rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member

Best new guitar player....

Who is the best...reletively new guitar player?

Yea, yea we all know jimmy and jimmy and slash and bucket head and satriani and j. perry are all good....

My new fav is Synyster Gates of Avenged sevenfold....Dude is so fvcking fast...its amazing...nobody makes the guitar cry like this guy...

I cant upload it from this page but search youtube for 'seize the day' casket solo and 'eternal rest'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best new guitar player....-synystergates-large-msg-122515569539.jpg   Best new guitar player....-synyster-gates-a7x-11x.jpg   Best new guitar player....-synyster-gates-a7x-09x.jpg  
    Last edited by rhino1; 11-07-2008 at 04:26 AM.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    WOW you are my new friend Rhino!

Seriously!

Ive been playing guitar for a lil over 12 years now and about a year ago ive been following Gates and holy shit! Ive improved drastically and now a solo king just cus of him! I love his guitar style, and everything he does with that thing! Seriously Gates is a PHENOMINAL guitarist whether you like A7X or not and by far my favorite guitarist at this point!

DUDE...i fvcking fall to pieces when i see him play live...I am going to learn to play like him lol...if i could get that good OMFG...AMAZING

I want to get an autographed guitar from him that he has used....

Also about to get their skull w/ bat wings tatted across my chest...

Seven of slipknot is also pretty bad ass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best new guitar player....-mick-thompson-slipknot-01.jpg  
    Last edited by rhino1; 11-07-2008 at 04:45 AM.

Hell ya man! I have yet to see them live and they are my favorite band...i know i know....lol

Im trying so hard to get his style down but its damn hard to follow that guy, just an amazing guitarist. I really dont play much of his solos or try to be a poser for A7x like these kids you see on youtube But im stealing his style for sure! Hahaha

My next guitar is going to be a Shecter C1 FR and im putting in the white invader pickups just like syns other shecter. Only reason is because A. it has a floyd rose B. the Schecter C1 is a phenominal playing instrument and very well priced and C. the Duncan invader pickups are like an orgasm everytime i play thru them.

Syns custom guitar that you see everywhere and that he uses im not a huge fan of tho, kinda feels cheap if ya catch my drift. its fun to play but the neck is too thick for me where the C1 is a bit thinner which i can solo a hell of a lot better on.

Current gear is an Ibanez presitge RGA121 with EMG Zakk Wylde set, and a crappy B52 1x12 amp. Its cool for messin around at home or a buddies house but the next amp for me is the Rivera K-Tre half stack, AMAZING amp, played thru it once and it put my old mesa dual rec and marshal jcm 900 to SHAME! seriously love this amp!

So my arsenal is being built lol...hahah ok i went off on a tangent here!

WOW...im tickled to death...I have really never gotten a whole lot out of you other than just the necessary...

Seems like I struck a nerve...

Well...I have no equipment...just lots of children...I could only dream of having the time/money and learning to play like that...Im working on guitar hero aerosmith edition at the moment.. LOL

As much effort as im putting into that i should be better than gates...Sometimes I play so much that I get horrible forearm pumps from my prop/tren /mast/var combo...play till i cant move my arm...LOL

LOL the tren prop im running now is giving me arm pumps from playing hard and long lol! but my speed has just increased phenominaly recently and im stoked. Putting together some mean ass solos for some songs i wrote. My buddy that i grew up with and played guitar with just as long is also workin on some stuff so hopefully soon we can put our heads together lol.

Yeah i never really venture much outta the q+a forum but damn you did strike a nerve!

And ya know the funny thing is i cant play guitar hero even if my life depended on it! Seriously confused abou that hahaha

I cant wait till i get my rig together tho, ill be like a fat kid in a candy shop! And imma keep pluggin away at his style, only thing i really need right now is a guitar witha floyd rose or of the like as i can do natural harmonics and artificial harmonics like a champ and with a FR i can finally pull of the incredible dive bombs that gates does in which he learned from the master Dime Just so much shit you can do its amazing and YES he makes his guitar cry everytime he straps that thing on, it really is a beautiful thing!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    DUDE...i fvcking fall to pieces when i see him play live...I am going to learn to play like him lol...if i could get that good OMFG...AMAZING

I want to get an autographed guitar from him that he has used....

Also about to get their skull w/ bat wings tatted across my chest...

Seven of slipknot is also pretty bad ass
    Dude Mick thompson is pretty damn good to, they stick to a lot of drop C tuning and the like which is really low on a guitar without locking tuners and heavy strings. Also makes for relaly only death metal type of playing for the most part. But as a guitarist he is pretty damn talented and fast as hell too! One thing is they use a lot of pull offs, triplets, arppeggios,(almost forgot legatos) etc.... not too many fast picked triplets for solos, i like to hear each note picked at an insane speed with some melodic sweeping going on in there.

