Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

GUNS Prevent Crimes 2.5-3million times per year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wBwpL-pIE

Gary Clack, University of Florda researcher concludes that guns prevent crime 2.5 - 3 million times per year. The news papers NEVER report the times that guns SAVE lives, do they? If they do report it, they always end the story with "The prosecutors office has said that no charges will be filed at this time." WHAT?! Seriously, does that even need to be stated? The amount of irrational liberalism astonishes me. No logic or common sense what so ever. I wanted to post this because I think we should all be reminded how important our gun rights are to us in the United States. It is interesting because we are the ONLY industrialized advanced nation in the world that "permits" its citizens to own firearms for lawful self defense. Just remember, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
    I would like some input from our members in other countries.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Been thinking about getting a peice lately. I want a pistolla to protect the house, my dog is old and can't do it anymore, and I don't want to get a new one right now.

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    I'm contemplating getting a gun also, it'd be like having 2nd cock

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    A gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone...

MalibuD is offline Associate Member
    Im a firm believer in owning a firearm. Everyone hates guns until they need one. I always hear about home invasions where people are killed and didnt have a gun. I guarantee you in there last minutes they would have given every thing they owned for a gun even if they didnt believe in owning one. I definately think they should be controled because there are some people out there that definately shouldnt have guns. But I wouldnt advise breaking into my house!!!

Blog Entries
    Guns don't kill people, the government does...

Blog Entries
    Been wanting a Sig P229. Too bad they are around a grand.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    p/u a kimber 1911, ed brown special forces.... better yet get a mossberg 590 with and you will be safe.

these are pretty nice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GUNS Prevent Crimes 2.5-3million times per year-tn_2006%2520uspsa_jarrett%25201911.jpg   GUNS Prevent Crimes 2.5-3million times per year-kimber-punisher02.jpg  

sig is nice piece but I would definately go for the kimber but I like their compacts! Cant go wrong either way though! They both accomplish the same job with the same results.

this one should do it.... I would have a light on it, but this guy has a nice setup...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GUNS Prevent Crimes 2.5-3million times per year-mi_fnh_police_tactical9_2_jpg.jpg  

what is a good beginner first timers gun?

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Been wanting a Sig P229. Too bad they are around a grand.

I own one... =)

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    what is a good beginner first timers gun?
    what type of gun and what type of usage bro?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I own one... =)
    I hate you

How much did you pay for it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    p/u a kimber 1911, ed brown special forces.... better yet get a mossberg 590 with and you will be safe.
    Is the kimber what you used in the military? Rangers if I remember correct???

I hate you

How much did you pay for it?
    $900, with 3 magazines...I added hogue grips which were an additional $25...Its in .40cal, and I own a compact S&W4013 in .40cal for carry...

Is the kimber what you used in the military? Rangers if I remember correct???
    no unfortunately i only used the 9m berretta in the unit for close battle when i carried the m60... I have crossed trained with other weapons that are common throughout the world though... a kimber 1911 is excellent feel and you just have to try it. I know some SF dudes who used them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    $900, with 3 magazines...I added hogue grips which were an additional $25...Its in .40cal, and I own a compact S&W4013 in .40cal for carry...
    sweet! Why don't you carry the sig?
    Aren't those what all the LE and peeps use?

no unfortunately i only used the 9m berretta in the unit for close battle when i carried the m60... I have crossed trained with other weapons that are common throughout the world though... a kimber 1911 is excellent feel and you just have to try it. I know some SF dudes who used them.
    Yeah. kimber looks like a fine gun.
    btw, that mossberg is awesome! ha
    A friend of mine told me to look into the Benelli M4

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    You're preaching to the choir godfather.

I chose an H&K USP .45 for my sidearm. It has never jammed yet. Amazing gun, well worth the $960. Simple breakdown, less recoil... I've owned it for years and fired thousands of rounds through it, and I still love it. One of the few automatics I might entrust my life to.

For those of you considering a first gun for home defense I recommend a remington 870 or mossberg 500/590 12ga. pump shotgun. I myself prefer the 870. Both are solid weapons that can be had at reasonable prices, and require less skill to use. A pistol is sweet, but they take more practice and offer far less knockdown power. A good one will also cost more (and this is not a time to bargain shop, you want the best). If you insist upon a pistol, I think a revolver is still a beauty of a first gun. Simple = reliable. Regardless of what you get you should put some time in at the range with it to familiarize yourself with the weapon.

what type of gun and what type of usage bro?
    to pop a cap in po po's asses

i dunno just for basic protection and maybe to go to the gun range here and there

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    these are pretty nice

Hey man, nice Punisher tag

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I live in the UK so cannot imagine owning a gun.

Can you just walk into a shop and buy a gun to carry, or do you need licenses and shit?

