Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member

Broke up with my gf...I feel like sh1t

edited
    Last edited by GT2; 07-09-2009 at 08:18 PM.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    100 bucks says you'll be back with her a few more times before you really break up with her.
    Either way dude goodluck and better find a new lay or you will keep going back for more plus from what i hear your on test too right ????

GT2
    edit
    Last edited by GT2; 04-23-2010 at 01:51 AM.

sportfan33 is offline Associate Member
    Well iv been there, and it does suck! If i could do it all over again, i prolly would have stayed with her and just let the relationship take its natural course. I think over time u would just drift apart since u know that your not going to be with her. Yes u r young so dont let ur relationships with girls hurt ur life or make u depressed. Live free and have fun.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    good luck, young love is tough to get over. life goes on though, you'll see.

GT2
    edit

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Why did u break up with her...... I thought you said you sorted and got the bitch in line?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    You will get better, i've recently gone through a break up, its hurts for a long time. Stay strong if you wanna chat PM me if you want

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    You'll be back

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Oh man...young love. You feel like your world is crashing down all around you, but you should take a step back and see the situation for what it really is...

You're a young stud.
    You're reasonably good-looking and in good shape.
    The world is your oyster. EAT THE MUTHERFCUKER!!

Trust me, I've got 20 years on you and been where you are now. The sooner you get over her, the sooner you can move on to the next warm, wet hole to comfort yourself. When you hit 30, then start looking for a serious relationship. Until then, whore it up (be wise, condomize)!!

GT2
    edit

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Dude we have all been there. I am 53 and my first breakup with someone I loved was when I was 25 and I still feel it. The pain is bad to begin with and you think you will never get over it, but the voice of considerable experience is telling you you will. You are only 19, for christ sake go out and enjoy life, you dont need to be teatherd to a ho this early in your life

GT2
    edit

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    This is exactly why I broke up with her, and I mentioned that in politer terms in my original post
    Well your a smart kid. Stick to you guns and dont go back, the temptation will be great to do that by the way. Go and have some fun. When I ended my first marriage I jumped on a plane and went to Club Med in Tahiti. I didnt think about anything but having fun for a week !!!

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    ride through the storm hommes, it'll pass and things will be alot more clear. its easy to get lonely and let your judgement be effected by what could make your life easier right now.(aka, getting back together)pretty soon nostalgia wears thin then youre just plain moving on. its sad that love comes and goes but so is staying in a relationship that isint what it should be or what you want...you'll be fine.

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    Least it frees up more time for the gym, and like you said mate, your only young so you can go out an do whatever you want now.

By the way, you may now need a Fleshlight !!!! (Google It)

GT2
    edit
    Last edited by GT2; 04-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if breaking up with her can make you feel so bad then how did you come to the conclusion that it was a good move? if being with her makes you that happy and losing her just made you have the worst day of your life then i would have to say you made a huge mistake. yes your young but what if you never meet anyone that will make you as happy as she did? she will be over you in a few weeks and will be banging someone else so what happens if she falls in love and marries in a year or 2? then your stuck 2nd guessing yourself for the rest of your life.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Maverick_J8 is offline Member
    It will be easier for you than it will her. They say Love is basically an addiction - exactly like a drug addiction - and we basically become addicted to that somebody. The exact reason why it's easier for the "dumper" than it is for the one being "dumped"; the dumper has time to slowly ween off their addiction (at their choice), making it easier; whilst the one being dumped has their addiction taken away whilst on that high. And just like what happens when you take a drug away from the addict - They helplessly crumble. Trying to get that high back.

If that's any constellation whatsover. But it is very very true.

I have been through the same. It ****ing hurt. It felt like the end of the world. It felt like I could never love someone else again.. ever.

3 month later... I haven't spoken with her once, and life is brilliant.

It gets better. As cheesy as it is to say - Time is a Healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_J8 View Post
    It will be easier for you than it will her. They say Love is basically an addiction - exactly like a drug addiction - and we basically become addicted to that somebody. The exact reason why it's easier for the "dumper" than it is for the one being "dumped"; the dumper has time to slowly ween off their addiction (at their choice), making it easier; whilst the one being dumped has their addiction taken away whilst on that high. And just like what happens when you take a drug away from the addict - They helplessly crumble. Trying to get that high back.

If that's any constellation whatsover. But it is very very true.

I have been through the same. It ****ing hurt. It felt like the end of the world. It felt like I could never love someone else again.. ever.

