Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flaming. By *ANABOLIC SUPERMAN*

There are rules here on flaming and it seems some members either dont read them or understand them.(Yes im also talking to long time members here). So i'll update everyone on them.

Ive read about 5 threads in the last couple of days with new members starting the with with a 2 similiar phrases '' I know im going to get bashed here but...'' or ''I know from reading previous posts your going to call me a noob but...'', Why are these members so afraid to post? Because so many members here seem to jump on new members with insults and phrasing responses in an unpolite manner.
    If you feel someone has posted a question without doing any research point them in the right direction with a link to the educational threads or a link that would help them instead of '' Get out of here noob do some bloody research''(Yes this is a flame and yes this is baiting an argument). Yes i understand members can get frustrated with new members uneducated unresearched posts but either dont respond in the thread or post something useful.
    Think to yourself before your post '' Will my response be insulting to that member''.
    I have been thinking.. If these 5 members are scared to post here imagine how many more there is? And do you know what? Those 5 posts were actually great posts with valid questions. Lets not deprive other potential new members of advice they need by scaring them off.

On to other flames - Condesending-Patronising-Baiting responses are all FLAMES or at least starting a flame.. So as i said earlier '' THINK BEFORE YOU POST''.

If you want to add anything to this let me know.

kaju is offline Associate Member
    I'm glad you bought this up. But here is a problem I cannot seem to get around when posting. It is hard to type out wording sometimes without sounding like a jerk. if you are not in my presence and not hearing the tone of my voice and not seeing my gestures you cannot get what I am saying.i.e........................................ ........
    That girl is hot. Now, do I mean she is over heated and needs to sit in air conditioning? Or do I mean she needs me to come and give her some good loving. do I mean she is very nice to look at. If you were in my presence and could see and hear me you would know what I'm talking about. That being said I know you are talking about there are some bashers out there. I have been a victim of the bashers myself. Simply because they didn't get what I was typing out and visa versa. People thought I was bashing them because they didn't get my humor. just my two cents.

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *ANABOLIC SUPERMAN* View Post
    There are rules here on flaming and it seems some members either dont read them or understand them.(Yes im also talking to long time members here). So i'll update everyone on them.

Ive read about 5 threads in the last couple of days with new members starting the with with a 2 similiar phrases '' I know im going to get bashed here but...'' or ''I know from reading previous posts your going to call me a noob but...'', Why are these members so afraid to post? Because so many members here seem to jump on new members with insults and phrasing responses in an unpolite manner.
    If you feel someone has posted a question without doing any research point them in the right direction with a link to the educational threads or a link that would help them instead of '' Get out of here noob do some bloody research''(Yes this is a flame and yes this is baiting an argument). Yes i understand members can get frustrated with new members uneducated unresearched posts but either dont respond in the thread or post something useful.
    Think to yourself before your post '' Will my response be insulting to that member''.
    I have been thinking.. If these 5 members are scared to post here imagine how many more there is? And do you know what? Those 5 posts were actually great posts with valid questions. Lets not deprive other potential new members of advice they need by scaring them off.

On to other flames - Condesending-Patronising-Baiting responses are all FLAMES or at least starting a flame.. So as i said earlier '' THINK BEFORE YOU POST''.

go die!!!!

j/k yeah i see abit of this going on myself

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    bro i dont see much flaming to be honest. ive seen a little in the post whore thread but that is usaully between members who know one another and are joking around. the thing is that ppl come on here with advanced questions when they dont even know the basics. so when ppl tell someone to do some research then thats what they should do. and you also have to understand that when you get the same question 5 times a day it gets old. no one minds answering questions but the problem is that most of the time if they had taken two seconds to scroll down someone else has prolly already asked it. it is hard to explain to ppl what they need to do when they dont understand anything about the subject thats why we tell ppl to research. if someone doesnt know what size needle they should be using, if its a good idea to run dbol alone, winny only cycles, when ppl dont know why they need test, when ppl dont know what pct is then no one here is going to sit on the computer for an hour and spoon feed someone. most questions asked on here are just the basics and if someone doesnt know the basics then its hard for anyone on here to condone them using aas. jmo

