Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    i dunno if i'm "scared" of death because there very well could be "nothing"...

it's just - i didn't exist for billions and trillions of years...like...where was my soul or life before then?... it will most likely be like that "after" too.

i just life my life the best i can currently, and not worry about it.
    thats precisely what scares me. to know existance and to just return back to a pre existant state seems incomprehensible to me. its unsettlig to think about.

i try to just life my life the best i can as well since it sure seems that this is the only shot you get at it.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    thats precisely what scares me. to know existance and to just return back to a pre existant state seems incomprehensible to me. its unsettlig to think about.

i try to just life my life the best i can as well since it sure seems that this is the only shot you get at it.
    Same here. Thats exactly how I see it.

We go back to where we were before birth...Nowhere.

Unless....Ah...I got it....

The Matrix.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    All I can say is that if you live your life as if there is no God........you'd better be right.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Bacteria divides by binary fisison not mitosis it's as simple as that.

homework ugh, I'll grab a few off google for you I guess.

http://longevity.about.com/od/resear.../telomeres.htm

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/conte...its/telomeres/

http://www.nature.com/nchembio/journ...o.2007.38.html

The simple fact is, if you don't die, you can't evolve. Our lifespan is a match between us being effective creatures...having enough time to learn and pass down and nurture the next generation and a speedy turnover to allow for more generations. It's a trade off.
    discussing telomere, I don't know too much on this.... in your first post you talked about oxidation of cells which attempts to explain the aging of cells through our breathing.... these are still yet theories. one of many... the whole stem cell research was initiated on identifying the reason for cell aging.

Here is a a source that states we clearly do not know why we age...

google why do we age or how do we age....

http://www.bionetonline.org/english/...t/ll_cont3.htm

This is an organization dedicated to this very subject. the links you have above go into the effect and not the cause... the cause is what is unknown...

I don't see anywhere where we have evolved and become smarter. Can you please point out where this is evident... Most advancements and opportunities to learn new things like we are discussing come from additional time available that was created through civilization, which is from communities coming together to work as a whole group and allow more free time....

this group as a whole can work together so that one can produce a food for the whole, another can build a home, another now has time to dedicate themselves to study biology, etc.... before civilization it was spent on other necessities and this stuff we are talking about is irrelevant to your survival...

also, I think humans are not millions, and millions of years old... the earth would have filled up a long time ago... think how fast the population is multiplying within the past 500 yrs... this is because we are relatively new to the planet and the growth is evident... the exploration of the earth is evident and recorded.... civilization is new and evident and the results of it are new and evident...

If you read stuff that was written a few thousand years ago it is not simple, in fact the language we are speaking now is a lot more simple then other older languages and writings... I don't see anything evolved... you have new civilization that come together to produce something from coming together and acting as a whole... that was inevitable because of the growth... not because we are evolving, which it can be seen that way on the surface of this day and time without looking into why we have the ability to focus on certain thing.... sizerp stated we took a long time to make an atomic bomb... well actually it was pretty quick.... once agian, the resources to create somethign like that takes a community and commitment as whole to this task... that is why it can be done...

oh well,

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    All I can say is that if you live your life as if there is no God........you'd better be right.
    haha i love this quote

what happens if im wrong? i go to hell? but god should love me and forgive me! id rather go to hell that praise some insecure thing who deceives and punishes so severly yet leads us to believe he loves us.

gods- what a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20 View Post
    haha i love this quote

what happens if im wrong? i go to hell? but god should love me and forgive me! id rather go to hell that praise some insecure thing who deceives and punishes so severly yet leads us to believe he loves us.

gods- what a joke!
    hell is folklore... hell = the grave/death... nothingness... look up the meaning of the term hell... it was used interchangeably with the Sheol, which means the grave, from Hebrew to Greek... language barrier which lead to the mix and interchanging of the meaning with the Greeek meaning of Hell/Hades... the answers and meaning are there if you look.

what happens if your wrong? Well thats it, lights out...DEATH. but if you believe then you have a chance to live again.... if you don't love life then I guess you love death and that is where you will go and your thoughts will perish and it will be over just like you already know.

simple enough for me.

is heaven not folklore as well?

and why would i want to live again?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i'll say it again:
    Live your life like there is nothing after it ends...and in a way that if there is you'll be in a position to have an opportunity to enjoy it.