3 month later... I haven't spoken with her once, and life is brilliant.

It gets better. As cheesy as it is to say - Time is a Healer.
    you hit the nail on the head so many times

playboii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    if breaking up with her can make you feel so bad then how did you come to the conclusion that it was a good move? if being with her makes you that happy and losing her just made you have the worst day of your life then i would have to say you made a huge mistake. yes your young but what if you never meet anyone that will make you as happy as she did? she will be over you in a few weeks and will be banging someone else so what happens if she falls in love and marries in a year or 2? then your stuck 2nd guessing yourself for the rest of your life.
    this is true...I went through this myself...and also the thought of another dude banging a girl you still care about?

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playboii View Post
    this is true...I went through this myself...and also the thought of another dude banging a girl you still care about?
    That is the absolute worst.

I went through the same thing about 10 months ago and I still think about her all the time. I've dated a couple of girls, one for 3 months, and a couple weekers who were more like fvck buddies, but I also broke up with my girl. I did it because I didn't want to be held down but looking back now, sometimes thats all I want.

I think it has to do more with maturity than anything else. Sometimes I just don't know what I want, and props to you for not stringing her along. I know I made the right decision but that doesn't make it any easier.

The thing that works best for me is to hang out with your other single buds. Lift, play some video games, do whatever made you happy when you were still with her. Don't jump into getting with other girls, it will just make you more miserable, trust me.

Anyways my rant is done, just do what makes you happy bro. Good luck

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i still think about my most recent ex a lot. she left a big mark on me but at the end of the day it didnt work and she always made a point of telling me how miserable i made her, even though she still wanted things. i gave her the opportunity and she couldnt pick me, and by the time she wanted things, i had found someone else.

life moves on, but some people will stay in your thoughts for a while. just do what you have to do to get through it and things will get better in time. keep communication to a minimuml, preferrably nonexistant.

Towel is offline Associate Member
    braking up with regrets is no good bro. This might stick in your head for a while before you forget about her. Goodluck
    Last edited by Towel; 12-08-2008 at 04:32 PM.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Selfish decision in IMO....I have a shitload of experience in this area...Let me tell you first hand bro, the grass is usually not greener on the other side.

GT2
    edit

GT2
    edit

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Single and available = More ass than a toilet seat. Go and enjoy your youth bro! Lykes 101 rule.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Never leave someone you actually want and love it doesnt make sense. And if you don't like them then you just need to be the one to do it to make them leave.

Some girls will go crazy if you leave them so you just need to act differently to get them to leave.

I dont know why you did if you still really love her. Other guys are saying just go have sex with other people but if he really still has feelings for her it wont help.

Ill say one thing though, if its your first girlfreind and you really loved her and broke up with her your never gonna be the same. J-Dogg said that a while ago and its true. The first time you cheat on someone its just never the same after, you just wont care as much.

I say stay with her until atleast you cant have a relationship with her such as leaving the country. If she makes you happy and you like her then why leave.....

Of course you can always go get ass elsewhere but if she is more than ass and you actually like her that's hard to do,so just be careful and tell her or she might never come back and take it the wrong way.

goood luck

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Selfish decision in IMO....I have a shitload of experience in this area...Let me tell you first hand bro, the grass is usually not greener on the other side.
    Ya i have to agree here. Either you want to be in a relationship with someone or you dont want to. If you really liked her alot its not a good idea to go because your just gonna go with other people and everytime its gonna **** with your head cause itll never be as good as it was with her.

Sometimes that Grass is Greener on the other side etc, but if you have been with her 2 years chances are it wont be greener on the other side. Unless you just dont want to be in a relationship then what you did made sense.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not bashing any advice here, but if you love a girl....why break up with her?

You are 19, in college, those are the years you can build on a life with someone with.

Throw away love because you are young and want to experince life/strange ass?

She sounds like a good loyal girl if she was with you for 5 months before she would sleep with you.

I'll tell you, when you are 25, you are not going to find a single girl like that very easy. You'll be feeding off the left overs and girls with 1-3 kids.

Hopfully she'll give you some time, but honestly bro, I've been there, the single life is awsome on the weekends and depressing for the rest. Don't throw away what you have to experince somthing you think you want.

GT2
    edit

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no right or wrong here. Whether it was a good decision or not, you've made it. You know what's right for you. Life goes on.

