gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Bad Car Accident

I got in a bad accident the other night. Dont really remember how it happend. But i hit a light pole head on. Got alot of bumps and bruises. Few on my head maybe thats why i dont remember. I went to the impound to see my car. OMG im lucky to be alive. I didnt know what kind of car it was from the front. It was a mercedes and i know the car saved my life. Also i was able to climb out and walk away.

mex83 is offline " I Can Make Your Days And Nights Look Like Fantasy "
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I got in a bad accident the other night. Dont really remember how it happend. But i hit a light pole head on. Got alot of bumps and bruises. Few on my head maybe thats why i dont remember. I went to the impound to see my car. OMG im lucky to be alive. I didnt know what kind of car it was from the front. It was a mercedes and i know the car saved my life. Also i was able to climb out and walk away.
    You are one lucky damn bastard you know that right....

I got hit on the side by some lady that was in a brand new SUV last year.... She was on the phone and was going about 75 miles all of the sudden the traffic stopped and she stepped on the break and that SUV just starting swinging well... it hit my poor red 97 Honda Civic, yeah it was a goner.... worse part was that she just kept on driving and I was left there......

dbl d is offline Junior Member
    damn , did u pass out at the wheel. good to hear ur good bro

facile is offline Member
    glad to hear you are okay. I have walked away from 2, luckily it wasn't your time, especially didn't you just get married ?

How's your head, I mean mentally it took me a bit to get right, Post tramatic Stress is common.

good luck with your recovery

Quote Originally Posted by dbl d View Post
    damn , did u pass out at the wheel. good to hear ur good bro
    I didnt pass out. I remember hearing the tires squeel and the crash and thats it. I wasnt drinking

Blog Entries
    Pooooor gixxer-locs

Quote Originally Posted by facile View Post
    glad to hear you are okay. I have walked away from 2, luckily it wasn't your time, especially didn't you just get married ?

How's your head, I mean mentally it took me a bit to get right, Post tramatic Stress is common.

good luck with your recovery
    It was ok till i saw the car. I didnt realise how bad the accident was. Im so glad she wasnt with me. I'm still freaked out

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    glad to hear your ok. bet you glad you had on your seat belt and the air bag deployed.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    thats weired that you dont remember.....crap...are you ON something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    I dont know if you ever been in accident Cal, but when you are hit you do tend to go blank for a few mins its the shock from the hit that makes your mind go blank...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214 View Post
    glad to hear your ok. bet you glad you had on your seat belt and the air bag deployed.
    I do have to agree with Wascaptain. no doubt seat belts and aig bags do save lifes.... thats what saved mine when the lady hit me on the side.... my poor Honda I missed red chili ( that was his name)

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    no i wasnt on anything. I honestly didnt know i hit a pole until a saw the car. But i have a black eye and bunch of lumps on my head so im sure that and the shock r why

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    damn man, glad you're ok that's a scary story!

Blog Entries
    sorry about your bad luck. hope all is well, and that u can still train.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    damn sorry to hear that bro...accidents suck...glad to hear that you are ok though man...and definately a good thing your new wife wasn't with you....hope she is taking good care of you

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    glad to hear you're okay bro.

Thank you everyone. Does anyone know how an insurance company figures on what a car is worth, I looked at kelly blue book and dealers are selling my car for alot more then blue book is worth

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Thank you everyone. Does anyone know how an insurance company figures on what a car is worth, I looked at kelly blue book and dealers are selling my car for alot more then blue book is worth
    insurance companies usually go by blue book value.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    yep and all the x-tra's you had on the car, if any are lost cause w/o reciepts or if they are insured as well
    sorry to hear about the wreck...

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    what car did u have. And u can try to get as much as possible by letting ur insurance company if u paid for any added options. Like roof carriage and navigations. E.t.c i had a bmw and wrecked it. Got alittle less than what it was worth. But usually they are fair.
    Oh good to hear ur okay.
    cars can always be replaced, no matter how much u love urs ..