Think about it ..its a win win....

is heaven not folklore as well?

and why would i want to live again?
    The definition of the term heaven has never changed through the translations and languages... the reason is because it is an original term to describe a place where Spirit beings live... so to all those who say the universe is so vast and there probably is life... well I agree and there is other intelligent life forms called spirits/angels/demons if you will. Our life was meant to be lived here on Earth at this point in time and the term Soul actually means life, not a seperate being that exists or continues living... God's spirit sustains your life and all life... it is sustained through breathing.... any living being that has God's spirit breathes... he pulls his spirit away and you die... that goes back to the cell aging...to me it coincides with Gods spirit and when he pronounced death he pulled his spirit, causing us to die, or scientifically would be the aging of our cells.

The only reason i want to live again is to enjoy life for what it was inteded for... to live forever like most of our hearts desire and just like the starter of this thread and many confirmed also desire... what most agree on is the desire to live on, but not the conditions... well, I think there is a plan and purpose for all that to change sometime soon.

When I die, I will go to sleep to await my awakening... time will elapse just like when you go to sleep... this is true justice to me.... think about when you go to sleep and awake, you just lapsed time.. many people did many things during that time, but to you it was nill, time really didn't exist... the same when you die... if you wake up, many things happened but you only know when you last closed your eyes.. you did not wait for hundreds or thousands of years... to me God's plan and works are always perfect...whether we understand them or not.

why does your heart have a desire to live forever? we are insecure creatures who feel we have to know the explanation for everything hence the creation of gods. the mayans believed they had to make a human sacrifice to ensure the sun rose every day.

you say hell is folklore and heaven is a term that has never changed. hell would have had to come around at the same time as the definition of heaven- which leads me to this- who defined heaven? if i asked you to define a car, you will give me a definition created by man. if you describe a cookie, you get a definition created by man. typically though, if i ask you to define any sort of religious term, then god made it and it has survived language barriers and translations.

who did god tell these things to?

with regards to gods breathing, does god decide that the drug dealer down the street can live, but his customers deserve to have gods breath taken away? why has god decided that over the past 1000 years he will take his spritual breath away on average 25-30 years later?

god is just a word given to the unexplained. if god existed, and we were all loved equally, we would all be one massive family. and yet we live on a planet where we are consumed by war. a planet that is constantly changing to maintain itself (like us, relys on homeostasis) and doesnt care about us. history shows that the dominant species always dies out. we are a result of evolution with no benefit to this planet. be it an ice age, or a mega volcano, or an asteroid strike, we will die out- thats going to be one big breath by God!

why does your heart have a desire to live forever? we are insecure creatures who feel we have to know the explanation for everything hence the creation of gods. the mayans believed they had to make a human sacrifice to ensure the sun rose every day.

you say hell is folklore and heaven is a term that has never changed. hell would have had to come around at the same time as the definition of heaven- which leads me to this- who defined heaven? if i asked you to define a car, you will give me a definition created by man. if you describe a cookie, you get a definition created by man. typically though, if i ask you to define any sort of religious term, then god made it and it has survived language barriers and translations.

who did god tell these things to?

with regards to gods breathing, does god decide that the drug dealer down the street can live, but his customers deserve to have gods breath taken away? why has god decided that over the past 1000 years he will take his spritual breath away on average 25-30 years later?

god is just a word given to the unexplained. if god existed, and we were all loved equally, we would all be one massive family. and yet we live on a planet where we are consumed by war. a planet that is constantly changing to maintain itself (like us, relys on homeostasis) and doesnt care about us. history shows that the dominant species always dies out. we are a result of evolution with no benefit to this planet. be it an ice age, or a mega volcano, or an asteroid strike, we will die out- thats going to be one big breath by God!
    ok, but lets go deeper... why are you insecure? why not just be instictive like animals? why is it wrong to kill your mother, sister, neighbor? in the battle of the fittest, why can we say doing those things are wrong?.. who started saying it is wrong?... why do you have the ability to contemplate what we are talking about and a dog does not??? intelligence? what does that mean. actually when it comes to survival in a jungle, I would say that we can be the least fit compared to tiger, and many other creatures... why are we so dominant for that matter?

