Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    4,056

    Lightbulb Ask the Political Expert, TheGodfather anything?

    Well, I'm motivated by MuscleScience's thread...So if you have a question regarding law, politics, the United States Constitution, or any other related subject, please ask. However, please refrain from asking me how to get out of your speeding ticket or citatio for pissing on the side of a building.

  2. #2
    T3/T4 GSR's Avatar
    T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,007
    Last night I got wasted and ended up with a spot light on me while peeing on the side of the bar before stumbling home. What the hell should I do here?

  3. #3
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    What is your argument for or against those who say that "my vote doesn't really matter."

  4. #4
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What is your argument for or against those who say that "my vote doesn't really matter."
    Everyones vote matters. Voting is a physical action which allows you to express your political opinion. It allows you to say "I support this" or "I dont support this." Additionally, it allows you to hold your representatives accountable for things that they do, either in your favor or against. It is also one of the only political actions that you can take which doesn't cost you any money. There are other ways of influencing politics like interest groups, lobbys, advertising, etc., but they all require capital.

    Your vote counts whether your cadidate gets elected or not. It also counts whether your candidate has a "chance" at winning or not. Voting is not about picking winners, it is about expressing your political ideology.

  5. #5
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Why do die hard conservatives believe that Obama is going to take over our representative democracy and change it to a socialist system?

  6. #6
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod View Post
    Why do die hard conservatives believe that Obama is going to take over our representative democracy and change it to a socialist system?
    Prior to the general election, Obama was much more far left. When it came election time, he did, as most candidates do, move himself much more to the center to appease more voters. He is viewed as one of the most left wing President elects in history (on the order of FDR). Given the current state of economic affairs, coupled with a highly apathetic America, and with a generation that has a new sense of "entitlement" it is believed his policies have a strong chance of passing. Both Hillary and Obama highly favored quasi-socialist models of the European type. Given the fact that we already have a quasi-socialised heathcare system (via MCARE&MCAID) the fall down the slippery slope has already begun.

  7. #7
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod View Post
    Why do die hard conservatives believe that Obama is going to take over our representative democracy and change it to a socialist system?

    because many of his policies and promises are the same that Hitler did in Germany..
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  8. #8
    Odpierdol_sie!'s Avatar
    Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    because many of his policies and promises are the same that Hitler did in Germany..
    The policies may very well be comparable to Hitler's, the one big difference being between himslef and Obama is, Hitler killed people who didnt agree with him.... He even use to kill his staff for waking him up in the morning!

    Im not gonna talk out of turn because i dont know enough on the suject of late. IMO, i cant see he doing that bad a job.

    I have been having a similar convo with a right wing Lawyer friend and she is convinced that Obama is the worst thing that will ever happen to the US. I tend to disagree, i think its just a case of better the devil you know.

  9. #9
    Bojangles69's Avatar
    Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    7,958
    godfather come down to central jersey I want you to own these 2 kids in my critical discourse class, both poly sci majors.

  10. #10
    Bojangles69's Avatar
    Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    7,958
    But really, anytime anyone comes at me with this shit I simply say "for or against gay marraige?"

  11. #11
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69;42***29
    godfather come down to central jersey I want you to own these 2 kids in my critical discourse class, both poly sci majors.
    I was at your schools homecoming for the entire weekend...

  12. #12
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Two Part Question:

    1. Why is the media so liberally biased?

    2. Why do gun control advocates forget about the constitutional rights to have firearms?

  13. #13
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    because many of his policies and promises are the same that Hitler did in Germany..


    I typed a response to this but it was filled with too many facts and would have people flaming me because they know nothing of German history, only about Hitler and World War II 1939-1945
    ***No source checks!!!***

  14. #14
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Odpierdol_sie!;42***02
    The policies may very well be comparable to Hitler's, the one big difference being between himslef and Obama is, Hitler killed people who didnt agree with him.... He even use to kill his staff for waking him up in the morning!

    Im not gonna talk out of turn because i dont know enough on the suject of late. IMO, i cant see he doing that bad a job.

