wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver

The Path towards successful modeling

Please partyboy and anyone else who has had success with modeling tell me how the process towards stardom works and what is the best approach towards making the most out of it, im asking for my girlfriend and she is two years younger then I and has no clue where to begin. She has taken professional pictures and also has applied for a modeling convention in new orleans to attend.

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    Modeling conventions are a scam. Yes they do pick a couple of people, but they also ask for your money. Just get pictures taken and get an agency. It sucks that part of your money goes to the agency, but without them don't expect to get any jobs.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BMANN
    Modeling conventions are a scam.
    Agree .. You've got to get some quality shots and then push the agencies, again .. and again .. and again. If you've got a 'look' and do the grunt work of finding a good agent, then work will slowly find you. Good Luck!

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    What I've always found is.... if your good enough and have the look, THEY pay you.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    If its anything like the acting industry - part of it is fitting the "look du jure", ie being lucky enouhg to look like what they want to portray this year - I think some of that is being smart enouhg to know what the prevailing trend is and to portray yourself that way - ubnless you have the charisma to totally dominate a scene - then you can be you and wait for the fashion to match your particular flair - sometimes it happens and sometimes not.

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    being lucky enouhg to look like what they want to portray this year
    That is extremely true. The first show I did was a hair show for Loreal about a year ago. There were quite a few guys to choose from, but I guess I had the look they were going for. Too bad they turned my hair platinum.

Thread Information