heaven was a term to describe a place for spirit beings... hell was not talked about in correlation to heaven... Sheol (meaning place where the dead are) common term is Grave... is what was used... Hell came in the greek translation of hebrew writings.... who defined heaven? well that is what we understand it from another person.... if you claim you don't trust anything or believe anything, then your whole world is built on glass and can be shattered at any time... eventually you have to make a stance on who you are and what you stand for...

as far as the Mayans, well we have ideas about what they believe, but don't know for sure the specifics.. we collect information about civilizations and intepret the best we can...

As far as God picking and choosing life legnth... I never said that.... we all share the same destruction/doom... this is imbetted into our genes... blueprint for us to die... imo, only God can and will alter this.

I agree with your last paragraph... we are all meant to be one family and many times humans have shown this through our actions all over... everywhere that you can find hatred, you will also find love... the fact is there is a battle... one i can only say I only partially understand...

All I ever stated is that I have a hope and faith... that is also the same as a belief in something unknown....I can't really come on this board and claim anything as fact... some things are too difficult for us to explain and comprehend while other things are slapping us in the face.... I don't try and make you believe somethign you don't want to accept... but give some more insight to the deeper things, not just a chemical reation process and void out other meaningful things... to me there is more...

yes, God is real and I do my best to choose the things that are associated wtih terms such as good, love, peace, patience, etc.. and what they stand for... those things have meaning, just as much as the negative things happening in the world have meaning.

Also, I choose to try and make sense of life... the things I am talking about like heaven etc.. are those attempts to understand those kind of things, not meant to be a scientific explanation of anything... i do think that they will be harmonious if broken down to the actuall truth and facts... but, my dealings are more with emotions and life not the latter.

It all goes down as we are all walking our life and doing the best we can... I only share my feelings... that is all i am doing on this recreational room and board.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i'll say it again:
    Live your life like there is nothing after it ends...and in a way that if there is you'll be in a position to have an opportunity to enjoy it.

Think about it ..its a win win....
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    ok, but lets go deeper... why are you insecure? why not just be instictive like animals? why is it wrong to kill your mother, sister, neighbor? in the battle of the fittest, why can we say doing those things are wrong?.. who started saying it is wrong?i was brought us because humans have developed a sense of society, which is also evident in packs of dogs! within our society, we have been brought up with morals, things which man (not a stone tablet on a mountain) decided just werent right (there is no law of nature that states it is wrong to kill your mother!). A dog will not attack one of its own pack, but work with it, unless it itself is attacked. if your mother/brother/family member were to attack you, you would certainly defend yourself. if that person was going to kill you unless you killed them, your instinct would kick in and you would do it. ... why do you have the ability to contemplate what we are talking about and a dog does not??? sorry but how do you know a dog cannot contemplate? again, we think we are superior just because we have these sounds and shapes that represent a language and words. a dog has a bark, a lion a growl. it is all communication. do you have a pet dog? my dog knows, albeit through recognition, but that involves a complex thought process, that if it scratches my leg until i look at it, then it looks at its treats, and then back at me, that eventually i will give in and giev him one. intelligence? what does that mean. actually when it comes to survival in a jungle, I would say that we can be the least fit compared to tiger, and many other creatures... why are we so dominant for that matter? each creature is the fittest depending on the environment. a tiger would be no good under water. we are the fittest of the industrial land, and its only because that is our territory.

heaven was a term to describe a place for spirit beings... hell was not talked about in correlation to heaven... Sheol (meaning place where the dead are) common term is Grave... is what was used... Hell came in the greek translation of hebrew writings.... who defined heaven? well that is what we understand it from another person.... if you claim you don't trust anything or believe anything, then your whole world is built on glass and can be shattered at any time... eventually you have to make a stance on who you are and what you stand for...

as far as the Mayans, well we have ideas about what they believe, but don't know for sure the specifics.. we collect information about civilizations and intepret the best we can... similar then to collecting a book of chinese whispers (a 'bible')- we dont know the specifics, and we interpret to how we feel, hence the reason for the ridiculous amount of christianity variations

As far as God picking and choosing life legnth... I never said that.... we all share the same destruction/doom... this is imbetted into our genes... blueprint for us to die... imo, only God can and will alter this.