breakbones is offline Senior Member

I've read many of these threads myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    bro i dont see much flaming to be honest. ive seen a little in the post whore thread but that is usaully between members who know one another and are joking around. the thing is that ppl come on here with advanced questions when they dont even know the basics. so when ppl tell someone to do some research then thats what they should do. and you also have to understand that when you get the same question 5 times a day it gets old. no one minds answering questions but the problem is that most of the time if they had taken two seconds to scroll down someone else has prolly already asked it. it is hard to explain to ppl what they need to do when they dont understand anything about the subject thats why we tell ppl to research. if someone doesnt know what size needle they should be using, if its a good idea to run dbol alone, winny only cycles, when ppl dont know why they need test, when ppl dont know what pct is then no one here is going to sit on the computer for an hour and spoon feed someone. most questions asked on here are just the basics and if someone doesnt know the basics then its hard for anyone on here to condone them using aas. jmo
    Thats why i posted this in the steroid questions and answers section. Theyve moved it which really defeats the purpose i was aiming at in this thread as thats where most of the flaming goes on.

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    ...the thing is that ppl come on here with advanced questions when they dont even know the basics. so when ppl tell someone to do some research then thats what they should do.
    ... no one minds answering questions but the problem is that most of the time if they had taken two seconds to scroll down someone else has prolly already asked it. it is hard to explain to ppl what they need to do when they dont understand anything about the subject thats why we tell ppl to research. if someone doesnt know what size needle they should be using, if its a good idea to run dbol alone, winny only cycles, when ppl dont know why they need test, when ppl dont know what pct is then no one here is going to sit on the computer for an hour and spoon feed someone. most questions asked on here are just the basics and if someone doesnt know the basics then its hard for anyone on here to condone them using aas. jmo
    Nate, you just nailed the entire matter down for everyone here! thx

At AS, I haven't seen that much flaming as of late and usually the ones who start a flaming war the 90% of the time I've come across one is by new members that only go around repeating stuff they read on other threads... members who have not taken their time doing ANY RESEARCH alone by themselves.

I try to help as much as I can to new memberst but it gets my blood boiling when you advice someone new and THEY CHOSE to not listen to the advice been given to them. Then you SEE THE SAME MEMBER opening up many threads about the same damn subject and that's where even long time members lose it at this few ones who don't listen at all!

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Getting flamed is part of being a newb and asking stupid shit that could be answered if the poster would do a little work and read first. Second..just about everyone gets it to a certain extent early on..its part of the initiation process here...I got it on more than one occasion. AS long as it doesn't get too personal...as in referancing a persons race..ethnicity ..or even making reference to someone's mother...I think its OK. If people are too thin skinned...maybe they don't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by "Maximus" View Post
    Nate, you just nailed the entire matter down for everyone here! thx

At AS, I haven't seen that much flaming as of late and usually the ones who start a flaming war the 90% of the time I've come across one is by new members that only go around repeating stuff they read on other threads... members who have not taken their time doing ANY RESEARCH alone by themselves.

I try to help as much as I can to new memberst but it gets my blood boiling when you advice someone new and THEY CHOSE to not listen to the advice been given to them. Then you SEE THE SAME MEMBER opening up many threads about the same damn subject and that's where even long time members lose it at this few ones who don't listen at all!
    Tbh i disagree a lot of experienced members start of lot of the flaming when it can be controlled in a different manner when noobs as you say start the flaming maybe we as longer members should take the high ground( I have been involved in silly arguments in the past so i know this hard). Yes when new members repeat things theyve only read in other threads instead of actual research is it not easier just to say '' Sorry Bro youre wrong.... This is why...'' then that will be educating them.

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Getting flamed is part of being a newb and asking stupid shit that could be answered if the poster would do a little work and read first. Second..just about everyone gets it to a certain extent early on..its part of the initiation process here...I got it on more than one occasion. AS long as it doesn't get too personal...as in referancing a persons race..ethnicity ..or even making reference to someone's mother...I think its OK. If people are too thin skinned...maybe they don't belong here.
    No it shouldnt be part of the initiation ceremony (Not that im a never up for a bit of fun and games) is because other members see a little fun of a noob going on and you always get someone who goes too far who thinks they are just jumping on the bandwagon because of previous posts they think its ok to do so.

