Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your mishap buddy.

On a sidenote though, I had to re-read what you typed like 10 times before it got tru to me.

Here's what i saw... highlighted in bold:

^^i.e. "I'm into the rear end, installing a healthy 9-inch stroker. I was holding the tool. I was hot and sweaty, and in the process of pounding I slipped. I hit it with substantial force"

I was thinking: How the hell did Big get hurt tapping some booty?

Sorry mate... I have been laid in a day and a half.. My mind's not in the right place

Here's wishing you a very smooth recovery.

-C
    thats funny as hell nark.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Hello all. I've noticed some comments questioning where I've been, as I've been missing in action for a few days. I consider this place home so figured I would offer an explanation.
    One of my hobbies is tinkering with old Corvettes. My present project is a 1979 L82 that I'm making into a street rod. I've just replace the rear end, I'm rebuilding the front end and installing a very healthy 496 cubic inch stroker and beefy 700R4 transmission. Anywho a few nights ago I was at the shop working on it, and was in the process of separating the old ball joints. I was holding the tool in place and using a small sledge-hammer to drive the parts apart. I was hot and sweaty and in the process of pounding I slipped and hit myself in the wrist right above my left hand that was holding the tool. As soon as the hammer contacted my wrist a piece of bone jutted out through the skin about 6 inches from where the hammer hit, I hit it with substantial force to splinter the bone. An easily avoidable accident, I just wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was doing and what's done is done.

so what else you been doing?

whenever i read, "bone jutted through skin," or "substantial force to splinter the bone," i always think of white fluffy clouds. and then pass out.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    hey big i say we start a "were is joker99" thread after getting him banned. your not here for 2 days and this board goes nuts, i took 10 days off and nobody knew i was gone. do you know which bone was fractured? the next month is going to suck not being able to workout or work on the cars. good luck bro and hope you heal fast
    I knew you were gone bro.

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your mishap buddy.

On a sidenote though, I had to re-read what you typed like 10 times before it got tru to me.

Here's what i saw... highlighted in bold:

^^i.e. "I'm into the rear end, installing a healthy 9-inch stroker. I was holding the tool. I was hot and sweaty, and in the process of pounding I slipped. I hit it with substantial force"

I was thinking: How the hell did Big get hurt tapping some booty?

Sorry mate... I have been laid in a day and a half.. My mind's not in the right place

Here's wishing you a very smooth recovery.

-C
    You know me well Nark
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    Damm brother that licks balls... Aren't you on a new cycle???? Didn't you wreck your bike while on a cycle last time???? I don't know brother maybe when you cycle you should just go to the gym and sit at home.....LOL
    Really do hope your OK though man... I kid cause i care... you need anything let us know ok
    I busted myself up on the bike before in week 10 of a cycle, right now I'm cruising, this recovery will be much faster than that one lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Sorry about the injury Big.I hope you have a relatively quick and smooth recovery. I've built a few Chevy motors, I can easily see that 496 inch motor puttin out 600 hp with 10-1 pistons and decent heads. What size cam you runnin in it?
    Lunati 310/310 .525/.525 I wanted it streetable.
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    so what else you been doing?

whenever i read, "bone jutted through skin," or "substantial force to splinter the bone," i always think of white fluffy clouds. and then pass out.
    I was back at the shop today, I hired a guy to turn wrenches for now and I do what I can with one hand and tell him what to do so the project can move forward.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I knew you were gone bro.

You know me well Nark

I busted myself up on the bike before in week 10 of a cycle, right now I'm cruising, this recovery will be much faster than that one lol.

Lunati 310/310 .525/.525 I wanted it streetable.

I was back at the shop today, I hired a guy to turn wrenches for now and I do what I can with one hand and tell him what to do so the project can move forward.
    Did it take you 10 mins to peck out that message with your gimp hand ?

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Glad your Ok brother...Really. kinda wondering what happened to your ass. Hoping for the best but thinking the worst...lol
    Just remember you telling me about your motorcycle mishap

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Did it take you 10 mins to peck out that message with your gimp hand ?
    I still have my good hand, as you may recall I'm pretty quick with it.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    Glad your Ok brother...Really. kinda wondering what happened to your ass. Hoping for the best but thinking the worst...lol
    Just remember you telling me about your motorcycle mishap
    Yeah that was nasty, in contrast this is nothing.

Blog Entries
    I still have my good hand, as you may recall I'm pretty quick with it.
    Your right hand does have better grip

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    good to see your back bro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    good to see your back bro
    glad to be back

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    glad to be back
    lol. it never ends with you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    lol. it never ends with you

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear that buddy. thank god it was not worse. i know you will heal fast your a stud.

