Thread: Beds

kman is offline Anabolic Member

Beds

Friday night after a leg workout and I'm online researching beds!!!! My bed is shot and I'm going tomorrow to look for a new one. I have had this one for 6 years and have no idea what to look for. My friend has a tempurpedic bed, and he swears by it. It also cost 4 g's!!!!!!!! I never really thought of investing in a good bed, but come to think about it, I do have trouble sleeping, and it is important for growing, plus you I spend a good portion of your life in it, so why NOT!!!!!!! Anyone have any recommendations?????

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I just have a couple of queen sized mattresses on the floor

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    i sleep on a couch

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    i got connections, so i get em for free. just wanted to let you know. Also, you should look into a pillow cover for it. im not sure if thats the right term for one, but its essentially a pillow that goes over the mattress, ive never slept better.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    memory foam mattresses are heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    memory foam mattresses are heaven
    That's what I heard, and I'm leaning towards those!!! But, I also heard they are not so great for the sex life, cause there is no bounce!!!!!! Might feel different, but I think a little bounce is good!!! Ever see that commercial where the girl is jumping on a bed with a glass of red wine, and the wine does not spill or move?I'm Just in-visioning me crushing my girl on a bed like that..

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    i got connections, so i get em for free. just wanted to let you know. Also, you should look into a pillow cover for it. im not sure if thats the right term for one, but its essentially a pillow that goes over the mattress, ive never slept better.

A pillow cover for your bed..... interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    A pillow cover for your bed..... interesting....
    intriguing indeed, sir.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    lol are you talking about the foam egg crate looking things jigga?

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    That's what I heard, and I'm leaning towards those!!! But, I also heard they are not so great for the sex life, cause there is no bounce!!!!!! Might feel different, but I think a little bounce is good!!! Ever see that commercial where the girl is jumping on a bed with a glass of red wine, and the wine does not spill or move?I'm Just in-visioning me crushing my girl on a bed like that..
    I had that concern too, but I don't think its made a big difference. And the sleep is great. Plus there are many other places to "do it" besides bed.
    But I don't have a Tempurpedic, those things are too expensive. Just a high quality memory foam with like a 3" mattress pillowing built in on top, so maybe that makes it different. A glass of wine would surely spill off my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skully44420 View Post
    lol are you talking about the foam egg crate looking things jigga?
    Not exactly. Its like a pillow but it fits to the mattress like your bed sheets do.

wukillabee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Not exactly. Its like a pillow but it fits to the mattress like your bed sheets do.
    I know exactly what ur talkin bout, got one myself and love it! DOnt know the real name for it and either does my g/f, haha. Shes all, "Its a fitted, uh, uh why do u want to know?" Haha. They do make a big difference. I could sleep in my bed all day its so damn comfortable along with 400 thread count setup, ahh.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    There are a couple guys at work that swear by the memory foam matress. They only thing they arent crazy about is they say that they get a lil hot on them. 4000 bucks is pretty steep. Last year my wife and I bought a Serta with 3in memory foam, pillow top matress. I love it and it was only 1300 bucks for a queen size. It does make a huge differance with how I rest at night. Its money well spent.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    memory foam temperapedic is what i have,great bed, and you can still bang like a champ on it, no problems.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust View Post
    memory foam temperapedic is what i have,great bed, and you can still bang like a champ on it, no problems.lol
    Just got back and your right, the tempur pedic is the way to go!!! I actually jumped on my girl for a few seconds to give the whole sex thing a test run, and it seems like it would be ok.. Man did I embarrass her!!!!

beefjr22 is offline Banned
    tempurpedic X 2 definitely the way to go if u can afford it

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    a king sized sealy posturpedic is where the magic happens for me...go king it's awesome. I only spent like 1200, I think you gotta replace them like every 10 years. I didn't like memory foam when I tried it, felt too strange and hard.

i have been a bed sales consultant for the past 2 years so im pretty knowledgable (i hope!)

in terms of support (which is really what you need ie something that will take away all pressure from places like lower back, shoulders, hips) the best bed you can get is a water bed. however, i would reccomend a memory foam OR latex topped bed as they both have the ability to mould to your shape and give you support across the whole area of your body.

if you think heat will be a major factor in your decision, then go for latex. memory foam will only work when it warms up and will retain the heat until you get out of bed. there is a new version of the mattress though, still memory foam, but they use what is called 'Outlast' technology. basically, its a silicon based molecule (apparently!) that is held within the memory foam. what it does is expand was it heats but holds the heat away from the body. IMO, a gimmick, and you will pay silly money.

pocket springs with latex is my favourite bed, however i do use a memory foam contoured pillow (go the whole hog, theneck needs support as much as your back!!) which cost me £60 (about $100)

good luck with this man, spend what you can afford, you use this for a third of your life, thats 25 years roughly.

heres my top tips:

-as big a bed as you can afford and have room for -the more space you have to sleep, the better you will sleep
    -get a mattress protector - you use a bed every night, you sweat, you shed skin, and yet its something you can never clean
    -dont get something that is rock hard, unless you are heavy. firm beds for heavy people, soft beds for light people.
    -when in stores, lie on the beds as though you already own it. and lie there for 5-10 minutes on each bed, especially if looking at memory foam.
    -get a new duvet and pillows with the new bed- no point risking cross contamination of dust mites

if theres any other questions, fire away

ps- the sales guy will love you if you buy all this!

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Save yourself some money and get the memory foam mattress topper. Mine is 4 inches thick like this one http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...183214-000-002

I think I got it at Sams if I remember right.

Thread Information