I think if you're ever in the position where thinking of ending the relationship is crossing your mind then you've got to seriously re-examine if you're in the right relationship.

When you're ready and you meet the right one, that thought won't even cross your mind.

Edit - not to be confused with thoughts of screwing other women entering your mind. Those will always be there as long as there are attractive women around. It's just that ultimately you won't want to give up the one you've got for em.

danno39 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah it sucks but you did "Man Up" and it was the right move. Hopefully you will stand by your guns and not go back 2 or 3 times. If you do you will find the same problems. Also the special things between you guys wont be the same because they never are.

Wait till your between 35 - 40. Everyone I know who got married in their 20's is either unhappy or divorced with 30% of the income supporting the X's fat ass, her plastic surgery (so she can get laid) or whatever new toy she wants to buy this month. The guys that waited don't miss any of the partying because they've had it all. If you take care of yourself and have your shit together financially you will have the same or better choice of women than you have now.

Stay strong and single. (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I appreciate everyone's advice, and J-dogg, I hear you.

Half of you guys support my decision, and the other half are saying it's a big mistake. You can understand why I'm pretty confused at the moment.

The thing is, I'm not looking for another girl to jump into a relationship with in the next few years. I simply don't think a serious relationship (whether or not we are both in love) is necessary for someone my age...

At my age, I should be focusing wholly on my studies, in order to build a greater foundation for my professional/career life.

I do believe that if something is meant to be, then it shall be. We will continue to stay good friends, and see each other and hang out every now and then, because I DO see us being together in the future, at a more appropriate time.

Would you see this reasoning as mature and wise, or still a big mistake?

I am lucky to have been brought up in a successful family, with good connections, and high moral value. I look at all successful people around me, and they all made sacrifices to be where they are today. I want to take full advantage of the education I am fortunate enough to have earned (and bestowed with), and excel in my field of study, both academically and professionally. Being in a serious relationship (IMO) will only hinder my success.
    i fully understand your decision. But to put success in a career and academic life, over a relationship, is very shallow and materialistic. You should of based your decision on experienceing the variety of life, and at such a young age. and not by the affection of someone toward you as a hinderence to a so called 'successful life'. i guess my idea of success differs from most.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I don’t want to pick you apart, or your choices, we all look for different things in our lives, and we all have different goals.

I came from a different family, but I think our goals at 19 were about the same. I came from a very poor family, 4 kids and a single Mom that made $7 an hour and liked to drink and smoke pot more than be a mom.
    I grew up HATING being poor. I worked very hard from a young age. I’ll be the first to admit, I sucked in school, but I had my wits. I knew a lot about anything I was passionate about.
    I’m 28 now, have a substantial amount invested in to properties. I have 5 houses and a fast growing roofing company. Honestly, I’m probably the most accomplished business wise person I graduated with. Most of my friends I graduated with that had money, look up to me, for what I’ve done alone.

Through this, I’ve learned the money does not matter so much. It’s not that important too me. I’m 28 now, I want to have kids, I want to have a wife to take care of. I don’t need all these houses for myself….I don’t need millions when I retire, what am I going to do with it?

It took me awhile, but I learned I worked hard to provide. Not for me, you are going to get to a spot in your life, that you want to share what you have. I remember having a pregnancy scare one time. I thought “this is going to **** up my whole career”. Look how hard I work for myself though… How hard will I work to support one of my kids and a girl I love? I would be the best dad in the world and I would make sure everything would be taken care of. It was just a scare, but you can’t go through life playing it safe.

If you want to play it safe, you might have a nice house, a nice car, your friends you probably won’t ever really trust. You can’t trust a girl, she may divorce you in 20 years and take 30% of your income right? What makes you think your friends don’t’ just want to hang out for some free drinks or to pick off the left over money grubbing whores chasing you?

I’d suggest play it safe, never get married, you might loose some money, or maybe not flourish in your career as much as you think you could.

You might find though, with that supportive woman behind you, you will become a better man, a better lover, a better husband and a perfect father.
    I think we have all been in your position; I would just hate to live life wondering, regretting a choice I made. Money can’t buy you love, in fact if you have it, you’ll probably never trust love, there will always be an alterior motive. She loves you as a poor college student, she will probably love you as a professional.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    You are young and have a lot of life to live, I just hope that you didn't lose a good thing because you were afraid you were missing out on something else. But it's good to hear that a guy actually cares and is trying to do the right thing.

GT2
    edit

GT2
    ediot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information