Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama

This is a great video guys. I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inrz4ZzAnRc

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Barack Obama is getting setup to be knocked down, hes thier fall guy, just wait and see.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    This is just as startling as Oprah endorsing Obama...

KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member
    of course

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I posted this in the news section...my bad. I didn't see it here.

Anyway, like I said in that section, I guess that makes Powell an idiotic, racists, and secret muslim sympathizer according to some of you...

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I always thought he got a raw deal for the whole Iraq thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    This is just as startling as Oprah endorsing Obama...
    Why, considering Oprah and Powell are on completely opposite ends of the political spectrum. Oh, I know, its because they're black and so is Obama. right? God forbid any black American that's voting for Obama is voting for him for any other reason than his race, because we all know there aren't any informed blacks and we are all voting for the man SOLELY because of his race...w/e!

KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member

i think most of the people that vote, pick a person because of his policies. I'm mexican and I endorse Obama because I believe he will do a better job as president then McCain.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Well, he made it clear why he is voting Obama. You could sort of tell it was a hard decision, It may sway some undecided voters since he is so highly respected.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I wish Powell would run for President.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    i think most of the people that vote, pick a person because of his policies.
    Ah, if only that were true . . .

The US government is hopelessly mired in debt because of Republican policies. Back in the 1984 presidential election, Ronald Reagan ran against Walter Mondale on the platform of "Morning In America." Mondale campaigned against the "borrow and spend" policies of Reagan, saying it was not responsible to burden future generations of Americans with 1980's debt. Americans decided (overwhelmingly) that they'd rather borrow from tomorrow and spend today than be fiscally responsible. Clinton managed to turn that around a bit, but Bush II went back to the Republican "borrow and spend" policy, which is why the country is in a big financial mess today. Count on a $1 Trillion federal budget deficit for this year on a federal budget of $4 Trillion.

If people didn't stand to lose their jobs today, John McCain would probably be leading in the polls, and Americans would still happily support these cancerous Republican fiscal policies that will eventually bankrupt the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Clinton managed to turn that around a bit .
    Funny you see it that way.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    A question for everyone... and I am being serious here. Do you know anyone in your real life who is actually voting for Obama?

I ask this because if you watch TV, listen to the radio, or pick up a newspaper or magazine, all you see is how Obama is leading in poles, which celebrity is now voting for Obama, which magazine/news source is endorsing Obama, etc....... so it would appear if you went by that, that Obama is running away with this thing.

However, in my real life, when asking people I know (Family, friends, co-workers, people at the gym, neighbors, etc) or just listening to them talk, I have yet to hear one person who is voting for Obama. Everyone is dead set on voting for McCain.

Just curious if any of you have experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    A question for everyone... and I am being serious here. Do you know anyone in your real life who is actually voting for Obama?

I ask this because if you watch TV, listen to the radio, or pick up a newspaper or magazine, all you see is how Obama is leading in poles, which celebrity is now voting for Obama, which magazine/news source is endorsing Obama, etc....... so it would appear if you went by that, that Obama is running away with this thing.

However, in my real life, when asking people I know (Family, friends, co-workers, people at the gym, neighbors, etc) or just listening to them talk, I have yet to hear one person who is voting for Obama. Everyone is dead set on voting for McCain.

Just curious if any of you have experienced this.
    yes, I know more than one

If people didn't stand to lose their jobs today, John McCain would probably be leading in the polls, and Americans would still happily support these cancerous Republican fiscal policies that will eventually bankrupt the country.
    Obama's plan to create jobs is?

He wants more or less spending/taxes?

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Kratos, is the ratio of people you know for Obama over McCain as one sided as the media makes it seem?

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Kratos, is the ratio of people you know for Obama over McCain as one sided as the media makes it seem?
    The state I live in usually goes Dem, but no, it isn't overwhelming. I think McCain has a fair shot at it still. It's gonna be a closer race then I think they are leading the public on to.

I live in CA and I know more then one person who will vote for Obama.

AmbushKing is offline New Member
    isnt it bad enough already?

but really MR. powell thats like the whites black guy

im sorry but whos cheney endorsing because thats what you have to worry about shotgun ( if anyone remembers)

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I live in CA and I know more then one person who will vote for Obama.
    yea....CA if full of liberals

Liberalism is a mental disorder....

I cant believe a republican sold his side out...just goes to show you what his TRUE basis for changing is...

He was also born in KENYA....he cant even run...His hawaii birth certificate is stamped "duplicate"

HMMMMM wonder why....

LETS see your REAL birth certificate BARAK

i think most of the people that vote, pick a person because of his policies. I'm mexican and I endorse Obama because I believe he will do a better job as president then McCain.
    doubt that....he has NO experience...

and he is a communist/ma**ist...

Guess what...when he taxes those people over 250K....most being small business owners...they will only raise their prices of their services...you only want to vote for him because you want a funny money stimulus check...

besides...his policies will make it harder to get juice

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    i think it a lose/ lose situation here. Im just gonna buy a bunch of gold and some guns.

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    doubt that....he has NO experience...

and he is a communist/ma**ist...