I agree w/you.. in fact, the majority of time I do that myself. Honestly, I never bash at a new member. But sometimes is pointless to try to educate someone who's hard headed and stubborn and won't plain listen to anything you're saying...

I like that fact that you're trying to address this in a civilized way, but nor you or me can change the way this behemoth of a forum has been operating for years! That's the true reality bro.
    Last edited by "Maximus"; 09-16-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    I agree w/you.. in fact, the majority of time I do that myself. Honestly, I never bash at a new member. But sometimes is pointless to try to educate someone who's hard headed and stubborn and won't plain listen to anything you're saying...
    so true

[QUOTE= I agree w/you.. in fact, the majority of time I do that myself. Honestly, I never bash at a new member. But sometimes is pointless to try to educate someone who's hard headed and stubborn and won't plain listen to anything you're saying...
    Reply With Quote[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It seems when we get to this point that the a lot the flaming starts instead of just walking away.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    geez this thread sukks

wtf!

lol

just playing. this topic does need to be brought up time and time again so its fresh in everyones mind

I like that fact that you're trying to address this in a civilized way, but nor you or me can change the way this behemoth of a forum has been operating for years! That's the true reality bro.
    Thanks.. Well we can try might not make a difference but no harm in giving it a shot.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    I agree 100% with superman...for one thing its a rule...NO FLAMING!!!...yes there ill be question that are easily answered with reading...yes we will get questions that dont make sense..Yes we will get question that are just plain stupid...but we do not have to lower ourselves by knocking it...WE and i mean WE all are not perfect...i'm glad superman wrote this cause Ive been on the vrege of doing it for a while now(prepping for another show so my mind is clouded)...but there a few guys on here with not that many posts that will try and answer but have a smart ass comment to say...i will be addressing you on the open forum from now on...The rule is NO FLAMING...if you break the rule i'll see to it that you're suspended or Even BANNED.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    geez this thread sukks

wtf!

lol

just playing. this topic does need to be brought up time and time again so its fresh in everyones mind
    What.... your the biggest trouble maker here you wont believe how many times ive reported you to admin.. Ghheeezzzzzzzz.

Reality is if we made it a point to NOT flame or to jump on the one and report the member doing it t will no longer happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
    I agree 100% with superman...for one thing its a rule...NO FLAMING!!!...yes there ill be question that are easily answered with reading...yes we will get questions that dont make sense..Yes we will get question that are just plain stupid...but we do not have to lower ourselves by knocking it...WE and i mean WE all are not perfect...i'm glad superman wrote this cause Ive been on the vrege of doing it for a while now(prepping for another show so my mind is clouded)...but there a few guys on here with not that many posts that will try and answer but have a smart ass comment to say...i will be addressing you on the open forum from now on...The rule is NO FLAMING...if you break the rule i'll see to it that you're suspended or Even BANNED.
    Thanks Bigmax. Great post. Sorry i beat you to it. lol

Reality is if we made it a point to NOT flame or to jump on the one and report the member doing it t will no longer happen.
    True and I agree! Thx for the support/help you provide on the forums bro.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    What.... your the biggest trouble maker here you wont believe how many times ive reported you to admin.. Ghheeezzzzzzzz.
    haha, you love me

My pleasure!!!!!....Ive been there bro's...where I need help and no where to go...Need an opinion and unless you're willing to PAY someone they wont talk to you...Thank goodness I have a hell of a BBing coach or coaches...Have a won some important shows and am ranked....so i will give back...anyone that has pmed me knows with great courtesy ive answered and have given the best of my advise or opinion...so WE all need to do the same....One word will sum it up bro's...RESPECT!

