musclestack is offline Productive Member

need info. please help

Hey, guys. I haven't posted on here in a while; been pretty busy working lately. Anyways, I've been offered a one-year term job overseas in Zambia Africa. Contract states that it will wire transfer money at the end of each month to my account in the United States. A friend of mine told me that I could make money by keeping the money there with me until my term is up, then taking the money to Canada to make an exchange there first. Then, make the exchange from Canada to the U.S., and since the Canadian dollar is worth significantly more than the U.S. dollar, I would actually make a nice profit on this. Is this true, or just jibberish?

Does anyone have any insight on this? It's kinda greek to me, so I was hoping some of you could help. Thanks a bunch. MS

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    canadian dollar is worth more? I thought it was almost the same and worth about .6 less

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    well lets see, lets say you make 1,000,000 dollars of zambian money then when you convert it to canadian dollars you get 312.599 Canadian dollars, then when you convert it to US you get 294.946 US dollars

now lets take 1,000,000 of zambian money and convert directly to US and you get 294.9852 US dollars, so i think you're losing money

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Maybe he is thinking of the Euro.

Thread Information