Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    im sorry, but if u really believe a whole civilization came from another planet then i think u should be locked up.
    i believe u are a very educated man, however this "they came from another place" stuff is just wacky..

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    I see your point, after all it is just my personal opinion which is not supported by any historical facts; so, truly debatable!

But then, how do you explain their knowledge?
    How could they possibly know what they knew and I am not speaking about the year 2012 but the precessional motion of the planets for example? Why were they able to calculate in such a marvellous and greatly accurate way all the movements of the 12 constellations? How could they know how to calculate the lunar and solar eclipse until our days?

Another theory speaks about they were human indeed but were visited by "others" who gave them the knowledge. Not only to them, there are many other occurrences in the historical development of our race.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    ...not to forget the codex Dresdensis!

dj87 is offline Junior Member
    lol wow this thread has made my day with everybodys off the wall posts, we will never be able to know when it will come and im willling to be my life it will be once our kids,kids,kids,kids,kids,kids,kids,kids,kids,kids are here maybe even longer who knows, but i got one hell of a laugh

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    ...not to forget the codex Dresdensis!
    Come on BJJ enlighten us.......

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ahh.....its a book..

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    does it just mean its the ending of the lunar calendar or something and starting a new one?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    The Spanish killed the Mayans.

I hope this turns into some sceanrio where radiation turns 98% of the population into zombies, where the remaining 2% (of which im a part of) drive around in armoured cars, shooting zombies and trying to survive.
    nothing could be more awesome than this

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I see your point, after all it is just my personal opinion which is not supported by any historical facts; so, truly debatable!

But then, how do you explain their knowledge?
    How could they possibly know what they knew and I am not speaking about the year 2012 but the precessional motion of the planets for example? Why were they able to calculate in such a marvellous and greatly accurate way all the movements of the 12 constellations? How could they know how to calculate the lunar and solar eclipse until our days?

Another theory speaks about they were human indeed but were visited by "others" who gave them the knowledge. Not only to them, there are many other occurrences in the historical development of our race.
    bam...jackpot...I believe this wholeheartedly. It's been said more than once, the things accomplished by civilizations like the Mayans and the Egyptians were impossible given what is thought to be their level of technological know how.

it is indeed the only LOGICAL explanation

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    It can't come soon enough!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    nothing could be more awesome than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071KqJu7WVo

Check this out Rhul, this film will be made of pure win.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0328104302.htm

There;s an interesting article here from ScienceDaily on how the pyramids of the Aztecs, Mayans and Egyptians were built....Egyptian pyramids being the most awesome. I know i've been somewhat sceptical in this thread but even I concede that the building of these constructs raises a lot of question marks. For example they think it would take 20,000 people today to recreate a Pyramid now. I do believe that these three civilisations were far more sophisticated than the rest of the world, considering how much older they were as well. This article also suggests that they possessed a technology that has been lost through time, but if that is the case...why has no ancient relic been found. It's very interesting stuff! Stone Henge is also something to marvel at. If you consider that back then, humans didn't have the luxuries of trucks or pullies and Stone Henge is something like 3000- 4000 years old. Also again, StoneHenge is a solar callander. The largest stone is some 44 tons. Theres an interesting article about that here:

http://www.firstscience.com/home/art...enge_1388.html

What is also interesting to note is that the stones used to make Stonehenge came from Wales, 200 miles away from its current location..
    Last edited by Flagg; 09-23-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071KqJu7WVo

Check this out Rhul, this film will be made of pure win.
    yea that movie looks absolutely hilarious

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information