Be back gotta go eat...hahahaha

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    true. INKY for s.com perz

My pleasure!!!!!....Ive been there bro's...where I need help and no where to go...Need an opinion and unless you're willing to PAY someone they wont talk to you...Thank goodness I have a hell of a BBing coach or coaches...Have a won some important shows and am ranked....so i will give back...anyone that has pmed me knows with great courtesy ive answered and have given the best of my advise or opinion...so WE all need to do the same....One word will sum it up bro's...RESPECT!
    damn... BigM, that word carries a lot of weight! Thanks for sharing w/all of us man.

Although your point is taken...Still Inky...Its a RULE here...NO FLAMING...Sorry you got it on more than one occasion but you shouldnt have...Had i seen it trust me it wouldve been addressed...Unless you're making millions have won numerous olympias then maybe that someone has room to talk...But NOT to flame.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Although your point is taken...Still Inky...Its a RULE here...NO FLAMING...Sorry you got it on more than one occasion but you shouldnt have...Had i seen it trust me it wouldve been addressed...Unless you're making millions have won numerous olympias then maybe that someone has room to talk...But NOT to flame.
    Big Brother...I take it in stride...I only really took issue with one member one time who referanced my mother in a post...and I assure you that it wouldn't have happened in a face to face.....so I let it go without hurtful words in retaliation...I know the difference between tongue in cheek comments and downright no holds barred flaming where people are actually gonna feel hurt or disrespected....I have my fun from time to time..but I know who I can joke with and those i can't or shouldn't. I remember a thread I started early on saying that my wife said my dick looked and felt bigger on test....hahahah you should have seen what came my way!!hahaha It was funny and a couple times I got "Owned"...I guess I'm just not THAT sensitive...after all I AM a Filthy old Biker...and have seen and heard alot in my life! So its all good to me.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    I think that no response to people who prove to be ignorant, stubborn and uneducated on certain topics is the best policy. You can get into an argument with them, but then thats just giving them more time to speak and waste everyones time with what they want to say. Its better to disregard these people completely.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    haha, you love me

Yes i do. (kiss kiss)

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Keep this up and ill have admin remove your stars !

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

Keep this up and ill have admin remove your stars !
    Still with the stars what is going to make you forget this?

Blog Entries
    Still with the stars what is going to make you forget this?

Honestly that was one of the funnest threads ever. Sorry but your stuck with it for life now.

Honestly that was one of the funnest threads ever. Sorry but your stuck with it for life now.

What thread? i have no idea what your talking about.

Blog Entries
    What thread? i have no idea what your talking about.
    Some might think that after you went and edited all your posts !

Classic haha

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    My pleasure!!!!!....Ive been there bro's...where I need help and no where to go...Need an opinion and unless you're willing to PAY someone they wont talk to you...Thank goodness I have a hell of a BBing coach or coaches...Have a won some important shows and am ranked....so i will give back...anyone that has pmed me knows with great courtesy ive answered and have given the best of my advise or opinion...so WE all need to do the same.... One word will sum it up bro's...RESPECT!
    Agreed 110%

There's nothing that says if someone asks a retarded question you have to answer it.

If you know that you're not gonna answer the question properly or if you're just gonna flame the guy. Just Don't Post

Some might think that after you went and edited all your posts !

Classic haha
    Me? Never.......... So off topic but who you think was at fault? and tbh that was one of the reasons i started this thread.

0tolerance is offline Associate Member
    I run a forum myself, nowhere near as gigantic as this...
    its a youth support forums, way more touchy than this place.
    my forum has active staff so flaming is shot down pretty fast and people will report something as soon as they are offended.

But i think if there were some more moderators on here and people actively reported flaming then this problem would probably diminish... i wouldnt say it would go away, but decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by 0tolerance View Post
    I run a forum myself, nowhere near as gigantic as this...
    its a youth support forums, way more touchy than this place.
    my forum has active staff so flaming is shot down pretty fast and people will report something as soon as they are offended.

But i think if there were some more moderators on here and people actively reported flaming then this problem would probably diminish... i wouldnt say it would go away, but decrease.
    Its probably because big has been away members have been thinking they can away with it at the moment but big's back. Also i agree this forum could do with an extra couple of mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information