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Get an MRI done on your head man, I was in an accident the same way only to find ten years later in a minor motorcycle accident i got a MRI done and found a ping pong ball size part of my left front brain was damaged from that accident 10 years ago.,vyj,mvcghvhj cghkghlj...

derrrr just kidding but for real my head got fuked up.

glamazonprince is offline New Member
    glad ur ok-i was in a bad wreck myself 13 months ago-i was in the hospital for 3 and a half months-im just now back to normal-i agree about a well built car saving your life-i think its worth it to have a well made car-thanks to the car i survived impact but i didnt have my seat belt on and had the top down and i was thrown 45 feet from the car -thats where most of my injuries came from.if they dont offer you enough money for your your car ask for a replacement-most insurance will at least replace the same model and year-its your right to be made whole-not better -but at least made whole-dont settle for nothing-which is most likely what theyll offer.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Man that sucks, glad you're ok.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank god that no one was hurt

B4ckfire479 is offline Junior Member
    You sure got lucky, man...and even luckier as your wife wasn't in the car with you.

My mother was in one a few years ago...a driver who passed out at the wheel of a pickup truck due to insulin shock slammed broadside into her car. She was seriously injured but she's made a recovery. As she was driving a big car ('85 Buick Riviera)it spared her from death.

I was supposed to go with her, but I had to work then. Luckier for me as well as I might have been killed
    Last edited by B4ckfire479; 08-09-2008 at 11:25 AM.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Glad to hear that you are OK!!

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glamazonprince View Post
    i was thrown 45 feet from the car -thats where most of my injuries came from.
    you are lucky you survived bro, most times when people are ejected from vehicles they are d.o.a. or worse...

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sometimes its just not your time to go. I have had a similar experience witha very bad accident which I dont really remember. I walked away but somehow the car had damage on all 4 sides, broke all the glass except the rear 1/4 windows on a 99 sunfire gt. I hit a highway sign and spun into another sign. I was speeding lost control and I only remember the glass on my door flying in towards me on the initial impact but I didnt even get cut or hurt it was a miracle.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Accidents are wierd, I've been in too many to get into (one passed out drunk doing 70 on the parkway). Out of the messes I made with my cars, I never even once got a single bruise or cut.

But the odd thing about your accident. Even if you hit your head, you technically should remember the time before you hit the pole.
    And I know why all my accidents happened.

Don't be embarassed if you swerved to save a squirrel and hit a pole. I hit a parked trailer doing that once.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad you are alright.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Wow. Glad to hear you're ok, but get an MRI (if you already haven't) to rule out any brain damage. Sounds like a grade 1 or 2 concussion if you can't remember how it happened.

DesiBoy is offline Associate Member
    You should be really happy, you are so lucky to be alive, most of the people can't make it through a bad car wreck. I am glad to hear you are OK.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR View Post
    Wow. Glad to hear you're ok, but get an MRI (if you already haven't) to rule out any brain damage. Sounds like a grade 1 or 2 concussion if you can't remember how it happened.
    Yeh just curious. If you DO get a concussion don't you typically forget everything AFTER the event, not before.

Cause I always here people remembering what happened right up untill actual impact, and what caused it.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Yeh just curious. If you DO get a concussion don't you typically forget everything AFTER the event, not before.

Cause I always here people remembering what happened right up untill actual impact, and what caused it.
    It's been a while since my corpsman days, but it sounds like gixxerboy has retrograde amnesia, where he can't remember specific events just before the crash, but he seems to still have his past memories intact. Some brain injuries can result in either anterograde (post-event memory loss), retrograde amnesia, or even both. It just depends on which specific regions of the brain were injured.

outofthebox is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    insurance companies usually go by blue book value.
    If i'm not mistaken you can actually appeal any number they give you originally if you can prove that EVERY car your year make and model are being sold in a certain distance from your house is going for higher than kbb

Thread Information