numbat is offline Member

Canseco brutalized in boxing match

How many times will former athletes get into a boxing ring before they realize the sport is NOT easy? Not every big guy can be a boxer. The 6-foot-4, 248-lb. Jose Canseco, a former baseball slugger who has been at the center of the steroids controversy, found out quickly that you don't mess with someone who has legitimately worked on his fight game.

Former Philadelphia Eagle Vai Sikahema, 45, definitely has skills and showed them while pummeling Canseco in 97 seconds.

Sikahema, a Golden Gloves champ before his football career with more than 80 amateur fights, was giving away seven inches and 43 pounds. The size disadvantage had zero effect on what looked and sounded like a very angry Sikahema:

"He's a very impressive-looking guy. But the guy is a walking corpse, because he's rotted inside out. He's a pathetic figure."

Not only did Canseco (pictured with ex-wife Jessica) insult boxers with this stunt, he actually had the gall before the fight to mention a mixed martial arts career. Canseco, 44, claims that he is a black belt in Kung Fu, Taekwando and Muay Thai:

"I wanted to get involved with MMA (mixed martial arts) and this is first step to it. Let's see what happens, how I do, how the fans like it. I'll have to see. If I go anything further than this I'll have to train a lot more, really take this serious. I really didn't take this serious at all. Hopefully we can have some fun."

Sikahema clearly wasn't on hand to have "fun" and Canseco learned that he'd better get serious if he ever tries it again. He may also want to stay away from Philly opponents:

"He came out here in first-class, (and is) flying home coach. That's how we roll in Philly," Sikahema said.

Canseco told Channel 10 NBC in Philly that he'd like to fight Sikahema again. If Sikahema won't do it, there's a line five miles long willing to challenge the former MLB slugger the next time around, according to Bernard Fernandez of the Philadelphia Daily News:

(Fight promoter Damon) Feldman said he has received nearly 2,000 e-mails from people who'd like a shot at Canseco, including, he claimed, third-party representatives professing to represent former champions Mike Rossman, Ray Mercer and Bobby Czyz. Canseco wisely has said he'd prefer not to mix it up with real pro fighters, at least not initially.

Canseco went through this public humiliation for just $35,000. Better yet, Canseco may have fought for free. He owes his former lawyer Robert Saunooke $342,000 in overdue legal fees. Saunooke, who said he would double Sikahema's winnings, actually played football at BYU in 1988 shortly after Sikahema ('80-'85).

Sikahema will donate $5,000 of his $25,000 purse to the widow of a Philadelphia police sergeant who was killed in the line of duty earlier this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box...?urn=box,93737

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    anyone have a link to the vid? I would love to see it, lol

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    you can find it on youtube. i just saw the highlight of him getting knocked down. he was on the radio station here in my area and he was talking shit. so im happy he got his ass beat.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    you can find it on youtube. i just saw the highlight of him getting knocked down. he was on the radio station here in my area and he was talking shit. so im happy he got his ass beat.
    Yeah I'd love to see him get slapped around. Guess it will have to wait till tonight. Youtube is blocked here at work

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah he got knocked the fvck out!

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    http://youbeenblinded.com/vai-sikahe...-jose-canseco/

this is the best i could do... anyone find all 90 seconds of the fight?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I know Jose and his brother Ozzie, they're ok in my book.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Inky-e, would you feel differently if Jose told the world your real name and said he watched you do AAS? I am not saying I would not feel different if I knew him, but I always appreciated when my friends keep my secrets. We all have a few things we probably would appreciate our friends not to talk about. In any event, I do not dislike Jose, but do not think he should have underestimated the ability of a boxer in a boxing match. Not that he would need it, but I would imagine Jose could do some damage with a baseball bat.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    awesome

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    good thing he got KO for being a snitch on everyone.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Steroids do not equal fighting skills.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    he got worked!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    um...muay thai doesn't really have a belt system :P

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I call next on that POS.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    Inky-e, would you feel differently if Jose told the world your real name and said he watched you do AAS? I am not saying I would not feel different if I knew him, but I always appreciated when my friends keep my secrets. We all have a few things we probably would appreciate our friends not to talk about. In any event, I do not dislike Jose, but do not think he should have underestimated the ability of a boxer in a boxing match. Not that he would need it, but I would imagine Jose could do some damage with a baseball bat.
    As long as he doesn't rat me out...he can live.! BTW its not like we are buddies or anything like that. BTW he's a bad tipper.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I like 1 thing about that guy, he tried to get it out in the open that AAS are used, and used in a safe way by most pro athletes.

I just wish he did not try to have to profit from it by selling out people who trusted him.

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    There is nothing that Canseco does that should be a surprise at this point. If you read both of his books, he seems very honest in certain aspects and ridiculous in others. He flip-flops from chapter to chapter, so to see him look good in some people's eyes once the baseball-steroids caper came out in the open, he pulls a stunt like this boxing match. He is the Jose we all know and love (or hate).

love seeing concesco get knocked out

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He so deserved that...To bad he had to become tell all for a couple bucks because I worshiped him as a kid..

joe2009 is offline Associate Member
    totally owned!!!

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    I would like to see him fight either Bonds, Clemens, or McGwire,,, that would be worth 39.95

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    snitches get stitches.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N. View Post
    snitches get stitches.
    snitches get burned up and buried in ditches

Thread Information