bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Whats a hot new phone?

I have a N95....i was thinking about the i phone or the nokia 5800, what do you think?

melbgymnst is offline Junior Member
    hey my brother has the iphone, its not a bad phone. a few basic features missing from what he has told me, one of which i can remember is it has no video record.
    he also has the htc diamond which he said was good but he reckons once you have had an iphone you wont go back.
    thats just my .02 anyway

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    depends what you want it for. for more business oriented things... get the HTC TILT or HTC DIAMOND. even the HTC G1 phone

for just a fun poppish phone the Iphone

i have an HTC TILT

i love it. but i do alot of business, web browsing, reminders, calender dates and such on it.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I have a Blackberry Curve now and I'm happy with it. Work furnishes our phone's so I don't get to choose. I like this a lot more than the Pocket PC it replaced.

this is the HTC TILT. its screen is touch screen.

then you can also slide the screen out and tilt it up and use the keyboard
    it runs off microsoft windows mobile. so you theres alot you can do with it. email. even make spreadsheets and write up word documents. not to mention all the things you can download to it. plus it has a great camera (better then the Iphone) it records video. MP3 player. video player and that jazz

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    holy sh!t thats HOT

Quote Originally Posted by bor View Post
    holy sh!t thats HOT
    i know. thats why i have it.

but seriously its a good phone

you can also buy a memory card for it. make it run a bit faster. save all your pics and music to it to keep the phone less cluttered

oh it also has WI-FI connection

so anywhere that has free WI-FI you can hop online for nothing

but i have a data plan so i have internet included anyways

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't wait till the new blackberrry!~

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Diamond Smart Phone. Around a million

Big
    I got tired of the touch screen on the pocket pc pretty quickly. The first time I accidentally bumped the screen putting it away and called my wife back without knowing it was enough of that. Then add in the smudges and scuffs on the screen in the areas I frequently used, etc, and I wouldn't want another one. It was novel for about a month, then I was over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I got tired of the touch screen on the pocket pc pretty quickly. The first time I accidentally bumped the screen putting it away and called my wife back without knowing it was enough of that. Then add in the smudges and scuffs on the screen in the areas I frequently used, etc, and I wouldn't want another one. It was novel for about a month, then I was over it.
    i buy little screen covers. that way the screen doesnt actually get touched. the cover does. use it till its used up. peel it off. stick on a new one

also my touch screen has a lock feature. it locks up so if the screen is pressed... nothing happens. Iphones have the lock featuer also. just different method then my phone.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    i buy little screen covers. that way the screen doesnt actually get touched. the cover does. use it till its used up. peel it off. stick on a new one

also my touch screen has a lock feature. it locks up so if the screen is pressed... nothing happens. Iphones have the lock featuer also. just different method then my phone.
    Yeah I used those too, my phone was almost identical to yours, it just slid instead of tilting otherwise looked the same. All things considered I still prefer the curve, more features in a smaller lighter package, although if work hadn't switched I would have just kept the other one. I wasn't so unhappy I would pay for something else, but for free why not lol.

free works!!

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I really love my iphone. It actually has not let me done for email with microsoft exchange. It also does a great job of opening MS office documents and adobe items. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have copy and paste on it. I'm not sure if any phone does, but it would be nice to have that.

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Samsung BEHOLD T919 and Blackberry Storm are the best new phones out there. If you want to know the latest and incoming phones go to www.gsmarena.com

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    ***No source checks!!!***

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Here you go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats a hot new phone?-string-phone.jpg  

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    iphone is hot right now.

i have a blackberry pearl and i love it. all the features i need.

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    I have an Iphone, but the new blackberry storm is bad ass and so is the G1.. If you like blackberry's go with the storm, if you like a regular phone choose between the G1 and Iphone.. I prefer the Iphone because of the ipod build in

sizerp is offline Banned
    The Blackberry Storm is kinda like the iPhone. Pretty sweet looking IMO.

Jakspro is offline Member
    I'm the biggest advocate of Apple, and have an iPhone, however, it unfortunately has many many many limitations. Sucks.

What's the main use of your phone? Business, playing games, ect.?

Well i like the HTC any model. Its really worth. Doesn't sucks like IPHONE.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    the G1 looks alright...i got the new sidekick and its very nice...alot better than the first sidekicks. i was comparing my brothers older sidekick to mine and the new ones are less bulky and the screen is much clearer...i also like the one dukkits got...shit there are so many to choose from now

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro View Post
    I'm the biggest advocate of Apple, and have an iPhone, however, it unfortunately has many many many limitations. Sucks.

What's the main use of your phone? Business, playing games, ect.?
    What are the limitations you have with the iPhone? I have it and have no problems with business use and day to day use.

Biggest 2 issues that I'm trying to find a work around, and to my knowledge there isn't anything out there:

1) Cannot sync from multiple calenders, and I work on 3 computers daily.

2) Exchange only works with new exchange servers (compatibility issues with older exchange servers, and my university department E-mail runs on exchange sever 2000, while the university general E-mail exchange servers are 2007 and it works decently but I need to use both E-mails. I'm lobbying to update the department, but no one's honoring my reasoning.)

Oh, and speaking of Exchange E-mails, you can only have one account active on the phone, so you have to turn the other inactive. Not sure if you can have multiple accounts on a Blackberry but I presume you can.

The calender one strikes me as odd; on of the biggest pragmatic uses of a smart phone is to sync a work calender to a home calender, not to mention if you work in multiple offices with multiple computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    I really love my iphone. It actually has not let me done for email with microsoft exchange. It also does a great job of opening MS office documents and adobe items. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have copy and paste on it. I'm not sure if any phone does, but it would be nice to have that.
    my phone has copy and paste

iPhone has copy and paste - However, you need to download an app for it.

Oh, and need I mention that the iF*ck can't even do 'Tasks'. So, it cannot even fully sync with its own native app, iCal. The iPhone is NOT a business phone. Sucks, it would have been the ultimate phone had it been.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro View Post
    Oh, and need I mention that the iF*ck can't even do 'Tasks'. So, it cannot even fully sync with its own native app, iCal. The iPhone is NOT a business phone. Sucks, it would have been the ultimate phone had it been.

It's likely a pain in the ass but I believe iCal can sync to Google Calender and Google Calender can sync to your iPhone Calender. I'm not positive but I thought I've read that somewhere.

Yeah, that will work. I've tried it and like you said, it is a lot of pain. There is another solution offered in Entourage 2008, but it is limited and done horribly. After suggesting a solution to Apple, I got a reply a while back stating that Snow Leopard will have full integration of Exchange - iCal, Contacts, Mail. Apple is catching up to where Windoze was in 2000, haha. I'll just wish for the best though.

Thread Information