Johnny_Rotten is offline Associate Member
    Damn Big, sorry to hear that mate.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Nark HAHAHA that was great man

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    damn dude get better soon

will_work is offline Associate Member
    damn bro really shitty...no lie hope you get better fast i was wondering where you went or what happen.

did you ever get my p.m i sent you a week ago?

it wasn't your good hand was it

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I like how you referred to yourself in the third person in the thread title. I have a friend that does that and its hilarious. Ok then.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    Yeah, Big, good luck with the recovery...what did the doc say?

Here is a pic of my foot that was re-bult from a puddy that magically turns into bone, just so you can be glad nothing this horrible happened to your wrist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where has Big been?-exfix1.jpg  
    Last edited by AnimalGear; 07-27-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by will_work View Post
    damn bro really shitty...no lie hope you get better fast i was wondering where you went or what happen.

did you ever get my p.m i sent you a week ago?

it wasn't your good hand was it
    If I didn't reply I must not have gotten it, re-send please. I get lots of pm's and miss some.

Recovery is going well, I got to see the x-rays and the bone didn't actually break in two, it splintered the edge of the bone, which still hurts like hell but should heal faster than a break. Doc said he hadn't seen one split in this fashion, just the angle the hammer hit I guess. Regardless it could have been worse.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGear View Post
    Yeah, Big, good luck with the recovery...what did the doc say?

Here is a pic of my foot that was re-bult from a puddy that magically turns into bone, just so you can be glad nothing this horrible happened to your wrist
    what happened there bro?
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Well I crashed my moped into the back of a truck that was stopped at a light. Not my best moment but shit happens. I should have gone head into rear-windshield so i'm happy to still be alive/not eating thru tube/not having madre change my diapers

I broke everything in the pic that is red. All five metatarcals were completely fractured (like breaking uncooked spaghetti) and the cuboid on the side was smashed into 12pieces and some dust.

The device is called an external fixator and is forcing apart that section of my foot so the cuboid pieces/puddy mixture has xtra room to grow into bone

BIG I don't mean to hijack your thread!!!

drive/ride safe, yo

-ag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where has Big been?-skeleton1234.jpg  
    Last edited by AnimalGear; 07-27-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Big
    Well I crashed my moped into the back of a truck that was stopped at a light. Not my best moment but shit happens. I should have gone head into rear-windshield so i'm happy to still be alive/not eating thru tube/not having madre change my diapers

I broke everything in the pic that is red. All five metatarcals were completely fractured (like breaking uncooked spaghetti) and the cuboid on the side was smashed into 12pieces and some dust.

The device is called an external fixator and is forcing apart that section of my foot so the cuboid pieces/puddy mixture has xtra room to grow into bone

BIG I don't mean to hijack your thread!!!

drive/ride safe, yo

-ag
    ouch, damn that had to hurt. no worries on the hijack I like seeing what adversity others have come back from.
    this is a pic of my ankle after one of my bike accidents, my left foot was twisted around 180 degrees, coming out the back of my ankle. this pic was awaiting surgery where I got lots of cool titanium installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where has Big been?-my-ankle-hurts.jpg  

OUCH...did they rebuild your ankle?

yeah I came out of there pretty thankful for today's medicine. A matter of years ago the both of us could have gone through a lot worse recovery than we did i bet!

Big
    here is after the first surgery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where has Big been?-my-ankle-still-hurts.jpg  

Big
    OUCH...did they rebuild your ankle?

yeah I came out of there pretty thankful for today's medicine. A matter of years ago the both of us could have gone through a lot worse recovery than we did i bet!
    yep, it's good as new.
    did it change the way you ride?
    I still ride, but not as careless now. that same accident I also broke by collar bone and snapped my shoulder blade in two.

Oh it definitely changed the way i ride. First of all my accident was because I got distracted by a girl on the sidewalk...so now I pay more attention.

Also, I learned you have to ride as if everybody else is an idiot.

See breaking multiple areas at once like that sounds really bad...My brother has his degress in high performance auto and modifies his CBR and races and it scares the hell out of me...I had thought about taking up the sport for a hobby but now I don't know. That accident screwed me up!

Big
    a few years before that accident I hit a lady head-on riding a ZX9, she turned across my lane at the last second. That messed me up pretty good and I became more of a defensive rider, but the accident from these pics was no one's fault but my own, private road and just rode past my ability. This really changed the way I ride, I learned that I not only need to watch the other person closer, I need to stay within my limits.

Gears is offline Member
    Oh I figured you were working on your lats. WTB lats like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information