J431S is offline Banned

pursuing bodybuilding as a career

hey there fellows,
    after doing three cycles in the past 2 yrs I have decided to pursue body building as a professional career and hobby. if there is anyone out there who knows the ABCs of bodybuilding as an occupational career for beginners, please share your advise with me. thank u

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm no pro, nor have I competed, but all I know is that you have be something special (and be genetically gifted) to make it in the bodybuilding world.

Getting a sponsor is not easy, and many talented athletes out there have been bodybuilding for 20 years, and still cannot get a sponsorship. Just like anything else in this world, I'd put my buck on the fact that a) you have to be good, and b) you have to know people.

Otherwise, PT may be an industry you may want to look in to.

J431S is offline Banned
    thanks Hamish; am not looking for sponsor at this time. I want to break my genetical code. I strongly believe I can do it with the right diet, cycle and training. I think I do have the genetics u talking about. I want sponser (instead) to come and look for me. Any more advise is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I'm no pro, nor have I competed, but all I know is that you have be something special (and be genetically gifted) to make it in the bodybuilding world.

Getting a sponsor is not easy, and many talented athletes out there have been bodybuilding for 20 years, and still cannot get a sponsorship. Just like anything else in this world, I'd put my buck on the fact that a) you have to be good, and b) you have to know people.

Otherwise, PT may be an industry you may want to look in to.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    pro bbing is amazingly difficult. not only are you going to have to stay on cycle for your entire career, there are some absolute genetic FREAKS of nature out there that will ALWAYS have the upper hand on you no matter how big you get.

aas, gh, peptides, slin.....120% committment to diet, training, sleeping.....thats the life of a pro bber.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Post some pic's so we can give you constructive criticism and try to help point you in the right direction....

It's hard to give you advise on becoming a professional BB when we have no idea what you even look like....

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    pro bbing is amazingly difficult. not only are you going to have to stay on cycle for your entire career, there are some absolute genetic FREAKS of nature out there that will ALWAYS have the upper hand on you no matter how big you get.

aas, gh, peptides, slin.....120% committment to diet, training, sleeping.....thats the life of a pro bber.

thanks amorphic...am only interested on the positive aspect of pro bbing....once i get there then i will re-evaluate what is is been like. thanks mate.

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Post some pic's so we can give you constructive criticism and try to help point you in the right direction....

It's hard to give you advise on becoming a professional BB when we have no idea what you even look like....
    sorry Horse...i don't have pics at the moment; but i weight 222 ibs/6 ft tall/ 9%bf with extreme appetite to eat and workout. i hope that helps u?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Well for one you have to start competing

Second like Horse said we need pics b/c stats really mean nothing in bodybuilding. You could have excellent stats but if you don't flow right and you lack full muscle bellies etc then your best bet would invest into something else

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    Well for one you have to start competing

Second like Horse said we need pics b/c stats really mean nothing in bodybuilding. You could have excellent stats but if you don't flow right and you lack full muscle bellies etc then your best bet would invest into something else

dood, i got the flow u are talking about . just give me the advise that i asked.

Well its kinda a no brainer question you need to start competing. No sponsor is just gonna sign you without any comps under your belt. You need to learn to as much as you can about pre contest dieting, hitting poses is extremely important, and enter a few contest. What do you think someone is just gonna pick you up without a contest history and no pics on the boards??

J431S is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Reed500;42***25]Well its kinda a no brainer question you need to start competing. No sponsor is just gonna sign you without any comps under your belt. You need to learn to as much as you can about pre contest dieting, hitting poses is extremely important, and enter a few contest. What do you think someone is just gonna pick you up without a contest history and no pics on the boards??[/QUOTE]

no off-course not, and am not interested in sponsorhisp at this momemt, i just need to know the fundamentals to get into the game (diet/cycle/workout) before i could embarrassed myself on the main stage. with that said am looking for direction to get it right from the start. Do u undersatnd what I;m sayin?

I know what your saying. I'm trying to same thing but I trying to have be realistic cause I'm probably not like Phil Heath or Evan Centopani that can come out of now where get contracts, win the Jr. Nationals <----- thats the contest you get the big heads to notice you etc.