I agree with your last paragraph... we are all meant to be one family and many times humans have shown this through our actions all over... everywhere that you can find hatred, you will also find love... the fact is there is a battle... one i can only say I only partially understand...

All I ever stated is that I have a hope and faith... that is also the same as a belief in something unknown....I can't really come on this board and claim anything as fact... some things are too difficult for us to explain and comprehend while other things are slapping us in the face.... I don't try and make you believe somethign you don't want to accept... but give some more insight to the deeper things, not just a chemical reation process and void out other meaningful things... to me there is more...if i give more insight, will you? i dont mean to ask silly questions, but look at the similarities in the bones and organs of mammels. they are all of a similar shape. look at the foetal development of thousands of creatures, we all look the same at the earliest points. with regards to chemical reactions- our body does this thousands of times per day, dealing with tese reactions. put food in, gives energy, results in waste. thats all chemical, nothing supernatural

yes, God is real and I do my best to choose the things that are associated wtih terms such as good, love, peace, patience, etc.. and what they stand for... those things have meaning, just as much as the negative things happening in the world have meaning. me too, but that to me is just being morally correct, something that we as a society has decided. the thing that i hate though is that i live like any good person (almost a christian lifestyle) and the only thing different is my belief. so really, the most important thing to god is that i believe? it doesnt matter if im the biggest ass in the world, as long as i believe, im fine. screw that, id happily go to nothing.

Also, I choose to try and make sense of life... the things I am talking about like heaven etc.. are those attempts to understand those kind of things, not meant to be a scientific explanation of anything... i do think that they will be harmonious if broken down to the actuall truth and facts... but, my dealings are more with emotions and life not the latter.

It all goes down as we are all walking our life and doing the best we can... I only share my feelings... that is all i am doing on this recreational room and board.
    please do continue to share your feelings! im a big fan of these kind of debates, as i really think it gets people on both sides thinking, as long as they do think! i dont mean to sound like im saying you are wrong, i cant say, neither can you, and yes it is faith. but we have to have a reason for our faith, and that discussion is what i love.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    possible parallel universes...maybe death is just a very small "trip" (like tripping over a curb) and the next parallel universe is the same as this one, but just one or two seconds ahead/behind to accommodate for the time it takes to die?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGear View Post
    possible parallel universes...maybe death is just a very small "trip" (like tripping over a curb) and the next parallel universe is the same as this one, but just one or two seconds ahead/behind to accommodate for the time it takes to die?

So we're all dying and being reborn endlessly into the same life/body/soul?

Man that'd be craaaaazyy..

Anyone ever get the spinnin zingers? Like little white swirly lights that dance around your vision for a few seconds/minutes? Happens all the time to me, that mean something?

/me smacks his cheeks and makes an O shape with his mouth while blinking wildly

spinning zinger? sounds like something youd get in KFC!

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    It seems as though one either believes in science OR religion...
    Given a choice between the Pope and air conditioning, I'll take air conditioning.

-BigLittleTim

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    discussing telomere, I don't know too much on this.... in your first post you talked about oxidation of cells which attempts to explain the aging of cells through our breathing.... these are still yet theories. one of many... the whole stem cell research was initiated on identifying the reason for cell aging.

Here is a a source that states we clearly do not know why we age...

google why do we age or how do we age....

http://www.bionetonline.org/english/...t/ll_cont3.htm

This is an organization dedicated to this very subject. the links you have above go into the effect and not the cause... the cause is what is unknown...

