Padawan is offline Associate Member

Benching 455 @ 14 years old

I was in the gym tonight, and I saw this kid lifting some serious weight. I offered a spot, and he was counting up the weights on the bar. It was 455lbs. I asked how old he was, and he said 14. Been working out for about 3-4 months. Funny thing, his face was puffy as hell, and he didn't look strong. Just husky to put it in a generic term. Anyone thinking D-Bol? At 14? OMFG, what are these kids doing? Yes, it was an impressive lift, but at what cost.

Sorry, just ending my rant.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    kid sounds like a genetic freak to me....even if he is juicing his nuts off, 455 is alot for ANYONE, young or old, but especially 14 yrs old...thats just crazy bro...why don't you ask him next time you see him?

Trevor is offline Associate Member
    455 lbs at 14.....that is some impressive weight. What was this kids weight....was he fat? Thats amazing.....i only push up 325-340 lbs on a good day and i weight 203 lbs currently....I would like to see this kid!!! It is not impossible i am sure because i have a friend that benched over 500lbs while he was still a teenager....18 or 19 i believe, but i know for a fact he was jucieing year round. He later went on to compete in the World Strongest Man.....He made it to the Semi-finals in Malta or Sun city...cant remember........Anyway give the kid some congrats from me!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Someone call Joe Weider to exploit this kid...

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Its possible...I have a couple of samoan friends that did 400+ at 15...Cant remember the exact weight...Both have great genetics and one is really a monster today...He was able lifting in the 400 club since he started...Just amazing natural strength hes in the 600 club now..

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Shit thats freaky!

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Unbelievable.

WITH ALL RESPECTS BUT.........

..i have no doubt that at age 14-15 someone can benchpress 400-455...but with only 3-4 months lifting experience??no way...i think the kid has to be lying to you or something.......3-4 months and doing 455?noway...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Warrior
    Someone call Joe Weider to exploit this kid...

Ain't that the truth...

seniormateus is offline Associate Member
    2+2=7 Call the tv stations

How much did he weigh? Was he tall?

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    He was tall, I would guess around 6'2". Weight I would guess around 230 or so. He seriously did not look big at all, just bloated.

I know he joined the gym about 4 months ago, as for his experience before that I do not know. He said 3-4 months, so that's all I can go by.

Hell, 455 is a huge amount of weight at any age. I'm just curious what kind of gear he is on. I really doubt he would tell me, though.

I only push up 360, so this just blows me away. I never really paid him much attention when he first started, and I know he wasn't doing any huge lifts.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    most gyms wont let a 14 year old lift without an adult...might wanna see if he was just fucking with you. 455 is HUGE either way. My best was 485, but I was at 296...either way, at 14 and 230 that's unbelievable!

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Its BUllSHIT, This guy isnt 14 probaly alot older, and their no way a fucking 14 year old could press over 400 lbs no fucking way. Maybe 1 out of 600 billion maybe, but if he can do 455, i guaranty he would destroy the bench press record before he is 20.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    thats a whole lot no matter how old ,juice or no juice!!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    It's possible... my boy holds the unofficial record in Delaware for a 465lbs lift when he was 16 and he was clean... Never touched juice a day in his life... Only reason it was unofficial is he didn't have his card in time, but they still let him lift...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Just be happy for the kid and wish you could do the same. No need to flame a guy you know nothing about. Maybe he lied, maybe it's just one of "those" guys who are damn impressive. There were two guys in my highschool named Jeff and Jimmy (those were their real names). They were both pretty much VERY skinny in the grade 9 year book. Then, in their last two years of highschool, probably 17/18, they were doing bench of about 315-385 with no spotter. They became HUGE. There is NO DOUBT in my mind now that they did steroids . But...you had to respect them...they were dedicated like mad. The worked out 2 hours in the gym, everyday! They never acted all "tuff" and were quite polite in the gym! Mad respect for that!!!

In terms of how they are damaging their bodies, that's a different story, and we could open up a whole new can of worms on that one...like we ALWAYS do!

Originally posted by Terinox
    Just be happy for the kid and wish you could do the same.
    Personally I do not wish to do the same. I know I will bench that someday - whether it be Incline, Decline, or Flat - but I am not a Powerlifter. I am a Bodybuilder.

I think too many beginner bodybuilders confuse the two - the only reason I bring it up here. Bodybuilders are about form - powerlifters are more about function. Strength training and training for muscular hypertrophy are two different goals for a macrocycle.

BTW - a note to the bodybuilders: SQUATS ARE FOR POWER LIFTERS. Squats will give you a big ass - and unless you were given a small ass or you are trying out for a Mariah Carey stunt double - forget 'em. Work in Close-Toe Smith Machine Squats or Close-Toe Leg Presses as your power movements.

The following does not apply for beginners who should always use olympic movements to lay down a good base.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally posted by Warrior
    Squats will give you a big ass
    Why I love squats

sicilian40 is offline Banned
    i know a small italian kid whos 15 5'4 235lbs and puts up 330...all natural...genetic freak...hes my best friends bro....it scares the crap outa me...

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    My friend is 18 and he is pressin ova 5... He's like a pit bull short and hugee.... He's training for the strong man comps... He'll make it he was meant for it!!

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    whatever!!! I think the biggest problem is people dont tell the truth about what they lift everyone thinks its a competition. I refuse to believe that any 15 year old can press 400 lbs or more till i see it.
    Last edited by BullDogg20; 11-03-2002 at 01:14 PM.

sicilian40 is offline Banned
    hey man its not impossible ....thats like saying i cant believe someone can get as big as ronnie coleman...i agree when a 15 year old starts putting up over 4 i would definitely be suspicious but still there are exceptions for every rule in the world and maybe some people just witness them

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    6'2" and 230?
    and youre saying hes not big? for a freakin 14 yr. old, thats huge bro.

the 455 i can believe. its the 14 yr. old and the little time lifting part im having trouble with.

peace bb79

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    next time take a picture.

Thread Information