One reason why i love Syns style is he is so melodic its unbelievable, even since their first album sounding the seventh trumpet, the solos actually has some soul behing it where as most other bands solos are just that, a solo with no soul or feeling behind....just another fast wicked solo and short at that. Hendrix had soul, slash has soul, Zakk does have soul behind some of his solos but mainly he just shreds the hell outta his gibson
    Last edited by legobricks; 11-07-2008 at 05:30 AM.

anyone other avid guitar addicts out there?

Roberto Trujillo(suicidal tendencies, ozzy, metallica)...I know...he's a bassist...still a badass

In the last tour he played a bass solo spinning around so fast that the centrifugal force was holding the guitar in mid air w/ the strap around his neck at head level and he was playing it with one hand.

Looked like a black hair'd mexican tornado....

Roberto Trujillo(suicidal tendencies, ozzy, metallica)...I know...he's a bassist...still a badass

In the last tour he played a bass solo spinning around so fast that the centrifugal force was holding the guitar in mid air w/ the strap around his neck at head level and he was playing it with one hand.

Looked like a black hair'd mexican tornado....

That is hella awesome!

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Dimebag will always be my favorite guitar player.

As for new guitar players...

Check this guy out. He is pretty unknown but plays like hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4n8_fwEmA (hear the solo. Its one of the most beautiful things I ever heard).

This a bit off topic but I had to post this. Listen to this guy playing the classic guitar. Simply divine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGnrRgiw_Wk (Its impossible to tab this).

Check this one from the same guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlqT...eature=related
    Last edited by hugovsilva; 11-07-2008 at 08:18 AM.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i think lego and rhino are new bff 4 life, how sweet

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    syn is gay. he is hyped. and doesnt play as that fast.
    Lots of guitar players blow him out. Any of the guys from Vital Remain for example or Mohamed Suzcmez (sp?) from Necrophagist, or Vogg from Decapitated, Orion and Nergal from Behemoth and Vesania or Morluch from Belphegor, Zyklon and Triumphator from Infernal War, Markus and Jonas from Manegarm, Jon and Seth from Dissection...and so it goes.

Jon

Moh

Vogg

Markus and Jonas (sides)

Nergal and Orion
    Last edited by Voland; 11-07-2008 at 03:50 PM.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^ Wow, someone else on here likes some good bands!

You gotta throw Chuck S. from DEATH in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Thunder View Post
    ^^^^ Wow, someone else on here likes some good bands!

You gotta throw Chuck S. from DEATH in there too.
    true!

RIP chuck

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Watch Abbot piss off the metal heads....Jack White.........Sorry guys had to put my 2 cents in. Much love for all music btw, little off subject, you guys watch Metalocolypse on Adult Swim bc if you dont, you should.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    Watch Abbot piss off the metal heads....Jack White.........Sorry guys had to put my 2 cents in. Much love for all music btw, little off subject, you guys watch Metalocolypse on Adult Swim bc if you dont, you should.
    Jack White can't play to save his life haha. But that's cool.

Fellow guitar freak here, been playing for 8 or so years, metalhead for sure, but I'm into a bit of everything even including jazz. I am definitely no Avenged Sevenfold fan, but that dude can play.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    Jack White can't play to save his life haha. But that's cool.

Fellow guitar freak here, been playing for 8 or so years, metalhead for sure, but I'm into a bit of everything even including jazz. I am definitely no Avenged Sevenfold fan, but that dude can play.
    Mission accomplished Just playin man. Different strokes for different folks. Just felt like chiming in, I'll let you guys get back to your debate.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dimebag darrell

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    dave murray and adrian smith imo was/is/will be greatest.

Yea...those guys aren't bad...they are actually really good...but no one can make you hear every note like SYN...its so exquisite...Plus overall as a band...A7X is just fvcking awesome...

but to each their own..

IMO....

I also like Cradle of Filth....they rock pretty hard....

Also love HIM
    Last edited by rhino1; 11-07-2008 at 09:22 PM.

TONS of new guitarists out there that are just plain amazing! I have a taste for ALL types of music as well, it just so happens that now Syn is probably one of my favorites.

Yeah he is a bit hyped only cus A7x is getting real popular and the bands u mentioned are a lot of death metal bands or what not that arent as famous..some are tho. Once again i just love Syns style and thats pretty much why he's my fav...

Oh and hell yeah Rhino, we BFF's now

Bf4ever and ever

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Yea...those guys aren't bad...they are actually really good...but no one can make you hear every note like SYN...its so exquisite...Plus overall as a band...A7X is just fvcking awesome...
    It's called pro tools

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4 GSR View Post
    It's called pro tools
    Yeah certain amps, guitar pups, and then other recording equipment can all help clarify the notes.

