SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch

LOL Overeaters Annoynomous

http://www.oa.org/index.htm
    The Twelve Steps of Overeaters Anonymous

1. We admitted we were powerless over food — that our lives had become unmanageable.
    2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
    5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
    6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
    7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
    8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
    10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
    11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to compulsive overeaters and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    i hear ya i eat way too much putty

I just had an awesome idea, I should find the meetings and go there and hand out my personal trainer business cards!!

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Guilty. I have relapsed numerous of times. At least twice a week. I am very ashamed of myself.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    LMAO,,,, IMO, what a load of c**p,,,,,,

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    the religious undertones are ridiculous

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm joining asap.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Sweet there is meeting in my town 10 am Saturday. Wonder if they have donuts and coffee.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Sweet there is meeting in my town 10 am Saturday. Wonder if they have donuts and coffee.
    you should walk in with some fresh one and sit them in the middle of the circle and see how long it takes before they start killing eat other for them, it would be hilarious

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    show up and be like "i brought some fresh crispy kreme!" :P

i wonder what the % is of members who drive those little electric scooters.....

and the amount of handicap parking....

ugh.

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    you should walk in with some fresh one and sit them in the middle of the circle and see how long it takes before they start killing eat other for them, it would be hilarious

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    DAMN! those steps sound like you killed someone and ate them and now trying to find god, seriously? ITS EATING!!! WOW! CALM DOWN!

But i do have to admit, hahaha walking in with a fresh bakers dozen of dounts would definately be hilarious! Hell i'd probably eat them all in front of the people......donuts are my weakness

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I never understood why all organizations for addicts are all about finding god. They signed up to get help for not eating as much and next thing they know they're in church every Sunday but still going to the lunch buffet after. Damn cults.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    I never understood why all organizations for addicts are all about finding god. They signed up to get help for not eating as much and next thing they know they're in church every Sunday but still going to the lunch buffet after. Damn cults.
    bro it's such a cult, it's scary.

my roommate went to NA meeting for smoking ***, SMOKING *** in college OMG!!! They completely brainwashed him, they had him convinced he was a piece of shit and a complete failure at life because he smoked ***....he'd come home crying feeling so bad about himself...when the reality of it was he was a good kid who got good grades and had a ton of friends, that group completely destroyed his self esteem and changed him completely for the worse. I seriously hope all those organizations go to shit one day
    Last edited by SVTmuscle; 11-11-2008 at 07:30 PM.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    all 12 step programs (AA, NA, Sex Addicts Anonymous) follow the same 12 steps. step 1 is admitting you're powerless to your addiction. you seek security and guidance from the higher power to give you power over your addiction, that you don't have it yourself.

people that run/use/believe in 12 step do it completely. i personally believe that you have to find the power yourself, anything else is a crutch, but i don't have an addiction like that to begin with. although i don't believe in god, i think if it helps people wrest their demons and it works for them, who am i to judge?

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Man 12 step programs are all bullshit.

Powerless over food huh? Whatever you say.
    I love America.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Thunder View Post
    Man 12 step programs are all bullshit.

Powerless over food huh? Whatever you say.
    I love America.

I sometimes think I'm powerless over food. There are days where I eat two entire chickens.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    bro it's such a cult, it's scary.

my roommate went to NA meeting for smoking edit, SMOKING edit in college OMG!!! They completely brainwashed him, they had him convinced he was a piece of shit and a complete failure at life because he smoked edit....he'd come home crying feeling so bad about himself...when the reality of it was he was a good kid who got good grades and had a ton of friends, that group completely destroyed his self esteem and changed him completely for the worse. I seriously hope all those organizations go to shit one day

Maybe if you didn't partake in the edited rec drug you would remember that it is against the rule's to mention any reg drug name's....

Edit your post dude....

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Maybe if you didn't partake in the edited rec drug you would remember that it is against the rule's to mention any reg drug name's....

Edit your post dude....
    taken care of, my bad vanilla face

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    taken care of, my bad vanilla face

F#cking noob!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    F#cking noob!!!!
    post count beeotch

and i was banned for over a year

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I was court ordered to do regular NA for 4 years, as smart as I am it really is hard at times to not get sucked in.
    People are real friendly, but the chanting and hand holding always turned me off.

After a few years I started understanding the SAME principals NA lives by are the SAME EXACT reasons people relapse.
    When you teach someone their powerless, and they come to believe that, how are they suppose to act when they relapse? Powerless.. straight till they od.

When you base your sanity upon an imaginary figure (god would restore us to sanity) One day you may wake up and realize you're already insane just for believing an imaginary figure has control over your mind.

More so, the program "solves" issues by replacing one ritualistic compulsion with another.
    Addicts are already compulsive, and the last thing you ever wanna do is not teach them to be less fvcking compulsive.

rant over..
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 11-11-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Thread Information