My Best Bro has the Franchi SPAS 15. By far the baddest home protection around.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxa3Ypt4Nio

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post

Can you just walk into a shop and buy a gun to carry, or do you need licenses and shit?
    No you cannot just walk into a gun shop and walk out with a gun. I know in every state you definitely need a gun permit and have a decently extensive background check and there is a few different classes the permit can be...whether to carry at all times or just own one at home...just for hunting...etc... I dont know the details.
    in Massachusetts where I live you need to take a gun safety course just to rent a gun at a range!
    which is good, absolutely no way should you be able to walk into a store and walk out with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post

The laws vary from state to state. In California (one of the strictest states) the city police chief or county sheriff may issue you a permit to carry a concealed weapon entirely at their discretion. As for buying one, you must be 18 for a long gun and pass a background check (this takes 10 days). 21 for a pistol and you must pass a written test, background check, and physical test with the gun, demonstrating that you know how to work it safely. I have a "California Department of Justice Handgun Safety Certificate" I must present when I buy a pistol. Also, convicted felons are prohibited from possessing firearms. Ironically, for all of this gun control it is probably cheaper and easier to obtain a weapon illegally.

Blog Entries
    good ol' texas

getting guns is like stealing candy from a baby

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Did someone say they needed a beginner gun. Here are two

I'm sure thegodfather will appreciate this one:

That is how our media is.... Just like who wants to wrote stories of all the good deeds performed in the word. Its all about panic and despair

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    to pop a cap in po po's asses

i dunno just for basic protection and maybe to go to the gun range here and there
    I would say to go with a shotgun for home defense... some high powered handguns are cool for knockdown but if you live in a city you might shoot through a wall and get ur neighbor or something...

I'd say a mossberg or remington with an interchangeable barrel. short barrel for home defense and the longer one for hunting some game.... then you got it all covered..
    Last edited by rockinred; 11-16-2008 at 02:34 PM.

I owned a Desert Eagle. Unreliable piece of crap and super expensive. Would have made a good club, tho.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Here is my little baby

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Guns solve crimes that were probably caused by guns in the first place. In this day in age, I think you should own one just because everyone else does. But it's really just an endless circle.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Last edited by auslifta; 11-16-2008 at 04:42 PM.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Been thinking about getting a peice lately. I want a pistolla to protect the house, my dog is old and can't do it anymore, and I don't want to get a new one right now.
    i think shotguns are best for "home protection" and you can get a nice and reliable shotgun pretty cheap. i just bought my first shotgun friday. it's a mossberg maverick (12g) and it was under $200. mossberg makes a 12g that i believe is called j.i.c. (just in case) and it has a pistol grip and short barrel which is great for close quarters. i picked up a 9mm last year and will get a .45 soon. i know very little about guns but i'm learning and i would like to form a nice collection while i still can. our right to bear arms is very much for our protection imo and if the crooks, gangbangers and cops can have them why the hell shouldn't we?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I live in Singapore and originally from Australia. Guns are totally banned in both countries. And I am happy about that. Its a lot harder to commit mass murder with a knife than a gun, and this seems to be a monthly event in the USA. I would love to see an analysis done between Australia and the USA with regards to crime rate.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I Agree with Kale, I live in Australia and the chance of getting shot is very slim, because you have to hold a license/permit to own a gun.

Also, bowling for columbine anyone? I'm sure the statistics in that doco says enough about the gun crisis in America.
    Last edited by GT2; 11-16-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I Agree with Kale, I live in Australia and the chance of getting shot is very slim, because you have to hold a license/permit to own a gun.

Also, bowling for columbine anyone? I'm sure the statistics in that doco says enough about the gun crisis in America.
    The only "crisis" that exists is in the municipalities and city's which ban the posession of firearms or ban the concealment of firearms by law abiding citizens, forcing them to become helpless victims to thugs/robbers/criminals/gangbangers.

Guns exist for more than just the protection from people with other guns. They unarguably give otherwise weak and helpless victims like the elderly and women an equalizing affect towards any attacker whether the attacker is armed or not. In your country Hamish&andy, if an elderly persons house is broken into by armed or unarmed attackers, they are forced to use less than adequate means to defend themselves, and a more powerful attacker will almost always get the best of them. This problem is solved by law abiding citizens in our country being able to own firearms for lawful self defense against such attacks. We are authorized to use deadly force when met with an opposing deadly force, or the threat of deadly force, and that does not necessarily mean that we have to be threatened with a gun, any other weapon or force which would concievably be a threat to your life authorizes you to respond with an equal or greater force.

You have somewhat of a biased viewpoint because you lift weights and are probably able to handle your own if you are attacked by an unarmed man. However, this is not the case for the MAJORITY of people in society, who are easily overpowered and helpless against such attacks.

Zino is offline Associate Member
    I'm a pretty big guy and can defend myself fine but never leave home without my px4 (45ACP), big muscles wont work against bigger bullets. Especially if I'm with people I would need to protect more likely because of the attention they get, such as girls. Some people might find it irresponsible since its illegal to carry in a 51% establishmentnt or while im having a drink but I still carry then, just in deep concealment such as an ankle. Id rather maybe get in trouble rather than maybe be defenseless against some gangstas.

Zino is offline Associate Member
    Oh, and im working in upgrading my car's bailout bag by adding a couple glock 18s or other glock auto conversion. They are just really hard to find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1RvTJBdRuA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information