IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

This will sound stupid. But feeling uneasy here. anyone ever get this?

I know how stupid this is going to sound, but I changed a flat tire today. And I am making a 3 hour trip tomarrow.

This is where its going to sound stupid. I have only changed tires a couple times in my life. But When I was putting the lug nuts "back on" today, I dont specifically remember me double checking that the tire was pushed "all the way in". I pushed the top area of the tire all the way in and released my hand, then made the bottom flush and released my hand, then proceeded to put the first lug nut back on....But I cant remember the time of between i released my hand from the bottom and put the first lug nut back on?

I do remember that I made those things nice and tight. very nice and tight.

With that lapse of memory that I described, even though i tightened those things very good, Think I am probably ok?

Sorry to sound like a jackass, anyone ever get this feeling? I just feel uneasy since I dont really have time to get the jack out and re do it all again tomarrow before my trip.

Last edited by IronReload04; 11-20-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't think you have too much to worry about, the nuts are tapered and usually allign the wheel back on well as you tighten.....

Dinosaur is offline Member
    it seems like u have milti problem issues with your car/truck....
    ok. i would really check the tires before making any move with car.
    better b safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Don't think you have too much to worry about, the nuts are tapered and usually allign the wheel back on well as you tighten.....
    so, even if i was slightly not in all the way, you are saying tightening will automaticcaly push that sucker all the way in to where it is supposed to be.

They should,,, but just have a look, you should be able to see if there out of wack at the nuts

Oh ... when you tightened the nuts did you do it in opposite order??? like the nut at 12 o'clock then the one at 6 and so on?

Oh ... when you tightened the nuts did you do it in opposite order??? like the nut at 12 o'clock then the one at 6 and so on?
    Ya I for sure Put em on in the right order. star fashion.

Should be ok,,,, if your still unease, put your mind a peace and just take the time to check....

Have a good trip bro

Should be ok,,,, if your still unease, put your mind a peace and just take the time to check....

Have a good trip bro

damn old lifter. thats 2 for 2. (the bullemia thread)

**** it man. better safe than sorry. I have a habbit of careless mistakes anyway.

Also thinking of the kid who killed himself, better to take the extra 20 minutes to double check 5 freaking lugnuts than risk putting my family through what that other kid's is going through.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    this is would I would do if you're really concerned. Lift up the car on the side where you changed the tired, make sure the tire is not all the way down but just a little over the cement or bottom floor and tighten it again.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Double check it. dont put your self or OTHERS AT RISK.

I was just being a paranoid idiot last night

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    you're fine dude. You'll know if its not all the way on right away when you start driving. That tire will wobble and make the car vibrate.

(When I was in highschool, without telling me, my stepfather rotated all four of my tires and forgot to put the lugs nuts back on lol. I drove it to my highschool and back, about 12 miles total. The thing felt like a helecopter trying to take off, the whole car was violently shuttering.)

You'll feel it if its not on.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    you're fine dude. You'll know if its not all the way on right away when you start driving. That tire will wobble and make the car vibrate.

(When I was in highschool, without telling me, my stepfather rotated all four of my tires and forgot to put the lugs nuts back on lol. I drove it to my highschool and back, about 12 miles total. The thing felt like a helecopter trying to take off, the whole car was violently shuttering.)

thanks man....lol lol lol lol

I was just being paranoid last night. I suffer from minor and controllable compulsiviness and anxiety. I was not controlling it very well last night.

importeater91 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post

same thing happened to me with my first car..you will def know if its not tight. ever since then i always make sure its really tight to be positive.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    If you tightend the lugs to the point where the wheel started to rotate while supported by the jack, and then finished them off once the tire was on the ground then it will be fine.

Thread Information