quadsofsteel is offline Junior Member

starting chantix

well, this is it heh. im finally gonna quit smoking with the chantix pills. Now mabe i can finally break over some serious plateaus caused by cigarettes. Wish me luck people. man.... im gonna f**king need it.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    good luck.

i think you'll be fine

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    best of luck.

B4ckfire479 is offline Junior Member
    Be careful using chantix...

Go here for some info about side effects commonly found with chantix

http://www.**list.com/cgi/generic/chantix_ad.htm

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    It may be hard, but the best way is cold turkey. I gave myself a time frame of quiting. My last cigg was on 4/19. I havent had one since. You need to examine your surroundings and see what can set you up for failure and eliminate them. Anything that will make come in contact with smoking needs to be removed from your life and replaced with something else. For example, if all your friends smoke, then you can not hangout with them for a long time. Im talking months here or more. It needs to be long enough for you to become used to smoking not being part of your life. Life is all about routines. You have to become accustomed to the new routine of no smoking to be successful. Ive been sober for almost 3 years and i am just now starting to feel comfortable around alcohol again. So I am applying what I learned from sobriety to my nicotine addiction.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Good luck!!!

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    good luck man...it is definately hard to do...i quit last year around this time for 3 months and ended up starting up again...i just recently decided i needed to quit if i really wanted to get in the best shape of my life...its been 2 weeks since i've had one and don't crave any at all...and i agree that cold turkey is the easiest way...there is no oh i'll smoke 1 a day...bullshit LOL that don't happen

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quadsofsteel View Post
    well, this is it heh. im finally gonna quit smoking with the chantix pills. Now mabe i can finally break over some serious plateaus caused by cigarettes. Wish me luck people. man.... im gonna f**king need it.

Chantix has produced some amazing results for some of my clients (mentally ill adults). I've seen several be able to quit after decades of smoking. And we are taking about a population with lots of other issues that makes it much more difficult for them to accomplish something like this than an average person (i.e. due to co-morbidity). I'm talking about people with paraniod schizophrenia, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, overweight, smokers. People with poor self-image. People with no significan other and few friends, etc.

This same group was unable to quit with nic gum, the patch, wellbutrin, etc. Chantix and bang, quit. Two clients within the past 2 months, one guy this was his first try in a couple decades and I didn't think he had a shot in hell of quitting, figured if he joined a cessation group he could get comfortable with the idea, etc and in a few years MAYBE be able to quit. Well after like 3-4 weeks of chantix he quit after giving away his cigs. He then threw out his ashtray and hasn't looked back. I was amazed when I learned he quit.

Some ppl can't tolerate the side effects tho, if you get the bad ones I can see why ppl would come off it.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    It's very important not to take the chantix on an empty stomach, even if you're in a hurry. eat something, drink a big glass of milk, whatever.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Good luck bro. Some pretty good advice here and hope the Chantix works for you.

Zipper is offline Associate Member
    Chantix worked great for me. I quit after taking it for just two weeks and have not smoked in almost a year! I dont have any cravings at all. Good luck bro!

tbaylight26 is offline Junior Member
    I quit about a year ago using Chantix. Good luck.
    You will be glad you did.

thx for all the support people... yea i think cold turkey is the way to go also. lol one a day does not work for shit. so far so good, almost 24 hours and no cigarette. lol this would have been the perfect time to run a bulking cycle....man i got the munchies for some poptarts. but im cutting so it aint gonna happen.

ive also read about all them side effects nausea, vomiting, etc. lucky for me none of them have happen.... knock on wood.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    i have a friend taking this right now. i think he's on day 12 or so, quit smoking on day 9... he's gone to have a puff, and says it tastes really weird and he doesn't feel like smoking at all. i quit a couple years ago (cold turkey). i was a real bitch for the first week, but ever since, it's great to see how my body recovered over the next year or so. it's worth it to quit. good luck!

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I used Chantix. It works really well. I also had some sides but stuck with it for 2 moths. Good luck man.
    I had nightsweats, nightmares, and depression. But I kept telling myself I was going to reward myself with a nice big fat cycle when I was through.

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm on my second maintenance pack box and STILL smoking. Its like the only thing this stuff does for me is give me an occasional "rock gut" stomach ache about 30 min. after I take the pill. I've been taking them as I'm supposed to. I'm about to give up. I did the first week starter pack, quit for half a day. Got a little stressed, didn't flinch, and figured I would just quit when

Well... 4th pack, second box and nada. Still smoking. Even tried to start smoking cigars since you don't inhale those and see if its a mental thing. Still the same shit. Still smoke cigs. This is my last box. If I don't quit, screw it.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisinturn1 View Post
    I'm on my second maintenance pack box and STILL smoking. Its like the only thing this stuff does for me is give me an occasional "rock gut" stomach ache about 30 min. after I take the pill. I've been taking them as I'm supposed to. I'm about to give up. I did the first week starter pack, quit for half a day. Got a little stressed, didn't flinch, and figured I would just quit when

Well... 4th pack, second box and nada. Still smoking. Even tried to start smoking cigars since you don't inhale those and see if its a mental thing. Still the same shit. Still smoke cigs. This is my last box. If I don't quit, screw it.
    Read what i posted if you didnt. Something is setting you up for failure. Its not just you. If you are just going to the store and buying them to smoke, then you are not really trying. If you around smokers and have access to bum cigarettes, then that has to change. I still have a long way to go, but I havent smoked since 4/19. Why would I want to ruin my body? Ive work so hard on keeping healthy. A cigg to me is not an option anymore.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    It's poison and you have to BUY it. $3,600/yr AFTER TAXES I saved the first year I quit.

Chantix isn't magic, it isn't going to jump out of your mouth and slap a lit cigarette out of your mouth.

Pick a quit date. Tell a few close friends what that date is and ask for support. Give away all your cigs and get rid of lighters, ashtrays, etc.
    Make a long list of substitute behaviors you will do (chew sugerfree gum, suck on sugerless candy, drink a glass of water, go for a walk around the block, do 20 pushups, etc, etc, etc and every time you get a mental or physical craving push yourself to do one of the substitute behaviors).

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Just picture Ron Jeremy's cock going in your mouth every time you want to put a butt to your lips. Plus he says, "Take it like a man."

whatsup!! its been a couple of days since ive been on the forum and im still taking chantix and its working great. so far, 6days and no smoking without a sweat. to all you smokers out there, gotta try this stuff. (lol no im not a friggin sales rep for chantix)

Thread Information