Whats your age? Cause at your height you'll need about 50-60 more lbs to be competitive into todays contests ESPECIALLY if your trying to go pro. You gotta look like a pro to become a pro. I say start reading books, asking questions that involve contest cycles, dieting, try to build your connections (best way to do that on boards is to post pics!!), and dedicate your lifestyle to the sole purpose of being the best you can be. Everything else needs to be put to the side, girls, partying, etc. You obviously know how to train by your stats and you gotta pick up the intensity to get better of course, bigger, stronger weights, more sets and exercises.

I start by learning about contest prep, get as big as you can this winter and enter a show next year some time. Novice class of course. There is a ladder system to the NPC Really practice on your posing routine cause that really can make or break your physique. Find out what poses make you look the best (i.e. some bbers have different poses for the same pose if that makes sense). Alot of hard work but if you love it, it shouldn't feel like work

J431S is offline Banned
    thanks Reed advise taken.

Any1 with another input please don't feel inferior to reed.

Thanks again Reed.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    [QUOTE=J431S;42***42]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500;42***25
    Well its kinda a no brainer question you need to start competing. No sponsor is just gonna sign you without any comps under your belt. You need to learn to as much as you can about pre contest dieting, hitting poses is extremely important, and enter a few contest. What do you think someone is just gonna pick you up without a contest history and no pics on the boards??[/QUOTE]

no off-course not, and am not interested in sponsorhisp at this momemt, i just need to know the fundamentals to get into the game (diet/cycle/workout) before i could embarrassed myself on the main stage. with that said am looking for direction to get it right from the start. Do u undersatnd what I;m sayin?
    the fundamentals are what get you a decent physique. getting a contest shape physique is more than the fundamentals, its about knowing your body, testing different diets, different macros, different training styles to find what works best for you personally. all we can do here is provide basic (and to some degree, depending who you talk to) somewhat advanced knowlege on how to build a quality physique.

lots of pros work with nutritionists, trainers etc to find out what works for them. its a massively long journey

J431S is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Amorphic;42***69]
    Quote Originally Posted by J431S;42***42

the fundamentals are what get you a decent physique. getting a contest shape physique is more than the fundamentals, its about knowing your body, testing different diets, different macros, different training styles to find what works best for you personally. all we can do here is provide basic (and to some degree, depending who you talk to) somewhat advanced knowlege on how to build a quality physique.

lots of pros work with nutritionists, trainers etc to find out what works for them. its a massively long journey
    thanks amorphic....I'm starting this journey as am writing this post. thanks again

jnewton86 is offline Member
    i think finding someone that has done what you want to accomplish is vital. my source has a reasonable amount of experience under his belt, this proves to be very valuable. I agree with amorphics comment as well. the pros juice all year, at least some i have been informed of, and your life consists of sleeping, eating, and working out mainly. I think the key ingredients in this sport are dedication and discipline.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    if you have been lifting weights for at least 1.5 years with 2 cycles under your belt, and you want to be pro, you should be absolutley dwarfing everyone around you by now.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    here watch this video. this is what jay cutler looked like at 19 years old.

its genetics like this that makes money. genetically any less is not going to cut it at the pro level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8aDR6OL5Y

then 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QDK...eature=related

here is a dorian video. shows a couple pics of his progression from 21 to mid 20's. pretty unbelievable progress in a 1-2 year time period. (after the 21 year old pics)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15TATfd5F1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWqIx7ac3cw
    shawn ray 22
    Last edited by IronReload04; 11-08-2008 at 11:13 PM.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i kinda wanna see some pics too.. even some camera phone ones or something to give us an idea.

like everyone else said, you have to get out there and test the waters. losing doesn't matter, no one remembers a loser so you don't really have to worry about messing up opportunities in that way.

i would really think hard about it, its a major sacrifice in life, giving up pretty much everything else for the sport, and its very hard to make a living at it. not to deject you, but there are probably a hundred thousand other people in the same boat as you, same size, same dreams, same dedication. you have to work unbelievably hard to separate yourself from them and come into your own.

i want pics please especially for us to tell you if your wasting your time.. good luck with everything and chase your dreams.

Thread Information