    I have been having a similar convo with a right wing Lawyer friend and she is convinced that Obama is the worst thing that will ever happen to the US. I tend to disagree, i think its just a case of better the devil you know.
    ***No source checks!!!***

  15. #15
    Amorphic's Avatar
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada - No source checks
    Posts
    16,146
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post


    I typed a response to this but it was filled with too many facts and would have people flaming me because they know nothing of German history, only about Hitler and World War II 1939-1945
    hehh...

  16. #16
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    hehh...
    Ok, in plain English...pretty ****ing stupid to mention Hitler when speaking of Obama. Unastan?
    ***No source checks!!!***

  17. #17
    Amorphic's Avatar
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada - No source checks
    Posts
    16,146
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Ok, in plain English...pretty ****ing stupid to mention Hitler when speaking of Obama. Unastan?
    i knew what you were referring to the whole time. come on man!

  18. #18
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Two Part Question:

    1. Why is the media so liberally biased?

    2. Why do gun control advocates forget about the constitutional rights to have firearms?
    1) There are probably a number of reasons for this. We live in a time where everything is hyper politically correct. On top of the fact that many of the Ivy leaguers have this sort of "guilt" about being rich, and they try to liberalise the media as much as possible to make it seem like they're "on your side" (i.e.-the average WORKING American)... It's a very subjective question that you could probably find any varying degree of answers for.

    2) Most gun control advocates go by the "living Constitution" doctrine. To them, the Constitution is a fluid document which can be changed at any time, it's seen as "progressive." So I dont think they forget whats written, they just tend to think that it should be changed. It's also worth noting that they have tried to use their own Constitutional interpretation to say the "Arms" referrs to the old British definition as a "Coat of Arms." I think it was quite clear what the founders of the Constitution had in mind when they wrote it(originalism) and the Supreme Court agrees with me and not them, so as it stands today it is an INDIVIDUAL right coferred to all law abiding American citizens and it is regarding FIREARMS, not an ancient British sport jacket...

  19. #19
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post


    I typed a response to this but it was filled with too many facts and would have people flaming me because they know nothing of German history, only about Hitler and World War II 1939-1945
    ich bin völlig nicht dieser Meinung
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 11-10-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: ...LOL....Romo

  20. #20
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    ich bin völlig
    So I complete you? You romo...
    ***No source checks!!!***

  21. #21
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    So I complete you? You romo...
    i completely agree?

    Woops I guess i left out the ich bin völlig nicht dieser Meinung part in the original text. I cant put the umlaut in the forum so I typed and pasted from word...LOL that was pretty romo..

    der Meinung bin ich auch
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 11-10-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: LOL

  22. #22
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Sorry for the thread highjack back on topic.

    Did anyone catch what Joe Scarborough said this morning. I never watch shows like that in the morning but i woke up early and was trying to fall back to sleep when I heard him......LOL

  23. #23
    bigt10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Back The Way you Came
    Posts
    861
    I got one but i already know the answer.

    Why do we have paper money our central bank can create out of thin air by purchasing treasury bonds with an open check book from the treausry.

    And why does the federal reserve control the interest rate via price fixing. It isnt hard to see that the government setting interest rates is another form of price fixing. And anyone that tries to fix the price of something below its market level is going to decrease supply (less savings lower interest rate) while increasing the demand artificially via the lower interest rates. The same could be held true for the government trying to price fix anything else beyond its market level such as gasoline or apples. Watch out for price controls soon they are coming.

    Oh well i dont think they care.

    About firearms go look up some of the qoutes the founding fathers of this country and the constitution have on firearms.

    "Seven Constitutional Monetary Clauses



    There are seven clauses in the Constitution that deal with the subject of money:



    * Article I, Section 8, Clause 2. The Congress shall have Power…To borrow Money on the credit of the United States.

    * Article I, Section 8, Clause 5. The Congress shall have Power…To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures.

    * Article I, Section 8, Clause 6. The Congress shall have Power…To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States.

    * Article I, Section 9, Clause 1. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

    * Article I, Section 9, Clause 7. No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law.

    * Article I, Section 10, Clause 1. No State shall…coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debt.

    * Amendment VII. In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved… [2]"


    lol godfather i am not asking i just wanted others to realize this, as far as i am concerned the central bank is the source of most of the problems in this country. The government should not have the power to create money, they will always abuse it and the states favorite groups and industries will always benefit. Inflation always benefits others and the expense of others.

