Thread: Under Armour?

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member

Under Armour?

Can someone please explain to me what this craze with UA is all about? What is so special about this shit? Its become so popular through out the military community that now they are making PT uniforms out of a knockoff version of the material.

What is so great about under armour gear and is it worth its 30 dollar price tag for a work out shirt. I was so tempted into buying one the other day but couldnt bring myself to pay 30dollars for a sleeveless tshirt. It feels nice and all but what gives? Can someone who wears it tell me what you like about it so much more than a regular cotton tee?

Also, if its supposed to do all this magical shit with moving sweat from your body... then why do they sell baggy and loose versions?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    they are more ideal for playing sports I think....I wore the hot weather UA during 2 a days, and I thought that kept me cooler......and the cold weather UA definately is amazing.....it fits like a condom and keeps you warm and looking slick.

they do work.

so whats the craze? they work and they are expensive.

would I pay 30 dollars for a shirt just to workout in? no, not unless I was playing football. Its not needed to lift weights.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Well, when your out in the desert you wana stay cool, I wore mine for weeks on end. It's light, durable, keeps you cool and it's extremely easy to clean. If I wore my regular t for more than a few hours it would become extremely heavy from sweat, smelly and just straight up nasty. Wear one out to the field, guarantee you'll never wear a regular T again and with all the saved space in your ruck you can pack a shit load of pogie bait ;D
    I also wear them under my leathers while riding.

P.S I'm wearing one right now

g0dsend is offline Member
    Dude, under armour is expensive, theirs cheaper brands that work such as good. When I played ball I wore under armour, then tried a cheaper brand afterwards and it was so much better I thought for way cheaper

Yea, the biggest problem I found with the under armours is they're too small. No matter what size you get they cut the circulation off under your pits. My remedy for this was to buy the sleeved shirts and cut off the sleeves at the seams, they're more roomy than the sleeveless when you do that and they look fine. Can't tell under BDU's or Ecu's... or Dcu's... or whatever the hell it is you're wearing

MrGreen is offline Member
    I have some of their winter gear for work and they suck! 50 bucks for some BS. IMO I dont even thing its worth tryin to start a fire with.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    because everything is superb. its very comforatable.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_slow_5.0 View Post
    I have some of their winter gear for work and they suck! 50 bucks for some BS. IMO I dont even thing its worth tryin to start a fire with.
    your body has to be giving off more heat than usual (ie exercise) for the cold weather UA to do its job.

Quote Originally Posted by g0dsend View Post
    Dude, under armour is expensive, theirs cheaper brands that work such as good. When I played ball I wore under armour, then tried a cheaper brand afterwards and it was so much better I thought for way cheaper
    What was the cheaper brand? Only reason why I even considered this stuff is because it gets HOT on base. The flight line sees ambient temps of 105+ degrees. I hate wearing saggy soggy shirts.

target and wally world have some cheaper brands, dunno if they carry OD or brown.
    It sucks but if you invest in one UA you can literally wear it every day of the week. Just go home and hand wash it in the sink for about a minute and it's good as new. Nice and cool in the morning too

OpusX is offline Banned
    I'm sold on their cold gear, i wear it when duck hunting and snow skiing, and it's the shizzle. I also wear the hot gear t shirts, nice.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    I'm pretty sure the military stopped the use of UA in the combat mos those things can catch on fire and make a mess of you. They are good for running but lifting weights way to tight. Waste of money in my opinion.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Under armour is all I wear when working out or training clients. it looks professional and is very light weight and hardly feels like u have a shirts on. u have to get the loose fit for sure, and if its too tight get a larger size I wear atleast xl-xxl, it runs alittle small.

there shoes r kinda ugly IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RangersLTW View Post
    I'm pretty sure the military stopped the use of UA in the combat mos those things can catch on fire and make a mess of you. They are good for running but lifting weights way to tight. Waste of money in my opinion.
    If ever my UA caught on fire I'm sure I would already be ****ed

there gym bags also have a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    If ever my UA caught on fire I'm sure I would already be ****ed
    That's obvious but if it catches on fire its like napalm that was my point not if you catch on fire you will be burned.

numbat is offline Member
    Im gonna have to break down and buy some of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersLTW View Post
    That's obvious but if it catches on fire its like napalm that was my point not if you catch on fire you will be burned.
    It is actually banned in imminent danger/warzones at the moment for that exact reason. If you find the video on youtube, I would not want to be near an explosion wearing that shit. Youd be FCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by swol_je View Post
    there gym bags also have a lifetime warranty.
    **** swol... now your going to have me spending like 130 bux tomorrow on this shit. Nothing more comforting then a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    It is actually banned in imminent danger/warzones at the moment for that exact reason. If you find the video on youtube, I would not want to be near an explosion wearing that shit. Youd be FCKED.
    Ya imagine clearing a mine field with a mek(18lbs of love). You would probably be better off wearing a glad bag

**** swol... now your going to have me spending like 130 bux tomorrow on this shit. Nothing more comforting then a lifetime warranty.
    shits its worth it. I got one backpack for school and one duffle for workouts and one duffle for PT stuff. never had a problem with em, and sometimes I do weighted pull ups with a 45lb plate in the backback straped to my back. I know its ghetto but whatever works!!

shits its worth it. I got one backpack for school and one duffle for workouts and one duffle for PT stuff. never had a problem with em, and sometimes I do weighted pull ups with a 45lb plate in the backback straped to my back. I know its ghetto but whatever works!!
    Hey what kinda bag do you recommend? And size wise... Ill be carrying 2 pairs of shoes in em, along with my gym clothes and random goodies (shake cup, workout log etc.)

southmadejd is offline Member
    When I was in the Marine Corps which was as little as 2 years ago, the PX would be selling the PT clothes in UA like gear. I say UA like gear because I actually never checked the price tag to see if it was actually UA. For some reason I just prefer 100% cotton. I just love the way it feels on my skin but of course I am kind of a hypocrit because I never tried on UA.

Hey what kinda bag do you recommend? And size wise... Ill be carrying 2 pairs of shoes in em, along with my gym clothes and random goodies (shake cup, workout log etc.)
    my duffle bag is the medium size. the big ones are rediculous HUGE.

my duffle bag is the medium size. the big ones are rediculous HUGE.
    Ah good thing, i was lookin at the large duffel bags... Tomorrow im going to head over to dicks and try some stuff out... and then come home and do alittle online shopping. Im cheap like that. Plus ebay has tons of there gear for next to nothing - ie there sleeveless Tee for 12 bux with 5 dollars shipping.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I usually only wear it when i'm play fball... thats about it... yeah the shirts are nice to lift in and such.... but i only have 2 so, that screws that idea... but the days i do... yeah i love it...

it will keep u alot damn cooler than cotton t's... ull like the baggy t's,.... def worth it IMO

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I like the shirts when doing cardio. You sweet your ass of and still stay cool at the same time.

I just picked up a pair of shirts... They are really nice... i just wish i had a tan now lolol.

The medium bag is way to small for me. Im going to have to find a large bag and check it out.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    u get what u pay. all the material heat gear cold gear they all work in the same principle but ua and nike use more of the material needed to accomplish the job. those cheap brands are very thin and become saturated pretty quick and once u r drenched its is not really doing it job tu pull sweat from ur body to make it cooler.

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    UA has my dollar. Light, comfy, cool, and shows off the hours you've put into the gym.

Yeah... UA has won me over... its incredibly light, comfortable and strong.

Thread Information