I don't see anywhere where we have evolved and become smarter. Can you please point out where this is evident... Most advancements and opportunities to learn new things like we are discussing come from additional time available that was created through civilization, which is from communities coming together to work as a whole group and allow more free time....

this group as a whole can work together so that one can produce a food for the whole, another can build a home, another now has time to dedicate themselves to study biology, etc.... before civilization it was spent on other necessities and this stuff we are talking about is irrelevant to your survival...

also, I think humans are not millions, and millions of years old... the earth would have filled up a long time ago... think how fast the population is multiplying within the past 500 yrs... this is because we are relatively new to the planet and the growth is evident... the exploration of the earth is evident and recorded.... civilization is new and evident and the results of it are new and evident...

If you read stuff that was written a few thousand years ago it is not simple, in fact the language we are speaking now is a lot more simple then other older languages and writings... I don't see anything evolved... you have new civilization that come together to produce something from coming together and acting as a whole... that was inevitable because of the growth... not because we are evolving, which it can be seen that way on the surface of this day and time without looking into why we have the ability to focus on certain thing.... sizerp stated we took a long time to make an atomic bomb... well actually it was pretty quick.... once agian, the resources to create somethign like that takes a community and commitment as whole to this task... that is why it can be done...

oh well,
    First, re-read my other post. I DOOOOOOOOO mention telomeres and cell division. I also mention oxidation and enviromental factors as there are multiple causes for aging. Those articles back up just what I said.

Secondly the article you posted does not impress me or attempt to go into any detail. There is no real information in there.

You don't see where we have evolved to become smarter huh. That's just plain silly, you're thinking ass-backwards, that's the problem. Yeah, our accomplishments and efficency have been greatly enhanced by civilization...but civilization couldn't exsist until natural selection made us smart first. Is it tougher to survive when resources are scarce, or numerous? If food is hard to get and I've got food, what are you gonna do? Steal it from me, that's what. If you went back to my other post I said natural selection was dead or sleeping...Everything lives, where is the selection within our current civilization. There were huge leaps, in technology yes but that follows a huge discovery, for example controling fire, building a spear. Before that, there was millions of years of scratching our ass and trying not to get eaten. Life was hard and therfore we did not overpopulate the planet. Advancement comes from civilization, intelligence comes from evoloution. Create a civilization of retarded kids and see how fast they advance.

Life was so hard that all of these guys but us are no longer around. How do you explain them? We have the bones, so don't give me that never found the missing link bull crap.

http://www.learner.org/courses/biolo...as_humev2.html

And no humans are not millions and millions of years old in their current form. They have been evolving for millions and millions of years. Homo Sapiens diverged about 200,000 years ago. We lived as nomads walking around, living a tough crappy life as hunter gatherers. 10,000 years ago people began to learn how to farm, and a food surplus made permanent settlement possible.

How do we know just how old?
    We can put a date on every living thing with some degree of certainty.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating

Lauguage was more complicated? What are you talking about?
    Last edited by Kratos; 12-23-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
    Given a choice between the Pope and air conditioning, I'll take air conditioning.

-BigLittleTim
    *L* thats funny ....

First, re-read my other post. I DOOOOOOOOO mention telomeres and cell division. I also mention oxidation and enviromental factors as there are multiple causes for aging. Those articles back up just what I said.

Secondly the article you posted does not impress me or attempt to go into any detail. There is no real information in there.

You don't see where we have evolved to become smarter huh. That's just plain silly, you're thinking ass-backwards, that's the problem. Yeah, our accomplishments and efficency have been greatly enhanced by civilization...but civilization couldn't exsist until natural selection made us smart first. Is it tougher to survive when resources are scarce, or numerous? If food is hard to get and I've got food, what are you gonna do? Steal it from me, that's what. If you went back to my other post I said natural selection was dead or sleeping...Everything lives, where is the selection within our current civilization. There were huge leaps, in technology yes but that follows a huge discovery, for example controling fire, building a spear. Before that, there was millions of years of scratching our ass and trying not to get eaten. Life was hard and therfore we did not overpopulate the planet. Advancement comes from civilization, intelligence comes from evoloution. Create a civilization of retarded kids and see how fast they advance.
    Life was so hard that all of these guys but us are no longer around. How do you explain them? We have the bones, so don't give me that never found the missing link bull crap.

http://www.learner.org/courses/biolo...as_humev2.html

And no humans are not millions and millions of years old in their current form. They have been evolving for millions and millions of years.