Guess what...when he taxes those people over 250K....most being small business owners...they will only raise their prices of their services...you only want to vote for him because you want a funny money stimulus check...

besides...his policies will make it harder to get juice
    1. Ridiculous.

2. 98% of small businesses make profits under 250K.

3. I am interested in which policy you are referring to. I'm not saying you are wrong on this one, but I have not heard it before.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Guess what...when he taxes those people over 250K....most being small business owners...they will only raise their prices of their services...
    Keep in mind that he's talking about people who net more than $250,000 a year (that's after paying all the salaries, insurance, operating costs, taxes, etc etc etc, and not gross receipts). Ain't too many small businessmen who do that.
    That "Joe The Plumber" guy wanted to buy a small business that didn't even gross O'bama's new tax policy.

If it was up to me, though, they'd abolish the IRS and go to some sort of flat tax that's easy to calculate.

He was also born in KENYA....he cant even run...His hawaii birth certificate is stamped "duplicate"

HMMMMM wonder why....

LETS see your REAL birth certificate BARAK
    Dude you seriously need to stop listening to that bigotted, homophobic, conspiracy theorist Michael Savage. Any idiot knows that if you order your birth certificate from the state of birth it will say duplicate because the original is given only after the initial birth registration. Plus the man has been investigated when he ran for state senate (twice), the US Senate, and now the President of the US.

Try establishing real arguments as to why he shouldn't be president not bullshit outlandish claims. This man has proven he isn't muslim, he isn't a racist, he isn't a terrorist, he does say the pledge, he wears a flag pin, etc., etc. Next he'll have to prove he's human and born on this planet.

I actually admire guys like radio talk show host (conservative) Mike Doyle, and members of this form Blome, Murilo, nd to a lesser extent Kratos. At least these guys have valid non-conspiracy theory reasons why Barack shouldn't be president.

Crap like your post are ridiculous at best.

FuPayMe is offline Junior Member
    a steroid forum isnt the best place to argue on politics

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Dude you seriously need to stop listening to that bigotted, homophobic, conspiracy theorist Michael Savage. Any idiot knows that if you order your birth certificate from the state of birth it will say duplicate because the original is given only after the initial birth registration. Plus the man has been investigated when he ran for state senate (twice), the US Senate, and now the President of the US.

Try establishing real arguments as to why he shouldn't be president not bullshit outlandish claims. This man has proven he isn't muslim, he isn't a racist, he isn't a terrorist, he does say the pledge, he wears a flag pin, etc., etc. Next he'll have to prove he's human and born on this planet.

I actually admire guys like radio talk show host (conservative) Mike Doyle, and members of this form Blome, Murilo, nd to a lesser extent Kratos. At least these guys have valid non-conspiracy theory reasons why Barack shouldn't be president.

Crap like your post are ridiculous at best.
    I agree. Good post.

Not to mention....HE WAS BORN IN KENYA!!!

And anyway...i hope he does win....if a complete and utter failure in the democratic party is what it takes to get a good republican in the white house then i guess i can deal with 4 years of BULL SHIT

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Keep in mind that he's talking about people who net more than $250,000 a year (that's after paying all the salaries, insurance, operating costs, taxes, etc etc etc, and not gross receipts). Ain't too many small businessmen who do that.
    That "Joe The Plumber" guy wanted to buy a small business that didn't even gross O'bama's new tax policy.

If it was up to me, though, they'd abolish the IRS and go to some sort of flat tax that's easy to calculate
    You mean like this one

It takes about 60 seconds to do your tax return online. Basically there are only about two or three deductions you can make as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama-tax.jpg  

The tax system has alot of loop holes like Obama has already mentioned. You get ur self a good CPA and you don't have to pay alot in taxes. Example, when i was making over 300k a year I only paid 20k the most in taxes. Last year I paid $2000 and made over 150k.

Not to mention....HE WAS BORN IN KENYA!!!
    You issue the claim so where is your proof?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Are you having an erection lasting longer than 4 hours??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama-tax.jpg  

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    Anyone who endorses an candidate this late in the game, is just jumping on the band wagon and should be ignored, whom ever the candidate is. He should of supported him right from the start, he's looking for a political gain somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    to a lesser extent Kratos.
    I'll pretend that's a compliment...thanks buddy.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Are you having an erection lasting longer than 4 hours??
    Ahaha...that was a funny find

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmom View Post
    Anyone who endorses an candidate this late in the game, is just jumping on the band wagon and should be ignored, whom ever the candidate is. He should of supported him right from the start, he's looking for a political gain somehow.
    I see it as someone who let the election campaign unfold, listened to what the candidates had to say during debates and other public gatherings, and made his decision based on what he saw throughout the campaign. Supporting someone from the start does not let someone make an accurate decision since they have not had the time to hear what both candidates have to say.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I see it as someone who let the election campaign unfold, listened to what the candidates had to say during debates and other public gatherings, and made his decision based on what he saw throughout the campaign. Supporting someone from the start does not let someone make an accurate decision since they have not had the time to hear what both candidates have to say.
    What candidates say is always doublespeak. The litmus test is a candidates voting record. That someone could decide who to support last minute is a testament to how alike the candidates truly are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information