JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

Knee trouble... Share your thoughts please.

My left knee started getting sore about a year ago. About one or two days a month I would get a twinge in it whenever I bent it any more than about 45 degrees and put any weight on it. It would just kinda "give out" so to speak. The "twinge" feeling would happen in the middle of the back and at the bottom right just below the knee cap (about 5 o'clock if you are looking at it). Now within the last month or so it has been getting worse. There isn't a lot of pain (2 out of 10 on the pain scale), but it's causing some problems. When I keep my leg in the same position for a while (driving, riding my motorcycle, basically whenever Im sitting), it becomes very stiff feeling. I can't sit still for more than a few minutes without readjusting or getting up and walking around, and its keeping me from falling asleep at night. I know it's impossible to know what it is without getting checked, but I just wanted some input from anyone who has had knee problems or experiences anything similar to this. I know I should see a doctor, and I plan on making an appointment next week. The military doctors are just gonna prescribe me some ibuprofen and tell me to come back if it gets worse though, and if you want an MRI you have to wait a long long time to have one done. Just looking for your $.02 for now......

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Is there any swelling? Could be anything from prepatellar buritis, to a slight case of tendonitis in your patella tendon, to a slight tear in your meniscus.

I would get it checked out. You say there is pain in the back too, which could indicate a strain or slight tear to one of the ligaments. Do you have any trouble with lateral movements?

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    i had a similar situation i got from basketball. although mine would end hurting very bad if i kept it bent in the same position for a period of time. i had tendonitis in my patella tendon as verademilo suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant8010 View Post
    i had a similar situation i got from basketball. although mine would end hurting very bad if i kept it bent in the same position for a period of time. i had tendonitis in my patella tendon as verademilo suggested.
    I did a little reading and it sounds a lot like what Im experiencing. How did your situation work out? Like what did you have to do for treatment, does it still cause trouble, etc....? I made an appointment today, I go to see the doc next week.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Is there any swelling? Could be anything from prepatellar buritis, to a slight case of tendonitis in your patella tendon, to a slight tear in your meniscus.

I would get it checked out. You say there is pain in the back too, which could indicate a strain or slight tear to one of the ligaments. Do you have any trouble with lateral movements?
    There is not any noticeable swelling, it gets a little puffy but nothing bad at all. As far as lateral movement goes, I haven't participated in anything that would really require any sort of "athletic" movement. The only exercise I really do is long distance running aside from weights. It's also kinda weird because I can do extensions/curls no problem, but the pain only comes during presses/squats, and not all the time either.

Blog Entries
    ive had knee probs for years but mostly muniscus issues.ive had 3 surgeries over the years and ive found that by doing a full legg rouitine once a week with squatts,legpresses,leg curls,calf training keeps the pain out of my legs and makes them feel tighter and strong.if i miss a week my right knee swells and hurts bad.its weird but by working them hard it actually keeps them pain free.

bigswole32 is offline Junior Member
    i had the same problem your having. they turned my legs in weird ways and told me i tore my menicus and that i would heal within 2 - 4 weeks. well just to be safe i waited 5 weeks and still the same... so.... he finally gave me an MRI and we find out its a piece of torn cartilage.. what a fag. had to get scope on it and now its all good

Thread Information