How do we know just how old?
    We can put a date on every living thing with some degree of certainty.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating

Lauguage was more complicated? What are you talking about?
    whatever kratos... I don't care to discuss this with you anymore..

you are getting all offended.. I don't need to re-read your post... also, I wasn't trying to impress you either.. and you still haven't shown any scientific research that gives a unanimous agreement on how cells age..

there is nothing ass-backwards about my thought process... it just differs from yours.. you throw in that natural selection has caused us to be able to work together as a civilization and achieve certain things .... just throw in the "natural selection clause" to every scenario that you don't know... yes that is real enlightening...didn't you state "natural selection is what causes our cells to age" too.

you sure did shift gears real quick to a defensive position... I am out of this, cause i don't want to get in a pissing match..... i stated my opinion and basis for it and others respect it and respond with theirs...and I respect theirs... but once you start talking smack.. I am out.. stating things like "don't give me that bullcrap" etc... now your an authority on those matters?? or self proclaimed expert on carbon dating and the theory of evolution??.

as far as the language, do some research on languages... English is well known as a simple language... nothing new about that and linguistics are the ones who stat this, not me...

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I'm not offended, just pissy. So, my bad, it's not you, it's me. Having a shitty day at work. Spent all day standing in an OR. I'm out for the next few days anyway so have fun.

I'm not offended, just pissy. So, my bad, it's not you, it's me. Having a shitty day at work. Spent all day standing in an OR. I'm out for the next few days anyway so have fun.
    kratos, sorry for snapping back myself... anyhow, i know how it goes all to well (not the OR, but other stuff) and no hard feelings here bro.... anyhow, have a good holiday, peace!

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    I have faith in science i guess

Blog Entries
    faith is taking the first step when you cant see the end of the staircase. MLK Jr.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just because you can't fathom it with your mind it does not mean to be correct... if you were designed to live for infinity and not able to then maybe there is a reason... and maybe there is a reason and cause for production with an ending result.. do you think the universe can hold an infinite amount of people? who knows where it would end...

Statistically speaking, many skeptics have even applied a mathematical equation to see how crowded the earth would be if everyone from beginning of time would try and live here... they calculated the land mass and human population throughout time... there was something like an acre per person just here on earth without factoring in the ocean...

There might be many unkowns that can materialize... you can chalk it all off as fantasy if you want... makes no difference to me...
    Well I believe the universe IS infinite..which why the comprehension of the universe is unfathomable to man. The infinite defeats the finite mind. Is that the same as trying to define God, I don't know. Some scientists have theorised, through mathematics of all things, that the afterlife can be proved. I think you are a man of faith, where as I am a man of logic...however, that's not to say neither are right, or wrong or even different from each other.

One thing that is certain, all our answers will be revealed when we die.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post

-BigLittleTim

Damn, long time. where you been you big hairy stud ?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    just be a good person with good morals

/thread

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Seriously live to the best of your ability to be good. Live to to have the best possible life. If there is a heaven hell than good for you. If there isn't atleast you will not have wasted this life in wanting to get into heaven.
    Why not just live well and live respectful. I'm sure if your intentions are good and still have fun you should not stress about your faith. Have moral, we have seen high priest to respectable people in our society commit atrocious crimes while all along praying and having faith.
    Why not instead live to be your best and not worry about faith, death, heaven or hell.
    Just my 2 cents ofcourse.

NaturalNoobie is offline New Member
    into the ground

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I've always felt it's somthing beyond us, it's somting we cannot understand.

We assume we can figure out anything, process this information, and understand everything. True humans have amazing brains and comphrending skills.

But we have our limits.

Even a caveman had the ability to talk, but their brains could not process a language. They would just grunt and point (i still do from time to time). I just don't think our brains can grasp the concept.

But religion was created to ease that pain, of the fear of death.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    in the ground and become part of the soil...like everyone else.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    You better pick the correct god, then.

If you don't know which one to pick, and you wanna play the odds, then here is what ya do . . .

