xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

FreeDOOM is offline Associate Member
    f em lets spend a hundred billion on the stupid thing to learn what nothing. What can you possible do with this information. Wow we discovered the 4th dimension lets go their and drill for oil so we dont have to pay so much for gas.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Did you all have a little stomach today? Well that's cause everything in this galaxy shrunk about 15cm. but since it was everything you wouldn't know. Except that god told me so.

Just kidding ofcourse but I had a tummy ache so i'm blaming this fvcking thing!

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't get why people just have to explane everything, and cant just leave shit alone.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    i don't get why people just have to explane everything, and cant just leave shit alone.
    can you please explain what you mean by that?

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Just kidding ofcourse but I had a tummy ache so i'm blaming this fvcking thing!
    wow good thing i had my nightvision goggles on

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    can you please explain what you mean by that?
    lol

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow, everyone hating on the LHC!

It's money spent on something worthwhile, finding out something else. It's not like billions have been sent on watching 4000 troops and rising die.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Science rocks. I suspect we'd all be amazed at supposedly "trivial and expensive" experiments that have led to incredible discoveries. If you don't like science, become a Muslim, move to Afghanistan, Somalia, or some other 3rd world shithole, and become a proud member of the Taliban or al Qaeda. See how living in the Dark Ages agrees with you.

I'm pretty happy shitting on a Western-style toilet, but that's just me.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I think saying "it might create a black hole" is a bit overkill. If there was a significant chance that it would, no one in their right mind would have built it. Honestly here people, lets think like normal, not-so-f'in-paranoid people, once and a while.

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    I think saying "it might create a black hole" is a bit overkill. If there was a significant chance that it would, no one in their right mind would have built it. Honestly here people, lets think like normal, not-so-f'in-paranoid people, once and a while.
    agreed!if there was even a remote chance of it causing a black hole it would not be allowed

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR View Post
    Science rocks. I suspect we'd all be amazed at supposedly "trivial and expensive" experiments that have led to incredible discoveries. If you don't like science, become a Muslim, move to Afghanistan, Somalia, or some other 3rd world shithole, and become a proud member of the Taliban or al Qaeda. See how living in the Dark Ages agrees with you.

I'm pretty happy shitting on a Western-style toilet, but that's just me.
    Well said

and for those that dont think any good can come out of this. the world wide web was created by researchers at CERN! There is no way of telling what kind of gains can come out of pure curiosity driven science.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    We are naturally, curious creatures by nature.

10,000 years ago, humans were making tools and learning how to harness fire, LONG before religous text was being put down onto paper/slab.

This is a GIANT step for mankind, and quite literally, the sky is the limit!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish we would be told of the projects at CERN more often.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kärnfysikern View Post
    Well said

and for those that dont think any good can come out of this. the world wide web was created by researchers at CERN! There is no way of telling what kind of gains can come out of pure curiosity driven science.
    I wish people could just understand that science and knowledge in general is cumulative. When Fleming discovered penicillin it was because he f-up one of his cultures. If there wasnt other microbiologist at the time doing other experiments that seemed worthless, Fleming would have never understood what he found. One can never know what can come out of science.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    One thing i find fascinating ever since i firt heard about this project some years back is, that if the theories are correct and they find the "God" particle
    It will pretty much prove 100% that the big bang DID happen and all religions are flawed.
    Even Islam..... even though they had the sense to pencil in to the Koran some 80 years ago, a now well known fact that a big bang happend...

I love the way religion twists shit to make it sound like its all a part of gods devine plan......

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    End of the day, crashing two particles of anything in to eachother is going to cause a reaction....... in our world it normally causes an expolsion of some sorts. In dealing with atoms, because protons and neutrons both attract and repel each other there is no real telling what the reaction from crashing them in to each a this scale will result in

Like a star dying... it explodes or implodes....

on that premis you can ever rule out that a black hole will be created from this experiment.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Why we spend so much on stupid crap instead of exploring the universe around us is stupidity. Good for them.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    The machine will pay for its self eventually + Profits as it will be used to create energy.

We need to look into all the energy options we have, or we can just keep complaining about oil, natural gas and propane high prices.

Thread Information