Take for instance the rivera K-tre...that amp almost every note played can be heard which is AWESOME in my eyes but if you suck and make mistakes that also can be clearly heard. Amps like Mesa's, marshalls, krankensteins, hughs and kettner, etc.... can all cover up mistakes which makes it a lot easier to play through them IMO (i say IMO cus ive played through them all and that was what i was hearing) The rivera however was crystal clear, even with the distortion CRANKED on this thing (bottom end and distortion blew my mesa dual rec out of the water!)

Everyone has their favorite guitarists, favorite style of playing, and favorite gear to use, and well i just said it all in all of my posts

Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Yeah certain amps, guitar pups, and then other recording equipment can all help clarify the notes.

Take for instance the rivera K-tre...that amp almost every note played can be heard which is AWESOME in my eyes but if you suck and make mistakes that also can be clearly heard. Amps like Mesa's, marshalls, krankensteins, hughs and kettner, etc.... can all cover up mistakes which makes it a lot easier to play through them IMO (i say IMO cus ive played through them all and that was what i was hearing) The rivera however was crystal clear, even with the distortion CRANKED on this thing (bottom end and distortion blew my mesa dual rec out of the water!)

Everyone has their favorite guitarists, favorite style of playing, and favorite gear to use, and well i just said it all in all of my posts
    Honestly any mesa, marshall, or krank will make mistakes ring through loud and clear, all good amps will do that. I think you are just mistaking the insane high gain end of it that will cover some mistakes but any high gain amp will do that.

Honestly any mesa, marshall, or krank will make mistakes ring through loud and clear, all good amps will do that. I think you are just mistaking the insane high gain end of it that will cover some mistakes but any high gain amp will do that.
    Any amp you can hear mistakes through if the distortion is turned down. Yes im talking about the distortion being cranked all the way up. Even thru the rivera mistakes are noticable and the gain is insane on that amp. Either way they are all AWESOME amps and i would kill to have my dual rec back BUT since im gonna go high dollar amp i figured the rivera was the amp for me.

I really wouldnt call that ownage but Chris can definately shred!

Once again, many guitarists are better then gates, i just like syns style and for NEW guitarists he is one of the better IMO.

dual recs are cool but modded 5150s are whats up for high gain if you can't afford a diezel or bogner

dual recs are cool but modded 5150s are whats up for high gain if you can't afford a diezel or bogner
    Really?

Know anyplace that mods them or are pre-modded? Ive played through 5150's and 5150+ and the newer 6505 versons of both amps and honestly i really wasnt a fan but i didnt mess too much with the settings. U have any settings that i could run through at a guitar shop for it? PM me bro if ya do. The rivera ktre head is 1899.00 and the cab i think is a grand. Love that stack cus it has too much distortion yet can be crystal clear or have just beutiful cleans (im a huge fan of riveras, just my amp of choice i guess). Just an all around great amp and super versitile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmxg5o76UJ8

Rivera K-Tre

I played it and couldnt stop until the guy said he was closing the shop, and even then i asked for like 15more mins.

Best Gates solo....Seize the day....coffin solo...its nothing too technical but is just SO fvcking Beautiful....

Best Gates solo....Seize the day....coffin solo...its nothing too technical but is just SO fvcking Beautiful....
    sounds like november rain solo to me.
    I think that band turn gayer and gayer...sounding the 7th trumpet was a good album. since ten they started sucking...
    BTW the talent of a guitarrist is not measured by the soloing. Anyone can solo. a GREAT gutarrist innovates in the riffs, creates melodies, is fast AND technical during the whole song, etc etc and has a personal style. Synb hasn't he sounds as i've he went to a music school. he lacks the freshness of the self taught.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think I've agreed with all of your thoughts Rhino except i really don't like HIM at all.

Behemoth
    Slipknot
    A7X
    Were the first ones to come to my mind when I read the thread title.

And good call with Mohamed Suicmez Voland
    Also Jeff Loomis from Nevermore wasn't mentioned and the dude's got some skills

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Herman Li from Dragonforce

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    Dimebag will always be my favorite guitar player.
    Same for me and Zack Wild not sure how you spell it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    sounds like november rain solo to me.
    I think that band turn gayer and gayer...sounding the 7th trumpet was a good album. since ten they started sucking...
    BTW the talent of a guitarrist is not measured by the soloing. Anyone can solo. a GREAT gutarrist innovates in the riffs, creates melodies, is fast AND technical during the whole song, etc etc and has a personal style. Synb hasn't he sounds as i've he went to a music school. he lacks the freshness of the self taught.
    Who said playing a solo makes you great...I just said I like it...And on top of that...How can you say a band is gayer and gayer...Just because you dont like them...I dont say who you like is gay...JUST YOU and im so sure you are great yourself...

Thread Information