Make a list of every known god in descending order, starting from the gods that promise to wreak the worst revenge on you if you don't do what it wants, to the ones that are forgiving, and won't torture you for an honest mistake.

Here's what your list should look like on first pass:

IRS
    Jehovah
    J. Edgar Hoover
    Mormon
    Baal
    Allah
    J*w*h
    Gog & Magog
    Jimmy Swaggart
    AT&T
    L. Ron Hubbard
    Krishna
    Buddah

So, let's say that of the top 3,
    IRS
    J. Edgar Hoover
    Jehovah
    if you upset the IRS, you get 300 billion years of unspeakable torment for not filing your tax return. But you only get 200 billion years of unspeakable torment if you disappoint J. Edgar Hoover, and 100 billion years of unspeakable torment (and 55 billion years of purgatory, which can be reduced thanks to the incessant prayers of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence). Well, you might be tempted to do the popular thing and beleive in Jehovah since his minions get a lot of TV time. But if you're wrong and you discover too late that you should have worshipped IRS, well, you'll have an extra 200 billion years of torment you hadn't counted on before you're finally ready for some fun.

That's the sort of stuff Pascal should have focused on . . .

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    I Googled it you go into a room made of concrete with white bricks and no doors and no windows there nothing except a TV with nuthing but Static on for ever and ever and ever and you can never sleep because your wide awake.....and then out of no where Ghandi appears and says something you cannot understand then kicks you in the Nads and dissapears, Then a laptop appears and you make a post on the AR and no one ever responds or acknowledges that your even online.

Google is Crazy

-AJ

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    It seems as though one either believes in science OR religion.

Where is Magic when you need him? He stated one can believe both...
    Religion is something to be beleived (or not).
    It is the Scientific Method that when scrupulously followed, brings reliable information, which can be of some practical use in the real world. An accumulation of that knowledge, both practical and theoretical, methodically acquired and refined, always open to revision upon discovery of new information, is Science.

Religion: given by inspiration, not subject to questioning, verification or revision.
    Science: accumulated information acquired through the Scientific Method.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentor...c_method.shtml

Scientific Method:
    The scientific method is a way to ask and answer scientific questions by making observations and doing experiments.
    The steps of the scientific method are to:
    • Ask a Question
    • Do Background Research
    • Construct a Hypothesis
    • Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
    • Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
    • Communicate Your Results

---------------------------------

So, when someone gets very very sick, you'd go to a doctor first, and get some medicine/therapy that had some scientifically demonstrated benefit.
    Sometimes everything works out, and sometimes it doesn't. When science reaches its current limits, it's time for hope and prayer.
    - Of course, the current limits of scientific knowledge could be pushed a little further out, with a few more $$$ earmarked to scientific research . . . which will make having to resort to prayer a bit less necessary . . .

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    my uncle just died a week ago, people their said he shead a tear smiled, sighed... and then "gave up the ghost" ... so where did he go? well, the ground to rot, hell, heaven, or just lights out - so where would we go to find out ? a blog? where tons of knowlege is... or the bible where tons of knowlege is? so that is what i have done and i read the bible, studied the bible, and asked lots of questions.

this is what i have found - the bible is based on real people, real actions, real happenings, things were written hundreds of years earlier then they happened and they were documented. by different people at different times. that in it self says one would need to put time in to it to truly understand

so take this from someone who has spent tons of time reading and asking questions about the subject - you go to heaven, in a thing called the rapture the church will be taken in to heaven - in a glorified body, the anti christ will rule for 7 years and plagues will cursh the earth, the bible says woe is he that is on earth at that time... (paraphased), during this time (again trust me) dont take the sign of the devil, then Jesuse comes back to crush those who are left (except the jews - Gods chosen people) then 1000 years of no sin on earth. then more intresting stuff

sounds supernatrual hu? well it is... just like how all of came in to this world... a miracle

so that is where you go - the athiest will probably see one of those angles in the lake of fire... only thing is she will have male parts - lol

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    well i put some good info in here and it is not being posted so just research and know if you see that girl/angle and your an atheist she'll have some male parts you may not like

how bout this hi

hey who ever is editing me ... you put info out from other opinion why not mine?

ok what ever

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information