biodiversity is offline Associate Member

crashed with 405lbs squat

I had a cold today but I went to the gym to do squats, I did 5 reps in good form but at the 6th rep I dont know what happened I found myself droping with the weight in a goodmorning position thank god the weight landed on the safety rack and I fall on the ground with 5 secs blackout, after 5 min I reloaded the weight and did another 7 reps so i wont have a squatphobia, anyone had this before?

joe2009 is offline Associate Member
    damm u lucky u didnt **** yaself up, could of got a serious injury, never actually heard of squatphobia

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have when i was younger. I think i wasn't warmed up properly. When all of a sudden I'm using all these muscles and blood pressure jumps up I think it was like a head rush thing, which translated down to my legs pretty much giving out and dropping the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2009 View Post
    damm u lucky u didnt **** yaself up, could of got a serious injury, never actually heard of squatphobia
    my friend tore a ligament when his ankle rolled while he was squating 500lbs+ and now he is afraid to squat even a light weight.
    and yea when i got up i started testing my back and neck to see if there is an injury did some pullups and rows and was ok

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    I have when i was younger. I think i wasn't warmed up properly. When all of a sudden I'm using all these muscles and blood pressure jumps up I think it was like a head rush thing, which translated down to my legs pretty much giving out and dropping the weight.
    yea i think its the cold and fever that caused that, it was stupid to squat while having a fever!

u reckon them vids on the net of people squating and there intenstines and all that come out r real,

u reckon them vids on the net of people squating and there intenstines and all that come out r real,
    yea they use the technic of pushing there stomach out against the belt because a wider base would allow u to handle more weight , I always do it when i max out.

cnt believe there real always expected it to be trick filming

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    I did the same thing a few years ago, I was on my last few reps with the same weight and my spotter wasn't watching and the weight crushed me like a bug. I was stuck in a 3 foot space under the safety rack for a few seconds but I wasn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15 View Post
    I did the same thing a few years ago, I was on my last few reps with the same weight and my spotter wasn't watching and the weight crushed me like a bug. I was stuck in a 3 foot space under the safety rack for a few seconds but I wasn't hurt.
    yea but it hurt your morals! and i was lucky there was only 4 guys at the gym lol!

do lot always use a spotter wen u squat?

do lot always use a spotter wen u squat?
    no i dont and i usually box squat.

Quote Originally Posted by biodiversity View Post
    same

Whenever I parallel squat I want a spotter no matter the weight. Partially as a safety net but also to make sure I'm keeping my form and going down far enough. I usually box squat without a spotter though cuz honestly is one guy gonna be able to do anything if 650 pounds comes down on me? I'll take the safety bar thank you.

makes me laugh watching jay cutlers dvds wen he doin squats and he got his wife as his spotter, cnt see her helping him one lil bit if his legs gave way

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Whenever I parallel squat I want a spotter no matter the weight. Partially as a safety net but also to make sure I'm keeping my form and going down far enough. I usually box squat without a spotter though cuz honestly is one guy gonna be able to do anything if 650 pounds comes down on me? I'll take the safety bar thank you.
    i like box squating because I know how low i am squating and it keep me concentrating on the weight and not asking myself " am i go low enough"

i like box squating because I know how low i am squating and it keep me concentrating on the weight and not asking myself " am i go low enough"
    Me too. Plus its a good way to pile on the weight and shock your muscles and get over your plateaus

Strategus is offline Female Member
    That's a good reason not to w/o (at least not heavy lifts like SQUATS) when you're sick. Shouldn't w/o at ALL if you're running a fever.

That squat bar could have caused a serious injury to your back or something as IT and you were falling.

Let your body recover from the illness - the gym will still be there in 4 or 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategus View Post
    That's a good reason not to w/o (at least not heavy lifts like SQUATS) when you're sick. Shouldn't w/o at ALL if you're running a fever.

That squat bar could have caused a serious injury to your back or something as IT and you were falling.

Let your body recover from the illness - the gym will still be there in 4 or 5 days.
    That's a chance I'm not willing to take

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    This could happen to YOU:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crashed with 405lbs squat-document.jpg  

3v1lj03 is offline Junior Member
    You guys don't squat to failure?? I see stars at least half the time when I squat. Scares the crap out of everybody in the gym when I collapse in the squat rack.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    This could happen to YOU:
    Sorry for the quick hijack but how did anabolic steroids cause the injuries.......looked more like a missed Olympic lift than the results of AAS.....LOL Funny: the caption, not the injury.

And squatphobia is real Seriously, I've been block training for the last few years and as of late, my knees have felt kinda funny. No real pain but I was constantly aware of things sliding in the knees so I was a little anxious under even light 3x3 weight. Finally, a week ago, I was repping with 255 (real live butt to the ground way past parallel) and I just got the jitters. The weight isn't heavy and it's more of a focus exercise but I felt squatphobia setting in. Anyway, I stayed away from the squat rack and did BB style lifts for a week and after the week off, the knees felt fine, I realised that my stnace had been out of whack, and the phobia was gone. I'd hate to be afraid of the rack and I'm glad to hear that you got back on the proverbial horse...just maybe don't rep out with 405 when you've got a fever! Smith it or set the safety bars higher or....don't squat sick Good luck and happy lifting!

ouch, to the turkey

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would of left the gym and rested at home after the blackout.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    No big deal. That's what the racks are for. On another note, you shouldn't be squatting or really working out when you have a cold. Your body is already trying to heal itself then you stress it out more and only prolong the cold.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I bottomed out on the start of the 6th rep on 405 tonight as well.

Low-BG issues... and i breathed incorrectly coming out of the bucket.

Thread Information