Thread: Organization

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Organization

I’ve always been so awful with it, I’ve always blamed it on ADHD but I really need to get my organization on par.

For a long time, I’ve just figured I’d meet a girl who was organized to keep me on track. It’s out of the question though, I can’t depend on someone else to do it for me.

I think a lot of organization comes down to a routine and self discipline. To improve on those, I’ve been waking up at 5:30 every day, working out for an hour, then running 3 miles. I’m working by 8 every day.

Anyone have any tips? Or experiences that helped them to become more organized? Looking for anything, an inspiring life experience, video, song, motivational video or tape?

I’ve done quite well for myself, just because of my work ethic and loving what I do, but I’d be a millionaire by now if I was organized, no joke.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I’ve always been so awful with it, I’ve always blamed it on ADHD but I really need to get my organization on par.

For a long time, I’ve just figured I’d meet a girl who was organized to keep me on track. It’s out of the question though, I can’t depend on someone else to do it for me.

I think a lot of organization comes down to a routine and self discipline. To improve on those, I’ve been waking up at 5:30 every day, working out for an hour, then running 3 miles. I’m working by 8 every day.

Anyone have any tips? Or experiences that helped them to become more organized? Looking for anything, an inspiring life experience, video, song, motivational video or tape?

I’ve done quite well for myself, just because of my work ethic and loving what I do, but I’d be a millionaire by now if I was organized, no joke.
    Women are the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Women are the devil.
    You'll hear that phrase come out of my mouth a few times a day. I still harbor a respectable hate for Susan B. Anthony, she ruined my life!

KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member

You just gotta do it. Its real hard for me to keep my house clean, i hate cleaning i dont mind clothes all over the floor but for some reason when finally just clean up and get my stuff organized i just feel better and it makes me wanna stay organized more and the girl thing definately helps find a clean freak and your set lol thats really my advice

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    So would everyone. Buy a file cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    So would everyone. Buy a file cabinet.
    It takes more than organization to prosper, going to assume as you are able to type you can figure that out.

Either way, thanks for the filing cabinet tip, I’ll add it in my PDA to grab one from Staples in the morning.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I’ve just figured I’d meet a girl who was organized to keep me on track. It’s out of the question though, I can’t depend on someone else to do it for me.
    Well, you put it all into perspective right there. The only person who can make you do something is....(cue the drumroll)...YOU.

I laughed my ass off at people in the Navy who joined because they thought someone would change them, wanted someone to change them, and hoped someone would change them. They never realized that THEY changed. After bootcamp, they went back to being the overweight, undermotivated shitbirds they were before they signed up.

Write out a list of realistic goals - it doesn't matter if it's work-related, bodybuilding-related, relationship-related, or what. Think about how you are going to obtain your goals and write up a plan. Start out with the broad idea in mind and then get more and more specific (i.e., monthly goals, weekly goals, daily goals, etc.). Write out your daily schedule and keep it with you. Each time you do something, check it off your list. Reward yourself when you accomplish your goals. Once you get into a habit, it's easier to stick with it. Eventually, you don't need to check things off a list. It becomes second nature.

Consistency and self-discipline are the key. Good luck!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR View Post
    Well, you put it all into perspective right there. The only person who can make you do something is....(cue the drumroll)...YOU.

I laughed my ass off at people in the Navy who joined because they thought someone would change them, wanted someone to change them, and hoped someone would change them. They never realized that THEY changed. After bootcamp, they went back to being the overweight, undermotivated shitbirds they were before they signed up.

Write out a list of realistic goals - it doesn't matter if it's work-related, bodybuilding-related, relationship-related, or what. Think about how you are going to obtain your goals and write up a plan. Start out with the broad idea in mind and then get more and more specific (i.e., monthly goals, weekly goals, daily goals, etc.). Write out your daily schedule and keep it with you. Each time you do something, check it off your list. Reward yourself when you accomplish your goals. Once you get into a habit, it's easier to stick with it. Eventually, you don't need to check things off a list. It becomes second nature.

Normally, I'd be glad someone has my back, but with you I'm a little scared!!

Blog Entries
    Normally, I'd be glad someone has my back, but with you I'm a little scared!!

It only hurts in the beginning, now pucker up butter cup.

Where's my wife's Body Shop Brazil Butt Butter? (searches around...)

It only hurts in the beginning, now pucker up butter cup.

Spot on,

I actually do keep a goal log. A simple memo pad that I review from time to time. I have sections for real estate, my company and sections for what I "want", and steps to achive each. I have my goals on track.

What I really need is just to follow up more, I put off paying bills just as I get heaps and heaps of mail. I operate a reasonably sized company, 10 rental units and am remodeling a home for myself and by the time I get home, I don't feel like going though 20 envelopes of junk mail, balancing out quicken, inputing ledger data for tenant payments, returning 10 messages, cooking dinner or going grocery shopping.

I think I just need to hire a secretary to help 15-20 hours a week and have a maid come by 2 times a week to clean, do laundry and grab my groceries. It would cost me about $250 a week, but I would actually be organized and caught up.

stpete is offline Banned
    Hell yea, get a maid if you can afford it. I'd ask her to wear one of those naughty school girl uniforms with the black rimmed glasses, and stockings to the knees. Sooo cool.
    If you got the money, it can be done. I always said that i'd have em on payroll if i could afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Hell yea, get a maid if you can afford it. I'd ask her to wear one of those naughty school girl uniforms with the black rimmed glasses, and stockings to the knees. Sooo cool.
    If you got the money, it can be done. I always said that i'd have em on payroll if i could afford it.
    She sounds expensive,lol.

I'd rather actually get a retired old lady who is still able to work. Someone who would do it just because maybe they are "bored" after retirment. Seems they would be more trust worthy than a young hottie that thinks she deserves the world because she was born with some tits and ass.

stpete is offline Banned
    Probably a wise decision.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    I tried organisation. Didn't won't for me. I got more stressed trying to be organized. I like it better in kaos. In a way kaos is a way of organizing.
    The one thing i do is think, and then list what i wanna do every day in the morning and i do i when i want, can, are in the mood, etc.

Thread Information