom TJ he dont know what his sexual preferences are.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Good to have you here and see that you have a different perspective about us. I used to think the same and I think it was all because of my own insecurities.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Live and learn.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    aww, that was so heart felt and sweet. im tearing up at work. *sniff sniff*

nah just playing. but in all seriousness, this is a great board. loads of info and cool ppl. im glad to be a part of it.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    when we workout, get bigger whatever, people react certain ways.. most negative, imagine you are in a restraint, or just walking down the street, and some girl is checking you out, you dont' pay her any attention,but her boyfriend is pissed and says something to you like "steroids shrink your dick"

my response is always the same, "that's not what your mom said last week"

it's funny..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Johnny_Rotten is offline Associate Member
    ^^^

Hahaha.

The extra attention from gals is awesome too. I'm still tiny compared to most of you guys are nowhere near where i want to be but notice alot more gals checking me out & have received alot more compliments.

Not to mention i've been feeling alot healthier, heaps more eneergy & just generally high on life.

Thread Information