Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

I need help! Trouble choosing University Pathway!

This weekend guys I leave to move into University Halls (hooray for me) to study Environmental Science and at the end of the week after im inducted and have my first lecture, yaddayaddayadda.

However I have to choose a Pathway for my first year, and crunch time is today. I have to send by today THE form outlining which I want to partake and I still cant make my mind up. I was given four options but im torn between the first three, a brief outlook of what I could do.

1) Biodiversity and Conservation: This is basically looking at ecology and how animals and plants interact with the environment around them. Key themes include ecology, ev0lution, applied biology and how organisms adapt to their environment.

Option 1 is the one I think I would find the most interesting

2) Environmental Change: This is basically looking at how the environment has changed over the millions of years, what caused the change and how much (if at all) mankind has on the environment today. Themes include examining environmental change via satalite links, to how much sea levels have changed and looking at the natural environment.

Option 2 is what I did my final college essay on and is the subject I probably have the best background information on and the best understanding, so i'd probably find this a subject I could easily undertake.

3)Sustainable Environmental Management: This looks at human use in the environment, and to explore scientific principles and methods of exploring alternative and sustainable energy sources.

Option 3 is the one I think would have the far more career options after I graduate. Lets face facts, Oil is NOT going to be around forever and I think alternative energy is going to be the big thing in the future of this planet. I seem to be leaning more towards this for those reasons as well.

Damn guys, what do you think???

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    1. WTF is University Halls?
    2. WTF is University Pathway?

I'm confused 'cause you're using them as proper nouns, indicating university names, like University of Southern California (i.e., USC). Where is it that you're actually going to school at, just for shits and giggles?

Personally, I'd take option number 3. Not only do you have good job options available to you, but you'd also be making a valuable contribution. You get to make money and feel good about it.

HA!

University halls are the equivalent of dorms? I don't know what you guys call it in the States, where you live on the University Campus?

Pathway is a particular branch you follow, for example the ones I listed above. I can't just go in and do Enviornmental Science as a whole, you have to choose a particular branch so to speak, which will at the end of it make you an "expert" in that field.

I didnt mean to make them seem like nouns before.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    You'll probably have the most potential with the third option. There's gonna be lots of money in alternative energy.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Id take the third option, but why the hell are you asking us? We can plan out cycles and all but planning out your future for you, thatll cost some $$$.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^^ lmao...

True that Jiggaman, ive decided on the third option anyways.

Thanks for the input guys. LOL

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    True that Jiggaman, ive decided on the third option anyways.

Thanks for the input guys. LOL
    hahah, good luck. Just make sure you take school as seriously as you take working out and you should be successful.

Thread Information