    Inflation is a tax and will always be.

  24. #24
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is online now Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    18,566
    Who would you say was the worst president ever and why?

  25. #25
    bigt10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Back The Way you Came
    Posts
    861
    I think the biggest make everyone and every government and politician makes is fiat money says that the value of your money and your labour and savings is controlled by a political institution.

    Would you rather have something real and sound or have a political establishment control the value of your money?

  26. #26
    bigt10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Back The Way you Came
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Who would you say was the worst president ever and why?
    Woodrow Wilson for singing the federal reserve act. on december 23rd, 1913.

    The next presient would have to be Roosevelt for confiscating gold and outlawing it, and third Nixon for removing the last tie of gold to our money essentially removing any restraints on the government to create money.

  27. #27
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Who would you say was the worst president ever and why?
    Now thats a good one!!!

  28. #28
    SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Who would you say was the worst president ever and why?
    Wilson, by far. He essentially set us on the path we're on now. He also set in motion nearly everything that's occurred in US history over the past 100 years and can be directly linked to huge catastrophe's such as the Great Depression and WWII.

  29. #29
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    godfather, doesn't the 2nd amendment end with "shall not be infringed? what do these gun control people (mostly liberals) not understand about "shall not be infringed" and what are their motives for wanting to change it to begin with?

  30. #30
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Does the guy have the legal right to the engagement ring if things go south.

  31. #31
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Godfather,,,,,

  32. #32
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Does the guy have the legal right to the engagement ring if things go south.
    Lol uhhh, that sounds like a matter for civil court, arbitration, or maybe even Judge Joe Brown...This would depend on what state you are in, and their laws. This question isn't really political in nature, but a highly subjective question of common law and fact. Whether you can articulate the ring as your property, and stating that the engagement was a verbal contract between you and the other party, if at which time the other party renigged on the agreement you expected your "property" back. OR, if the other party at the time of recieving this ring viewed it as a gift whether or not the other party followed through with the verbal agreement.

    I mean, I think it's certainly worth a shot in court. The other party might be compelled to give the ring up just with the threat of the costs involved with defending themselves against the ensuing litigation.

    Just get burned dude? Lol...

  33. #33
    kaptainkeezy04's Avatar
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,336
    Is there any proof at all that the 16th amendment was actually ratified? Is it in fact illegal?

  34. #34
    FallenWyvern's Avatar
    FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,983
    Why have Ron Paul groupies clogged nearly every forum on the internet?

  35. #35
    kaptainkeezy04's Avatar
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Why have Ron Paul groupies clogged nearly every forum on the internet?
    because its good.

  36. #36
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,617
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Lol uhhh, that sounds like a matter for civil court, arbitration, or maybe even Judge Joe Brown...This would depend on what state you are in, and their laws. This question isn't really political in nature, but a highly subjective question of common law and fact. Whether you can articulate the ring as your property, and stating that the engagement was a verbal contract between you and the other party, if at which time the other party renigged on the agreement you expected your "property" back. OR, if the other party at the time of recieving this ring viewed it as a gift whether or not the other party followed through with the verbal agreement.

    I mean, I think it's certainly worth a shot in court. The other party might be compelled to give the ring up just with the threat of the costs involved with defending themselves against the ensuing litigation.

    Just get burned dude? Lol...

    No, just got into this debate with a girl over lunch the other day. She is a fem-nazi and was talking about how her mom took her dad to town after their divorce. He went through 8 years of school and build a successful medical practice. She stayed home and took care of the kids. She got bored and decided to divorce him. She took practically everything even some of his classic cars out of revenge. The engagement ring was worth north of 20,000 dollars and he wanted it back. Thats how the whole argument went basically.

  37. #37
    xlxBigSexyxlx's Avatar
    xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,966
    Blog Entries
    2
    Can cops get you for anything for cursing?
    I ask because I was about to lose my cool today.
    Got a parking ticket for parking the wrong way, but I just pulled up at my house, in a quiet, nice neighborhood for no longer than 10 minutes.
    And I see this asshole giving me a ticket as I go back outside.
    I was being calm and nice, trying to get out of it, but this guy was just being an ass. One of those "Im above the law" cops.
    Anywho, I was about to go nuts on him, but refrained.
    In Texas if that matters.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •