Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Do you think a BIG WAR is coming soon? Within next 30 years?

I'm not talking about Iraq and Afghanastan, I mean big...something to rival WW1 and WW2. I guess im talking about WW3, possibly started over dwindling resources, or Iran/Israel being crazy enough to nuke each other, or growing tensions between the West and Russia/China, or prehaps the mess in the Middle East reaching new heights?

It just seems as the population get's bigger, the world is getting smaller, with people hating everyone else around them.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    we are due for something major

who knows if it will be a war, a meteor, or the like.

but either way.. im down.

kraken is offline Junior Member
    I can see something huge coming in the next few years. Tensions are way too high.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    As long as America keeps its current foreign policy and nation building approach, for sure there will be more war. It's what America does best!
    ***No source checks!!!***

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    if america keeps spending so much time trying to control other countries and not worrying about whats going on here...yes. but i think things will change for the good, hopefully.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I am not sure about all out global war, but I can see wide spread r********* in western countries as their governments become more elitist and internationalized. Nobody wants forced assimilation to a new world order. The French want to be French, the Italians want to be Italians and the British want to be British. They do not want there vital interest decided by a world governing body.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    maybe. i don't really care in 30 yrs i'll be dead. if not i'll be a merecenary in the hypothetic war. at least i'll get some big money.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    With the nuclear era upon us, I don't really see another WW2 on the horizon. Tensions can boil over at any time though, so who knows. It's always possible.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    If so, im moving back to Brazil!

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    As long as America keeps its current foreign policy and nation building approach, for sure there will be more war. It's what America does best!
    Not when the dollar loses its status as a reserve currency.

Then we cant afford to print the money to pay for the warfare.

Any country that has fought major wars has gone off the gold standard.

The US finally cant afford to print things, foreigners are also not going to lend us money to fund a deficit and account we will never pay back.

They will also stop buying our treasuries whent hey realize we cant pay this money back, our interest rates are much to low, and the inflation risk gets to high. When the inflation is higher than the interest rates paid they will have to raise the interest paid.

War is nice but without the power of the central bank war isnt possible. This is why i love this crisis. Maybe the government cant afford things. Our empire will have to shrink for financial reasons. This country is not rich, we are in so much debt, and we cant print our way out of it.

Spending needs to be cut (less government) and sound money needs to be restored.

every dollar the government steals from you via tax is a dollar that would be better spend elsewhere. Every job and failing company they save is a job or a company that would be more productive somewhere else.

The government can only take from A and give to B. No wealth is created and war just squanders peoples savings through higher taxation whether it be through higher taxes or a debasement of the dollar.

Lower standards of living our coming for Americans. The day people lose confidence in the dollar and the day people no longer want to hold them is game over day.

Some day we will talk of the constitution, sound money. Our economy will be based on savings (capital formation) and production. We might have limited government and low taxes again. This is what is really needed. If the government would only get out of the way this could happen. Unfortunately, more war, more regulation, more tax, more inflation, more price fixing, laws, and rules will only delay the process.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I hope not I'm from not exactly the world leader when it comes to all out world wars.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Anything can happen at any given point. A bunch of extremist from some radical group could all walk into schools tomorrow with trash bags filled with gasoline and light the whole damn place up.
    When you are fighting an enemy like America is right now, an enemy who is not only afraid to die, but is happy to die. Then will be considered a hero by his people for doing so. This is unlike anything we have ever faced before as it is an insanity taken to the extreme.
    The only way to fight terror is with terror....done and done. If we do not scare the hell out of them then they have no fear.
    Until we learn how to do this then the radical nuts will just keep doing what they are doing.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    No. Anyone who claims otherwise is retarded and basing it on a paranoid theory.

bigt10 is offline Member
    We should bring all the troops home, get rid of these wasteful government projects like the department of homeland security, protect our own soil and borders. And stop printing, borrowing, and taxing all this money that the government spends on war.

Let people keep the money to save or purchase or invest and create real capital at home.

I cant wait till the day this country sees reality again. If there is one thing that is good is that the government is getting so big and spending so much and everything they are doing to prevent this collapse is going to make it so much worse is at the end of this all people will not want government anymore. We will have to shrink the government for financial reasons.

I dont see how the united states can afford another war. If we cant borrow the money, we dont have it at home from production, its to much to tax, and if no one wants our dollars or buys our debt then if they print the money to fund it will result in hyperinflation.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Something is coming thats for sure, how or what might be a total surprise but there are just too many people,,,, Nature has a way of getting rid of unbalance one way or another

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    we live in interesting times.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    we live in interesting times.
    THAT is for damn sure.

Princes_Gate is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    A bunch of extremist from some radical group could all walk into schools tomorrow with trash bags filled with gasoline and light the whole damn place up.
    Please can you do me a favour? fill a trash bag with gasoline and watch what happens.
    This could not happen tomorrow

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    hell a war would give us that economic boost... just look at history to tell you that

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Nope

transform is offline Associate Member
    No, i dont think so.

Some reasons for this would be that in WW1 and even WW2 (although to a slightly lesser extent) the idea of fighting and going to war for your country was an exciting and adventurous thing, and in the early 20th century concepts of nationalism and patriotism became far far more prominent. Thats not really the case anymore in this day and age, I think.

And furthermore, after WW2 governments all promoted tourism and encouraged people to go to foreign countries and so on for holidays or whatever so they could meet and interact with foreigners and get a feel of their culture to help avoid narrow mindedness and extreme nationalism from spreading again. And after the 2nd world war Europe became far more integrated.... etc.

Thats part of the reason I dont think therell ever be another all out global war again. And also because people nowadays know that another World War it would be devestating. I know theres extremists and terrorists and parts of the world that dont share secular liberal ideals most western nations do at the moment, but I dont think itll escalate to a 3rd world war.

Sorry, meant to keep that answer short but went on kind of a rant lol

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think so, I might have to move to Mex.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    eh, i'll do what i can here until shit actually hits the fan, then it'll be Brazil or thailand or Australia...who knows

sizerp is offline Banned
    Being American kicks ass... Hope the war is in Hawaii again.

bigt10 is offline Member
    If we had a real gold standard we wouldn't ever have war again.

Take the power away from the government to create money through a printing press, fractional reserve banking, issuing more debt through the sale of bonds or adding it to the national debt and the concept of war becomes ridiculous cause the only way possible would be to tax citizens to the rate they would revolt against their own government.

Almost Every time a country has gone into a major war they got off the gold standard and started printing money to pay for it.

Anabody is offline Banned
    America is history as a superpower, depends if new superpower wants to exersize muscle. I say def going to be world war 3.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Irrespective of WHEN, I'd bet my last dollar that China is the impetus or partial root cause of the next WORLD conflict.

Book it!

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Irrespective of WHEN, I'd bet my last dollar that China is the impetus or partial root cause of the next WORLD conflict.

Book it!
    ^^^^^ that would be a sure bet..... On a scale of trust i would rate them as a zero......

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post

Book it!
    i agree 100%. china has all signs. there was a major military build up before the last 2 and china has been doing that the last few years. there actually right behind us on military spending right now and have more nuclear subs in there fleet now then our navy. our navy and most of our military is downsizing alot of things and china continues to build up at an alarming rate. its inevidable and will happen witch is unfortunate since china has 1.8billion people and a huge nuclear arsenal
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

And to add to that they have a huge shortage of women,,,,,

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    yeah china is the one we have to watch out for, but dont think everyone knows it, the government has something hidden away somewhere, (thats U.S)
    Everything happenes in cycles and it has been shown throught history that something will eventually happen.

who knows maybe aliens will invade.........?

All i know is im going out with a bang

Quote Originally Posted by Princes_Gate View Post
    Please can you do me a favour? fill a trash bag with gasoline and watch what happens.
    This could not happen tomorrow
    They could easily have containers inside the bags so the gas does not eat through it. My point being it would not be questioned by a passer by.

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    And to add to that they have a huge shortage of women,,,,,
    China has started to import women from from nearby Thailand and Vietnam to try and negate the effect of not having daughters for so long. They are using mail order bride services I would assume.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i agree 100%. china has all signs. there was a major military build up before the last 2 and china has been doing that the last few years. there actually right behind us on military spending right now and have more nuclear subs in there fleet now then our navy. our navy and most of our military is downsizing alot of things and china continues to build up at an alarming rate. its inevidable and will happen witch is unfortunate since china has 1.8billion people and a huge nuclear arsenal
    Well to be fair the US spends twice as much on its military as China, russia, France, UK, Japan, Germany and Italy combined. Ten times as much as china.

Of course you get a whole lot more dollar per dollar in china than in the us. But is still not even close, you cut could your spending in half and still have plenty over to beat both China and Russia in a conventional war.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...d/spending.htm

I personaly doubt we will se another war betwen the major world powers, simply because such a war can not be won and everyone knows it. Nukes have keept the peace for over 60 years now. Who would start a war knowing that even in the best case scenario your country would lose half its population and all major cities?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i agree that a war will not be start between any of the 3 major powers but i can definatly see a country like north korea, iran or pakistan hitting a neighbor who is a US ally with a nuke and a major war starting that way. example, iran nukes isreal and we attack iran and since russia has alot of interests in iran they come to aid them. same scenerio with north and south korea and pakistean and india
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    agreed 100%. By the way, assuming you read "The R*********: A Manifesto," how is it? But, yes, as long as the United States keeps its soldiers spread out throughout the world, and keeps sticking its nose in other nations' business, we can expect to be involved in a very big war, and probably on the losing end of it.

Thread Information